It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generation gap? Democrats losing support among millennials

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

I imagine it is yes, to various extents, there is little doubt about it. But I also acknowledge that a major house cleaning is taking place right now, and we most likely won't see any serious change until the swamp runs dry.

I think the REAL takeaway should be that both DEM's and the GOP should be worried that we are approaching the point there might actually be room for a centric third party.

I agree with you on this, a third party might be a very good idea right now.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
a reply to: jimmyx

Same reason CNN and Fake News is still used in reference. There's a little of truth in everything, you just gotta use that thing called 'intuition'.

sorry pal, I'll believe my own countrymen over foreign propaganda news networks....

see my post above lol.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Ok since you only believe your countryman and an American Millennial who has become very conservative the last few years I can vouch that everyone in my age range (30's) is either totally sick of the Democrats or a Republican

Oh there is a lot of Ron Paul support too in my age group

About to listen to the Dan Bongino show right now

I forgot about psople loving Bernie as well
edit on 3-5-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Ok since you only believe your countryman and an American Millennial who has become very conservative the last few years I can vouch that everyone in my age range (30's) is either totally sick of the Democrats or a Republican

Oh there is a lot of Ron Paul support too in my age group

About to listen to the Dan Bongino show right now

I forgot about psople loving Bernie as well

Yeah, Ron Paul I like. He's also pissed at the Hillary camp right now, bonus!

It's hard to tell who's on what side though ya know? More than Half of them have shown their colors since the last Election, they switch sides more often than a Chameleon changes color.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The US is ready for a quality 3rd party candidate to step up and give us a reason to vote for them instead of the same old choices.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
The US is ready for a quality 3rd party candidate to step up and give us a reason to vote for them instead of the same old choices.

Whether or not people agree, Trump made that choice possible. If anyone else had won, nothing would of changed and we'd carry on the same road to hell we were on.

I think for the first time in decades, People have been given a choice. They've chosen well.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Tells people he has a friend at the cable company.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

Tells people he has a friend at the cable company.

You're way too paranoid man.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Maybe there's hope for the Millennial's after all.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Maybe there's hope for the Millennial's after all.

I seriously hope so lol.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

And this may be a real shocker to some (here), but I totally agree with this!

When the republicans turned on Trump they showed their true colors (they ain't red, white and blue either! More like yellow.), and they lost all my support. They're no different than the democrats, all just a bunch of self-serving thieves and con-men/women. Personal greed is their only motivator...screw the American taxpayers and citizens...that's their motto.

ENOUGH!!
edit on 5/3/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I'd be ok if RT, CNN, and BBC were all blacklisted. Or not.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

They’re not only losIng millennials....

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

True, a lot of people are waking up right now. Funny cause a lot of us on ATS have known this for years, so watching it happen out there, is kind of surreal.
edit on 3-5-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I'm struggling with the sane issue

This coubtry is primed for a new party if someone with a platform just create a REAL libertarian party to split the corporate republicans from the true libertarians and the progressives split the corporate democrats we would have something going

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I'm struggling with the sane issue

This coubtry is primed for a new party if someone with a platform just create a REAL libertarian party to split the corporate republicans from the true libertarians and the progressives split the corporate democrats we would have something going

I know what you're saying. If the Liberation party returned to it's Roots, we'd see the change we've been waiting for. The party morphed into a 3 eyed monstrosity we're unfamiliar with and I don't have to explain how occured. We know there is a power that drove it that way, & now what we need to do is drive it in the opposite direction and take it back. I think Trump is the pillar we needed, he's done it, now it's up to everyone else to carry the torch in the direction people would like to see it go.

The reigns have been handed over to the People, now it's up to the People to take it back and Lead. I believe this may be the last chance we've got to do that, and if that fails, well, I'd rather not entertain what may happen should it fail.
edit on 3-5-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Context is everything. To whatever extent Democrats are losing youth support, they're losing it to more progressive candidates, not to Trump or the GOP. The midterms will be a bloodbath for Republicans.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: carewemust

Want to back up that claim with at least a bi partisan source?

Is there such a thing?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Easy solution...term limits to compliment the changes in peoples perception and feelings...

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

I'm not sure term limits are the answer. I used to believe strongly in term limits, but now I think there's a better way to skin that cat.

Take away the really big perks, the loopholes and the money lobby from elected politicians I think is the answer now. This will clean out the career politicians, errr, thieves and con-persons. Make them get healthcare like everyone else, not the cushy for-life deal they've got now. Pay them a fair salary, but absolutely OUTLAW money lobbying, special interest and favoritism. Get a new mansion? Okay, how'd you pay for that mansion? Better be your money!! Got a new jet? Etc.

The problem in DC is corruption...and LOTS of it! The federal government is replete with corruption. And this corruption works against the American people in favor of corporate elitism and monopolies. End the corruption, and the problem improves dramatically. In fact, there's an almost exponential relationship between curbing corruption and improvement.

edit on 5/3/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join