It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Scouts of America agree 'inclusive' name change

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune
Brilliant!!! Mixing the sexes just when the hormones start flowing. The logic behind the left is jus stupefying. Now they will tweet and rant and rave when the panty raids start and such. LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER!!!

YEAH! Get those women back to kitchen where they belong and bake me some pie. You make it sound like this will result in a Calgula like orgy at every meeting sheesh.

Despite your fears (and issue with British People) you have yet to site any evidence that this will be bad other than putting forth general statements that the sky will fall.

Again as an Eagle Scout myself this is a fantastic development. Why exclude females from the Scouting experience? Its not just about survival skills, its about leadership, teamwork, and personal growth and challenge. Everybody benefits from that period

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz
Ben Shapiro points out how absurd this is.

Start with how racist the new name is. "Scouts" is cultural appropriation. In P.C. terms doesn'tthis offend Native Americans?
Shouldn't they drop the "scouts" part instead and just call it "boys"? reply to: Krazysh0t

Ben is an idiot. Nothing is changing for the boys and they will not have girls in their troop. The only change besides the name is that girls will also have there own troopd. How scary.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ok

See, if you think B Shapiro is an idiot then you must be real smart so I fear you now.
a reply to: defiythelie

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

just my opinion:
the scout organization is not only there to teach kids how to camp. but to teach kids how to be a healthy member of society.
part of the scouts is teaching young boys to be men. to handle life's problems in a reasoned way. to show them that life has challenges and each one of them has the tools and the strength to handle those problems.

the girl scouts should learn from the boy scouts organization and implement the activities and methods that best suit young ladies. to help teach them to handle life's problems in a reasoned way. to show them that life has challenges and each one of those ladies has the tools and the strength to handle those problems.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Canada has had integrated Scouting for years. There is no issue and the programs are strong and viable.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
be weary every single time you see the word, "inclusive"

Lynn Rothschild's Org

This is a Rothschild backed agenda.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Just be "The Scouts" like in the UK...what is so troublesome about that?

It's been the Boy Scouts for over 100 years.
What's wrong with just leaving that alone?
I joined BSA when I was 10.
I wouldn't have if it included girls.
My best friend was a girl but I wasn't interested in being around girls at that age.

Yes. If it's not broke don't fix it.

People are going mad, and i'm not afraid to say that. People need to respect the boundaries of children, and they aren't. If I was a child living in todays world, i'd feel the same way about it that i do right now.

Respect goes both ways.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
Their membership was falling, and girls wanted to do the activities they offered. I'd say it was a natural evolution.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Spot on the decisions they made in the 80's really doomed them decades later. Scouting is unlikely to survive without changes and this is a great one.

No one has really made a strong point as to why this is bad beyond rhetoric.

So, as an Eagle Scout (Troop and Post 153) I say welcome ladies. May you get out of scouting as much as I did. I look foreword to the first female Eagle Scout!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
In today's society it will be tough for bsa to survive.

How many sexual harassment lawsuits can they handle?

After all they are in the position they are in now because of political correctness and inclusiveness.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Their membership was falling, and girls wanted to do the activities they offered. I'd say it was a natural evolution.

I disagree, I don't feel the same way about it. I'd rather bunk with my own gender.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I disagree, I don't feel the same way about it. I'd rather bunk with my own gender.

I was a sea cadet and bunked with girls because they allowed it back in the 80's in Britain, same all military cadets, Scouts did the same, I don't see the problem.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join