It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Scouts of America agree 'inclusive' name change

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

I see you don't know what the definition of hyperbole is.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Skinny Jeans

I knew they would be bad in the long run...

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: Krazysh0t

This is so effing stupid.. I have no problem with girls wanting to be a boy scout and learn that stuff.

But to change the name just to appease snowflake liberals is ridiculous..

Man... Why does everything have to be a dumb partisan argument to you? Is your mind 100% wrapped around partisan politics that you can't comment on something with out kneejerk reacting with an "EVIL LIBERALS!" response?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Milkweed
This has nothing to do with capitalism.

Business sees a need/opportunity to expand said business. Business takes that opportunity. Ergo it's capitalism. They even said as much.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ok. I have a question for you from your earlier post.
What are the sleeping arrangements using the buddy system and 2man tents if you have 3 transgender campers?
Serious question. Remember, if they are transgender they are already sexual creatures making personal sexual related decisions. So can you let 2 sleep together? If so, can you let the 1 left out buddy with a boy or girl?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc

Scouts BSA

Doesn't BSA stand for Boy Scouts of America?

nice try tho'

Nice try for what? I'm not the one who decided on the name change.
edit on 3-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Lol. Because girls learning how to camp, hike, and do outdoors things is SOOOO terrifying that it will destroy American.

This is how it starts. First they want to camp and hike, then they want to vote and drive. It's all over, I'm moving to Yemen.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Lol. Because girls learning how to camp, hike, and do outdoors things is SOOOO terrifying that it will destroy American.

This is how it starts. First they want to camp and hike, then they want to vote and drive. It's all over, I'm moving to Yemen.

Everyone knows women don’t have the ankle strength to operate a clutch, we outlaw automatic transmissions: problem solved.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Everyone knows women don’t have the ankle strength to operate a clutch, we outlaw automatic transmissions: problem solved.

Just take out the vanity mirror so they can't put makeup on while they drive.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Ye-person, not Yeman.

Racist!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

a winner is you!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
What's funny is doing this will help our kids understand the real world a bit better.

I'm sorry but the days of "The women stay at home to do the cooking and child care while the men work" is over with and has been for a very, very, VERY long time now.

Those of you that hate this change need to do two things:

1) Look about and realize you're in the 21st century...not the 18th century

2) Grow up.

Do you honestly think your daughters can't do things just as good (or even better) than boys? Sheesh.

My oldest daughter used to climb trees, build forts and would wrestle boys to the ground that called her names (with me having to intervine before she beat the crap out of them), and is now a proud mother of 2 daughters and a son herself.

My wife is a country girl. She loves to camp, loves to fish, can out shoot me (with pistols, I'm still better than her with a rifle), and doesn't think twice about getting on a tractor to help do heavy work. She ain't "the lil' woman that belongs in the kitchen".

Seriously: those of you who think this is a PC move, or that girls doing the same thing as boy scouts is going to destroy America need to seriously grow up and loose your misogynist beliefs.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

This is so effing stupid.. I have no problem with girls wanting to be a boy scout and learn that stuff.

But to change the name just to appease snowflake liberals is ridiculous..

Man... Why does everything have to be a dumb partisan argument to you? Is your mind 100% wrapped around partisan politics that you can't comment on something with out kneejerk reacting with an "EVIL LIBERALS!" response?

Who are the ones wanting to stop using he and she ?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
So, they are leaving the Girl Scouts alone. Is there a reason they couldn't have just created a third, coed organization for those that want it? Something all inclusive like ScoutsAmerica or something like that? I just think that if they are ok with the GS remaining segregated why single out the boys?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Sure those days are over, but at what cost?
Disfunctional families, fatherless homes, etc...
Society needs a structure. If not, it'll fall apart.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Milkweed

Sure those days are over, but at what cost?
Disfunctional families, fatherless homes, etc...
Society needs a structure. If not, it'll fall apart.

Are you actually of the opinion that society will cease to be, because women, for lack of a better descriptor, “forget their place”?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Do you honestly think your daughters can't do things just as good (or even better) than boys? Sheesh.

YES honestly

don't pretend that there is no difference between male and female.
ignoring facts just drags us all down

there are benefits and curses to both sexes.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yeah, I wouldn't send my daughter on a scouting trip with these perverts no matter how "accommodating" they are.
edit on 3-5-2018 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Boy Scouts in Canada have allowed girls for a while at least. I'm not sure if the girl guides up here allow boys or not. Whenever i've seen them it didn't really seem to make much of a difference. The girls and boys always seemed to be getting along alright together.

Boy scouts was kinda meh anyway. I already knew more about camping and survival by the time I was in cub scouts than most of the leaders and the whole participation thing never really appealed to me.
edit on 3/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
What's funny is doing this will help our kids understand the real world a bit better.

I'm sorry but the days of "The women stay at home to do the cooking and child care while the men work" is over with and has been for a very, very, VERY long time now.

Those of you that hate this change need to do two things:

1) Look about and realize you're in the 21st century...not the 18th century

2) Grow up.

My oldest daughter used to climb trees, build forts and would wrestle boys to the ground that called her names (with me having to intervine before she beat the crap out of them), and is now a proud mother of 2 daughters and a son herself.

My wife is a country girl. She loves to camp, loves to fish, can out shoot me (with pistols, I'm still better than her with a rifle), and doesn't think twice about getting on a tractor to help do heavy work. She ain't "the lil' woman that belongs in the kitchen".

Seriously: those of you who think this is a PC move, or that girls doing the same thing as boy scouts is going to destroy America need to seriously grow up and loose your misogynist beliefs.

Funny. I think of women as more of a help mate like you describe.
Hyperfeminine women are more of an upperclass social thing based on affluence and not a survival scenario. Women and men have complimentary skillsets to each other. They most certainly are not the same no matter what century you choose before the "21st" century. For example. Serena Williams could not compete with menand win in tennis. She is a womans champion. She would not even be mentioned in history if she competed with men

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join