It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generation gap? Democrats losing support among millennials

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

The Democratic Party is losing ground with millennial voters, all while their interest in the Republican Party is creeping up, according to a new poll. The Reuters/Ipsos online survey of more than 16,000 registered voters in the 18-34 age category found that support for Democrats has fallen to 46 percent — a roughly 9 percent drop over the last two years. Two out of three young voters said they did not like President Donald Trump, a Republican, but that did not always translate into a wider dislike of the GOP.

www.rt.com...

The new numbers will be worrying for Democrats, who rely on the millennial vote as they head into the midterm congressional elections in November. Democrats will need to win 24 seats to gain control of the House of Representatives.

Not surprised.

You can only regurgitate so much # before you start dry heaving. We're beginning to witness the awakening of the Millennials.

I was on the phone with my service provider today and started talking to the tech about how screwed up the world is, I was a little surprised by the response but her being a Millennial who's Husband is post Gen X, felt the same way I did. We covered everything from Faraday cages to the coming ice age, to everything going digital and how many people particularly pre-Computer/digital age, don't entirely trust what's happening with that, & they like myself were tired of the crap being spewed over and over. This was bound to take place eventually, and now it finally is.

edit on 3-5-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
DIMS are Losing supports among Blacks too. 11% Liked Trump in January 2018. That doubled, to 22% in April.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
DIMS are Losing supports among Blacks too. 11% Liked Trump in January 2018. That doubled, to 22% in April.

The fantasy ideal is wearing off and reality is kicking in.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Want to back up that claim with at least a bi partisan source?

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

And congrats for you spending time on the phone with a company that just want your money and would obviously agree with what ever you talked about to get said money.
Does the word commission ring a bell?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

How do you get on the Net? Granny's Basement?

Net Provider, and yes it was a valid conversation. I've done marketing and I understand how it works. I can also read people extremely well, like you for example, and the heated anger you just shared about how everyone that talks on the phone must be EVIL and on a time schedule. But think what you want.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
why is RT still being allowed to be used as a reference here?...does ATS want to sow more division among Americans?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Same reason CNN and Fake News is still used in reference. There's a little of truth in everything, you just gotta use that thing called 'intuition'.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

What an odd accusation I must say. And to answer your question I say no but think what you want fella. Are you upset that I asked you this question? I have done the same myself and there is no harm in doing so. As long as you made an educated deal that will benefit you more than other deals.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: carewemust

Want to back up that claim with at least a bi partisan source?

They were talking about black men, not black people. The numbers are correct for that, from april 22, to april 29 11% to 22%.. It's from reuters polling.

BUT..

that's weekly and it's like 200 people(black men).. in the last week the numbers went way back up in that group, but overall if you look like the last 6 weeks it's not much change..

If you remove that filter, or those filters, the polling is 3,000 people, and there is an uptick in the last week, and again overall it's not a huge change.

42% approve, 54% dissaprove, 4% mixed all people January 1st, 2018
41% approve, 54% dissaprove, 4% mixed all people april 29th, 2018

15% approve, 78% dissaprove, 7% mixed black people january 1st, 2018
17% approve, 77% dissaprove, 7% mixed black people april 29th 2018

Reuters Polling

Not that it's super on topic but I hope that helps.

edit on 3-5-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

What an odd accusation I must say. And to answer your question I say no but think what you want fella. Are you upset that I asked you this question? I have done the same myself and there is no harm in doing so. As long as you made an educated deal that will benefit you more than other deals.

You might of found it odd but I didn't.

Ok I will lady. Thanks for giving me that option. Upset over what? A question? Not at all, on the contrary. It's inspires me. No harm in listening to what you have to say, I agree.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Thank you for for posting some numbers. I knew carewemust would but I assume he was asleep. I never meant to come off as mean if I did in that post. But I did kinda want to come off as a hummingbird lol

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I am glad we have used our brains instead of egos! Go smart people!

Oh and also I am not a lady LMAO me dude.....

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Yeah well, I can only speak for myself.

great song!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I can get where you are coming from. I imagine I will see you again on the boards often. Especially when my non political non postings ends in the very specific political forums arena.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
why is RT still being allowed to be used as a reference here?...does ATS want to sow more division among Americans?

The ACTUAL source here too is REUTERS

Reu ters RT just copy pasted them, and gave them credit.. Do they teach people how to look up sources in schools these days?

Exclusive: Democrats lose ground with millennials - Reuters/Ipsos poll

MANCHESTER, N.H. (Reuters) - Enthusiasm for the Democratic Party is waning among millennials as its candidates head into the crucial midterm congressional elections, according to the Reuters/Ipsos national opinion poll.

Terry Hood, 34, an African-American who works at a Dollar General store in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and took this year’s poll, said he voted for Democrat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election.

But he will consider a Republican for Congress because he believes the party is making it easier to find jobs and he applauds the recent Republican-led tax cut.

“It sounds strange to me to say this about the Republicans, but they’re helping with even the small things,” Hood said in a phone interview. “They’re taking less taxes out of my paycheck. I notice that.”

Guess what, I'm a lefty that feels the same way.. I don't know what generation I am but I'm lower 30s.

Two years ago, young white people favored Democrats over Republicans for Congress by a margin of 47 to 33 percent; that gap vanished by this year, with 39 percent supporting each party.

The shift was especially dramatic among young white men, who two years ago favored Democrats but now say they favor Republicans over Democrats by a margin of 46 to 37 percent, the Reuters/Ipsos poll showed.

So yea anyway...

cheers

anf clicky here for to make it bigger:

edit on 3-5-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I can't wait!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Isn't the same thing happening for the GOP too, though - a dislike of the DEM's doesn't always translate into liking the GOP?

Supporting this notion, independents have been an ever growing group for quite some time now, and this past election cycle they outnumbered both republicans and democrats for the first time ever (in modern times at least).

I think the REAL takeaway should be that both DEM's and the GOP should be worried that we are approaching the point there might actually be room for a centric third party.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

Same reason CNN and Fake News is still used in reference. There's a little of truth in everything, you just gotta use that thing called 'intuition'.

sorry pal, I'll believe my own countrymen over foreign propaganda news networks....

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

sorry pal, I'll believe my own countrymen over foreign propaganda news networks....

How gullible thou art.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join