It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Scouts of America agree 'inclusive' name change

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
It tells volumes about one´s mindset if one thinks a group can be "gay" or "act-gay"....

Doesn't tell you much about a pre-teen mindset in the 80's. Sorry mate, nothing to be outraged about.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: Krazysh0t

There already is an organisation for coed groups it is called 4h you only have to by a t-shirt and show up you don,t have to buy expensive boy scout certified equipment and you don't have to sell no hard as rock cookies. I was a member in my youth played a lot of 4h softball my cousins raised heifers for the fair through 4h and it was a good place to hook up with girls when you a young teen good clean fun never heard of 4h leader abusing kids like you used to with scout masters.

oh.
sounds like a great time. raise heifers and hopefully meet big ole country chicks.

have to pass on that. sounds terrible

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Not outraged, I´m perfectly calm all the time

It still does, maybe not what you think I mean it does. For example how a 11-12 year old is exposed to thinking that something can be "gay". That´s what I ment with mindeset, not your personal one necessary but the surrounding etc.

I was born 196*, so we´re not that far away from each other in age. You know, there was no internet, we had radio and 1-2 TV channels that would not be on air 24/7, on the TV in the local bar/restaurant/slaughterhouse.

That´s what I mean. I can´t remember "gay" being a topic at all, let alone in that age.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I was describing my world back then

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Cool. As an Eagle scout myself the change is been needed for a long time. Scouting is dying. Some of that is their failure to keep pace with societal changes and the blurring of gender roles and perceptions.

Boy Scouts or Scouts BSA or whatever they want to call it is trying at least to change itself to become relevant again. Girls Scouts on the other hand seem to exist to sell cookies. Im not being flip or sarcastic here as the number of girls who participated peripherally in my sons cub scout pack instead of the Brownies and Girl Scouts speaks to that reality

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
As an eagle scout I can approve of this. The girl scouts and boy scouts are completely different entities. If a girl is more inclined to participate in physical outdoor activities then let her. Just like if a boy were inclined more towards arts and crafts. But I doubt the girl scouts will play the inclusion game too.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
FFS, this country just gets more idiotic by the day. Since when did anything and everything have to be all inclusive? We're becoming a country of cowards and pansies afraid of our own shadows. This PC BS is out of control and anyone thinking this isn't motivated by the PC crowd couldn't be more wrong.

.......and yet we still have the BET awards, cable and radio stations for blacks only. WTF? Maybe they should be on the radar next? Not trying to make this racial but it falls under the same PC umbrella, IMHO.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

I was wondering if someone would catch that.

So the Boy Scouts of America are now BSA**something inclusive**? With the BSA still standing for, wait for it, Boy Scouts of America...

OK.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

...and get out of the kitchen, too.

End of life as we know it.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Since when did anything and everything have to be all inclusive?

It doesn't. Organizations like the BSA have the choice to do what they like. They made the choice to do this.

We're becoming a country of cowards and pansies afraid of our own shadows. This PC BS is out of control and anyone thinking this isn't motivated by the PC crowd couldn't be more wrong.

That has nothing to do with it. The BSA are/were becoming irrlevant due to changes in society, including what is popular with the younger generations.

The Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts have been stuck in the "1950's" for some time and they are trying to get with the times.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: mtnshredder

Since when did anything and everything have to be all inclusive?

It doesn't. Organizations like the BSA have the choice to do what they like. They made the choice to do this.

We're becoming a country of cowards and pansies afraid of our own shadows. This PC BS is out of control and anyone thinking this isn't motivated by the PC crowd couldn't be more wrong.

That has nothing to do with it. The BSA are/were becoming irrlevant due to changes in society, including what is popular with the younger generations.

The Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts have been stuck in the "1950's" for some time and they are trying to get with the times.

BS, that's what they want you to believe. It has everything to do with it.
Tell the Boy Scouts to End Discrimination Against Young Women

I cannot change my gender to fit the Boy Scouts’ standards, but the Boy Scouts can change their standards to include me.

edit on 3-5-2018 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
i know at least 1 person who is pissed about girl scouts. he is always taking his daughter to their # and he was going to set up for them to sell cookies.

I may be the only person who doesn't like Girl Scout cookies, however if they sold Girl Scout potato chips I'd be a fat bastard.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Still lurving on all the mamby pambys who don't like private companies doing what they want because they think they caught The Gay or The Trans. You can tell who would run a profitable business versus who would run it into the ground.

'When my grandpappy started this here business we didn't have no in-tree-net and I ain'ts usin' it neither!'

Change or die, that's how all successful businesses operate.

edit on 3-5-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
So instead of making the GIRL scouts offer more activities like camping and survival, we are going to force the boy scouts to admit girls.

This is very similar to a comment I made elsewhere.

I can sympathize with girls who want to actually scout. The Girl Scouts are much more domestically oriented. The Boy Scouts do things I would much rather have done as a girl - camping, pine wood derby, etc.

However, I think it would be better to have mirror programs: one for girls and one for boys. They do pretty much the same activities, but the groups are separate. The reason this would never happen is because too many people think that gender is a brain thing and not a physical body reality thing.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So now what happens is a bunch of older men are camping with little boys and little girls. Certainly some pervert won't find this to be exactly what he wanted.....

Great work. Fantastic job!

Genius! Pure Genius!
edit on fThursdayAmerica/Chicago3408699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699
So now what happens is a bunch of older men are camping with little boys and little girls. Certainly some pervert won't find this to be exactly what he wanted.....

Great work. Fantastic job!

Genius! Pure Genius!

Right? Now they can probably quit their day job teaching or being a day care provider where there aren't any little boys or girls to molest. We need to THINK OF THE CHILDREN here.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

At least they didn't change the name to LBGTQ Scouts. Give it time.

What happens when the Islamics decide to join? Are we going to have a khaki colored bag to put over their head as part of the uniform?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This is pointless and stupid. Femenists are as bad as Repubicans.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I see the Human Biology Deniers are Still Hard at Work pushing their Mental Derangement on the Public at large in order to gain Attention for their Own Self Righteous Agendas . When Will the Majority in this Country Finally say ENOUGH of this Nonsense and Embrace Normalcy Again ?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

You seem really pissed that a private company changed their policy.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join