It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can america win their first ever war with iran ??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SATURN66

I will agree that the US military has seen a lot of airframe incidents recently, that is still no reason to discredit Americas air capability. Hell we could easily bring a aged F-117 Nighthawk out of a few hangers at Tonopah and have them in flight fast enough. Not to mention our current force of B-2 that could easily wipe out power, communication and major military installations with ease.
Maybe you should try harder and keep up with military hardware. May I suggest that if you ever have a question just throw it Zaphods way. Zaphod has always answered mine and I am sure if I made a mistake on my answer he will correct.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I know where I'm putting my bets if that one goes down.
I hope it doesn't.
Iran is a beautiful land. Lot's of smart people.
It would be a shame to see it get blown to all hell.
There are many better solutions.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Totally agree Russia has a lot of tech to use if needed. But when push comes to shove, if Russia ditch the Iranians then it's all over for Iran. There is no way Iran can take on the USA. They are generations behind in tech and check out the map of USA military bases, Iran is totally surrounded right now today by USA military, the most advanced power the world has ever seen. Sure the Iranians could use a few suicide charges with their people like they did against Saddam but in the end, especially if the USA pulled off the gloves and did the job properly Iran wouldn't stand a chance. Right now they are surrounded................ It's a turkey shoot

some of that is true but russia will not have usa milatry next door, thats why russia helped trump with the NK problem, no NK threat no need to have us troops in south k or japan so, let see what happens there ??

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Is it a "gloves off" scenario ?

If it is; Iran is toast ...

If not ... it is just an economy boost.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SATURN66
lets have some fun with this...

america keeps Threatening a war with iran when they have never won a war to date??

with that in mind .

why waste billions of dollars of army equitment and thousands of lifes milatry and civilians and destroy whole citys which america will pay to rebuild afterwords just to try to win their first war in history ??
is it worth all that to try to get something you know you will never have ??
you must remeber you are the youngest country in this battle, that you belittle other countrys that will not support this, just remeber the countrys you belittle are alot older and wisser when it comes to war, so they are not so eager to indulge your fantasy of getting your first war victory....

NOW LET THE BATTLE OF WORDS BEGIN

Hey look, an anti American thread with no substance.

OP, please will you define to "win a war".

Please explain what it means to you in the context you are presenting us with.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I will agree that the US military has seen a lot of airframe incidents recently, that is still no reason to discredit Americas air capability. Hell we could easily bring a aged F-117 Nighthawk out of a few hangers at Tonopah and have them in flight fast enough. Not to mention our current force of B-2 that could easily wipe out power, communication and major military installations with ease.
Maybe you should try harder and keep up with military hardware. May I suggest that if you ever have a question just throw it Zaphods way. Zaphod has always answered mine and I am sure if I made a mistake on my answer he will correct.

do you think russia would give iran its best equitment ?? you mentioned airframe what happened to the aircraft carrier in broad daylight hitting a cargo ship and they sacked the us captain??
dont forget russia supplys all rockets and spare parts for the space station becouse usa shut down the space flight due to faulty air craft ??
you must admit in the past couple of months you have lost millions of dollars in faulty hardware and life??

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

lets have some fun with this...

america keeps Threatening a war with iran when they have never won a war to date??

with that in mind .

why waste billions of dollars of army equitment and thousands of lifes milatry and civilians and destroy whole citys which america will pay to rebuild afterwords just to try to win their first war in history ??
is it worth all that to try to get something you know you will never have ??
you must remeber you are the youngest country in this battle, that you belittle other countrys that will not support this, just remeber the countrys you belittle are alot older and wisser when it comes to war, so they are not so eager to indulge your fantasy of getting your first war victory....

NOW LET THE BATTLE OF WORDS BEGIN

Hey look, an anti American thread with no substance.

OP, please will you define to "win a war".

Please explain what it means to you in the context you are presenting us with.

where dose it say anti america?? is that a false flag lol
to win a war you secure the land you attack and rebuild the structer so it can be self reliant and then leave to let them frive,
oh hows the wars in iraq/libya/somalia/afganistan and a few others you wont own up to, come on guys all those counntrys have bows and arrows compared to your techs ?? russia left afganistan after 10 years becouse they could not win, how long has usa been in afganistan 20 years plus and you still no where apart from billions in dept half you weaponry depleted and thousounds of dead troops, who was the wisser older country ??

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Is it a "gloves off" scenario ?

If it is; Iran is toast ...

If not ... it is just an economy boost.

lol good point

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Can the OP use correct spelling and grammar for the first time ever?

