It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can america win their first ever war with iran ??

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SATURN66

Yes, let your hate flow.

You really have no idea about America do you? You can think that America is somekind of push over, but you have no idea how that would end up. I noticed though that you decided to bring in the CIA instead of answering the question of what wars did your country win?

Should we start discussing MI-5 and 6, and talk about all the dirty dirty things that they have started and feed? Should we bring up a few little countries in Africa that have become perminate war zones due to the whims of Parlament and the Queen? Should we discuss Ireland? Go ahead bring up whatever, just remember your country invendted being dirty. Don't believe me, go ask a Scotsman.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SATURN66

No worries.
...and on the question of say a purely naval battle between Britain and Russia I reckon we'd have a good chance of doing them over. Their ships are old, we have decent tech, I genuinely think even lil Britain would have a good go at them in a purely naval conflict.
I'm ex RN though so I'm biased obviously.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
David triumphed over Goliath. Japan triumphed over Russia back in 1904 / 1905 when Russia was like 100 times the size of Japan. Sure, America towers over Iran in terms of size, but can American conquer Iran? I don't think so.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jumanji
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

On the contrary. Russia's latest warships are damn cool.

Small but packs a helluva punch.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

defence.pk...

That was an interesting read, cheers for posting the links.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Well they spend more on there military than the rest of top 5 nations combined.

A total of $598.5 billion in the fiscal year of 2015.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The answer is no. In Iraq which is a Shia majority country ruled by a Sunni man, it was mainly Shia who toppled Saddam, not the American army. In Iran that is not the case. Iranians are extremely nationalistic. They would never support a foreign power to topple their government. That, plus Russia dumping weapons to Iran via Caspian. It would be the end of GOP if Trump goes to war with Iran.

fair point, plus i don't think the un will let America go that far as they know they will pick on Russia or China after they get bored in Iran, there is still a lot of level-headed un countries that do not want the world to end and at the end of the day i would like to think that America will take note from those countries and just leave Iran alone and let Israel deal with them as it states in the bible

link   

David triumphed over Goliath. Japan triumphed over Russia back in 1904 / 1905 when Russia was like 100 times the size of Japan. Sure, America towers over Iran in terms of size, but can American conquer Iran? I don't think so.

Look let's put this in simple terms and assess a recent USA v Iran proxy war.

Israel v Hezbollah 2006

Kill ratio 10/1 in Israel's favour

That's the sort of kill ratio that equals victory if things go on for months. USA tech v Iranian tech wins EVERY TIME

link   
Iran was the most powerful empire on the planet back in the day. Now Iran is weak. However, with Russia backing, it is still very powerful, certainly a regional power in the middle east.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Britain could take on Russia's navy.

Russia is doomed to 2nd-tier status because it doesn't have a warm, blue-water port. They cannot exit the Baltic without Denmark, Sweden, and UK permission. They cannot leave the Black Sea without Turkish permission---they cannot even supply that Syrian base! And once in the Mediterranean, they have to pass Gibraltar...

Archangel is frozen over for months on end. Japan (with it's American bases) watches on one side of Vladivostok--Alaskans watch from their backyard barbecues on the other.

So resupply is always a problem for the Russian Navy. Selling Alaska to the USA was a mistake for the centuries.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It's all monopoly money to me at those levels lol, I just can't see how anyone could even think of arguing that America is not the most powerful military nation in the world right now.
I'm happy enough that Britain is mates with them.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The Philistines relied to heavily on one vs one combat. It was the way back then, kind of cool in a way, but kind of stupid too. The Philistines could have won if they had fought an all out war with the Hebrew army.

Russia also had an ineffective leadership that was losing it's control over it's people at the time, while Japan still had a very strong sense of feudalistic order.

I'm glad you feel that way. I hope you never have to find out, but just keep this in mind:
We have conventional weapons that are just as powerful as some countries Nuclear weapons. Only Russia can make that same claim. Let that sink in.

Iran was the most powerful empire on the planet back in the day. Now Iran is weak. However, with Russia backing, it is still very powerful, certainly a regional power in the middle east.

Which makes Iran only as strong as Russia allows it to be. That's only a small part of the issue that Iran has.

edit on 4-5-2018 by Guyfriday because: added info

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Look let's put this in simple terms and assess a recent USA v Iran proxy war.

Israel v Hezbollah 2006

Kill ratio 10/1 in Israel's favour

That's the sort of kill ratio that equals victory if things go on for months. USA tech v Iranian tech wins EVERY TIME

Iran has UCAV and cool tanks.

edit on 4-5-2018 by jumanji because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well they spend more on there military than the rest of top 5 nations combined.

A total of $598.5 billion in the fiscal year of 2015.

firstly thanks for the link just installed the program cool ....
would it be nice if they used that money to sort their only country's problems out or is that just wishful thinking on my part

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jumanji

They may look nice and dandy but USA is generations ahead my friend. Those tanks will be eaten up just like Saddam's were. Sure Iran will put up a fight as their population has been mind controlled but in the end just like all the other tin pot nations that stepped out of line before Iran will be Iraqified

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

They may look nice and dandy but USA is generations ahead my friend. Those tanks will be eaten up just like Saddam's were. Sure Iran will put up a fight as their population has been mind controlled but in the end just like all the other tin pot nations that stepped out of line before Iran will be Iraqified

War is not a game. The only reason Obamacare passed was because GOP lost everything in 2008 election because of Bush's Iraq war.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: andy06shake

It's all monopoly money to me at those levels lol, I just can't see how anyone could even think of arguing that America is not the most powerful military nation in the world right now.
I'm happy enough that Britain is mates with them.

i hate to burst your bubble but Germany thought they were top dog when it comes to the military until they turned on their allies the Russian and Germany found out the hard way history shows that.
you can ask anyone person in their own country and they will say their country is number 1 and that's good.
but the only number one country is the one that does not invade another country, to me personly that would be number one

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

Good points, I agree.
Russia can easily do Britain over with missiles and the like, but in purely naval conflict I do believe we'd be the ones drinking the Rum at the end of it.
...America backing us up would help discourage any thoughts of a troop invasion.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

War is not a game.

Sure it's not. War is about killing as many people as possible to secure your goal. I showed the statistics above. USA v Iranian tech in war = 10/1 kill ratio in USA tec favour. That = USA win

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

They may look nice and dandy but the USA is generations ahead my friend. Those tanks will be eaten up just like Saddam's were. Sure Iran will put up a fight as their population has been mind controlled but in the end just like all the other tin pot nations that stepped out of line before Iran will be Iraqified

i do wish you would use a war that some country actually won instead of Iraqified its a poor example of winning
technically the war is Iraq is not finished or won, so the word Iraqified seems pretty pointless

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SATURN66
the only number one country is the one that does not invade another country, to me personly that would be number one

Agreed, in an ethical or moral consideration

But this OP is about military might if I understand correctly, and right now the US is the most powerful militarily.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join