It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Senate Candidate Praises Hitler and Sparks Condemnation from California GOP

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

That is utterly irrelevant.

Your people have a history of failing to prevent your government from doing evil, using those guns. I respect the second amendment, but realistically, no one in your country has ever used their firearm to go against the government successfully, or in any situation where it was valid to do so. Its far more common that those weapons are used in hate crimes, than it is that they are used to protect your people from violations of the constitution of the United States of America.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: mikell

Even if that were the case, it doesn't change the fact that he's polling better than every other Republican.

Ah yes, the polls. The true gauge of reality - not!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It's not really 'my' Country but thank you for asking. I admire it and i've spent a lot of time there.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

We already had a Nazi win a primary in Illinois with over 20,000 votes. So yes, people are voting for Nazis and that should be concerning to everyone that doesn't adhere to that ideology.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Dude, this is California where we toil under the boot of the Democrats. Even a decent Republican candidate can't get any traction. A Nazi is a sideshow for the tabloids.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Like I said before in this thread, much like Jones in Illinois, Little doesn't have a chance to actually the seat. But that doesn't change the fact that a significant number of people are throwing their support behind a Nazi.

One Nazi is nothing to really worry about. But if tens of thousands of people are sympathetic to Nazi ideology then suddenly there's a problem.

Also, just because Jones or Little won't win their elections doesn't mean no Nazis will. One of the Republican candidates vying for Paul Ryan's soon to be vacant chair is a white supremacist. If he can win the primary there's a good chance he'll win the actual election.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

A lot of the votes these people are getting is just because there is an (R) next to their name. Also, didn't the person in Illinois run in the primary unopposed?

I'm pretty sure people aren't voting FOR these people. People are voting AGAINST the other person not knowing anything about the person they are actually casting their ballot for.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad

A lot of the votes these people are getting is just because there is an (R) next to their name. Also, didn't the person in Illinois run in the primary unopposed?

I'm pretty sure people aren't voting FOR these people. People are voting AGAINST the other person not knowing anything about the person they are actually casting their ballot for.

Honestly, either proposition should scare you.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Who cares he admires Hitler, Who Cares!!!!!

Who cares If people admire Stalin, or Mao right, who cares if a "Democrat" said they admired Marx or Lenin, who cares!!!!!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Are you somehow required to vote for him??

I'm not, even if I lived in California. Nor am I required to even give him the time of day.

Tempest in a teapot.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

I didn't say it didn't scare me. lol.

But there is a definite difference between uninformed voting for a practically unknown candidate because the are from the "right" party, than actively voting for someone because they are a neo-nazi white supremacist.

I would definately be more scared of the second option.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

Unfortunately the bill of rights also protects these knuckleheads. We cannot selectively enforce the Constitution. We cannot say everyone has freedom of speech, except you anti-semite knuckleheads. They are free to rant out their idiotic opinions just as the rest of us are free to ignore and/or ridicule them for their idiocy.

But if it comes to the point where they start threatening to mass murder people, then we have a problem.
edit on 5/3/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

But if comes to the point where they start threatening to mass murder people, then we have a problem.

That's when it will be ok to round them up.

Threats of fascist insurrection and mass murder are not covered under the Bill of Rights, and I'd be out front in a target-rich environment.

edit on 3 5 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
All brought to you by .. Ok take a guess.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Well many people made the mistake of not taking Hitler's death threats against Jews and Slavs seriously. If only they took Hitler's threats more seriously, then he would have never gone far.
edit on 5/3/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

the anti Semite are holding some of the top positions in the Dem Party. Where's your thread on that?

Why don't you make a thread about this and prove it to us?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

If these people even EXIST inside a nation, that nation needs to take action to remove them. Screw their presence in political parties, their presence in your NATION is a problem.

Problem with this statement makes me go Mmm people in glass houses probably shouldn't throw stones.

I've been living in Europe for 4 years and pretty much everything Europeans like to squawk about in regards to us Yanks (minus the guns of course) I have seen in Europe, including having whack a do fringe candidates saying stupid things like this clown.
edit on 3-5-2018 by Irishhaf because: spelling.

(post by CB328 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

If these people even EXIST inside a nation, that nation needs to take action to remove them. Screw their presence in political parties, their presence in your NATION is a problem.

Remove everyone who thinks a certain way from the nation? Is that even possible what you are asking? Sounds a little fascist, actually, if I'm honest...

(post by Kyrios0Zero removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join