LET THE BATTLE OF WORDS BEGIN

if you can sujest a spell checker that work with chrome please let me know becouse i have loaded all of them and they dont seem to work??

and as for my spelling yep i cant spell, i would say the corect word for this but guess what i cant spell it

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Define "win a war".
The military might of the US could collapse the Iranian government in under a week with conventional weapons and cyberwarfare. 100%. Nothing short of a full declaration of war against Nato by russian and direct hostilities could stop that. Sorry but that is a fact.

Sustaining all the stuff that comes after that? Thats another case entirely. One i dont think the american people have the will for. The middle east would likely turn into one giant sunni vs #e bloodbathe.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
Define "win a war".
The military might of the US could collapse the Iranian government in under a week with conventional weapons and cyberwarfare. 100%. Nothing short of a full declaration of war against Nato by russian and direct hostilities could stop that. Sorry but that is a fact.

Sustaining all the stuff that comes after that? Thats another case entirely. One i dont think the american people have the will for. The middle east would likely turn into one giant sunni vs #e bloodbathe.

i go back to the last posts if that were true and the us milatry machine was so over welming why you still bogged down in those inferier countrys??

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Had the US not entered in the war in Europe during WWII, I wonder how it would have ended for England.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Define "win a war".

i go back to the last posts if that were true and the us milatry machine was so over welming why you still bogged down in those inferier countrys??

Because thats asymmetrical warfare against a decentralized opponent. Its a near impossible task made more impossible when you have the worlds spotlight shone on you. So would the US be able to occupy and hold Iran? It is very highly unlikely. It would be foolish even to try.
But could it strike key targets of government, military, and infrastructure with a series of dynamic missle strikes and bombing runs that leave the country in anarchy at little risk? Definitely
After that, the surrounding sunni countries would probably take advantage of this and where it leads is anyone's guess. War. Maybe genocide. And violence would continue until some party was able to prop up a new government, one more to everyones liking.
And i really doubt russia would stick its neck out that far for Iran. Oh they would stomp their feet and huff and puff in the UN. And russian weapons would flow into Iran. But no one would care. It is more likely that russia would use the opportunity to push its intrests in other areas instead. Expand its borders. Like what happened with Georgia in 2008 while the Us was busy with Iraq. Or Ukraine.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

The answer to that question is politics and greed.

If given free reign to conduct war on an opponent the US military is unstoppable. It's too big, well trained and equipped to defeat.

But luckily, we have a Constitution that makes the military answerable to the people (for the most part)

Unfortunately that gives us results like Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan where the public is manipulated enough to allow sustained conflict but not enough to allow the military to use the necessary force to end the conflict.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Had the US not entered in the war in Europe during WWII, I wonder how it would have ended for England.

We would have been fine in our island fortress and Empire to back us up. Rest of Europe................. Speaking Russian as a first language by now

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I will admit that we have lost millions recently but we always loose money in accidents. In regards to the ISS I have not looked into that specific aspect. But America loosing a aircraft carrier does not mean we lost our air supremacy. I will say that Iran has a very capable military, but it can not with stand the might of the strongest military this planet has ever seen. And I would also like to add that I am talking about a war between two nations. Russia is not stupid. The S-300 is a very capable air defense. Though In all that I have read the S-300 could not stop the US in its full capabilities.
The situation that you are asking about is a laughable one. Iran would loose clear as day. I would not condone such an a war but if that where to transpire I would not back it.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Define "win a war".

Because the US has prescence... it’s a base. They do it all around the world. Plus the money to be made by the MIC.

Can you also explain how you claim Russia helped Trump in NK?

Thanks

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Define "win a war".

Also, like others have posted, the rules of engagement hold our military back from winning wars in under a week to decades. Look them up sometime, like the ones in Vietnam.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

iam glad you brought that up..

1. russia was our main allie when germany turned on them so 75% of the donkey work was done by the russians fact.
2. usa only got into the war 2/3 years before the war had ended so in theory the western aliance had done all the work .
3. usa supplied all raw materials to the german war machine until they joined the fight FACT.
4.russia got 75% of the german scientist and usa only grab 20% thats one of the reasons they hate the russians FACT
5.usa got its ass kicked by a little island called japan and they returned the favor by dropping 2 H bombs on them killing tens of thousand women and children when they already said they were gonna surrender.
6. we have never said england won the war but we have said the allance won the war FACT
7. records show that usa supplied the reconace for the omaha beach landing how did that work out for you
8. britain supplied 80% of the boats to help bring all troops of the alliance back to safty were was usa?? oh yea looking for nazi tresures

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

Define "win a war".

Also, like others have posted, the rules of engagement hold our military back from winning wars in under a week to decades. Look them up sometime, like the ones in Vietnam.

usa dont have or use rules of engagment theres plenty of facts on that one...

and stop with the win in a week crap you know that will never happen even if your country is around for another 245 years,
notice its only your country says that and actully beleaves it the rest of the world dont

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join