It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rudy Giuliani Admits Trump Repaid Cohen

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You know, in a perfect world, he'd have stepped up and said the following:
"I may have had sex with her, don't really recall... I've bedded a lot of women over the years, big numbers, big numbers, some I remember. The ones who were average or sub par, not so much. So I don't know if I did her or not, not good sex if I did. Michael and I go way back. I trust him, he trusts me, and I've paid him a lot of money, big dollars, over the years to handle some of my business and activity. I write him a check when he sends me a bill, time is money and my time is a lot of money, a lot more than $130,000."
mic drop and walk off. He'd have not lost support and he'd have likely caused a number of (needed) suicides via skull implosions had he done so. He chose a different route, lying to a reporter. As I've already said, I see no reason for any honesty standards to be applied in anyone's dealings with the media because they are, by their very nature, a den of dishonest thieves. It's little different than telling some beggar "sorry, don't have any change" when they hit you up for some money to buy a bottle outside the store... it's lying to someone who you have no reason, no benefit, and no obligation to be honest or truthful with. It's the epitome of a throw away "lie."

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
People have jobs.

The economy is coming back.

I don't give freshly dipped Havana who anyone sleeps with.

I don't either. It's the lyin that matters. Remember what they did to slick willy for lyin. Is Trump above the law?

link   
Trump reimbursed him through his retainer. Might not have known what he was using it for.

When you have a lawyer on retainer, I hope he doesn't need to run to you for every little thing.

Doesn't break any CF rules.

And then?

I think they should start giving congress the documents they have been asking for.

Unredacted.

Instead of this BS.

edit on 5 2 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

link   
Just proof that Trump supporters will support him no matter what. They're saying "he didn't break any campaign finance laws because he paid through a retainer".

Then why did he go to such huge lengths to keep this quiet? Why deny it for months and months on end, only for your own lawyer to admit that it's true. It took Giuliani two weeks to find a way to make this legal then go on Hannity to explain it. What took so damn long? Why talk about it tonight? Was a story about to break on it ?

If this had of been Obama, they'd have been calling for his resignation and impeachment within 10 minutes of that interview.

But hey, for some reason, Donald Trump seems to be the new "Teflon Don". Nothing seems to stick. Other world leaders would have been bought down through any one of dozens of scandals by now.

Starting with 3500 mentions in 11,000 Panama Papers mentions, which he just shrugged off without explanation.

At least one world leader resigned for a lot less mentions, and it could be argued that it contributed to the downfall of David Cameron, too.
edit on 2-5-2018 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If Trump would have already been the president when the payment was made then could that money have legally came from the shady-shush-slush-fund?

So long as it wasn't campaign funds then I don't really care. Honestly, if I were in his shoes then I'd lie to the press about nearly everything. Get them back in the habit of verifying things instead of just printing everything they hear like unquestionable truth.

Still, it's not cool. But leaders of nations rarely are.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Really? The burden of proof is now with the accused? Amazing!

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Yes, if donald trump is having Giuliani claim this was all above board (despite lying about it for months) then burden of proof is on him to show this,

Quite frankly, he has zero credibility with the American people and with the rest of the world.

No one takes his word about anything, as he lies so much and changes position so often. Until he shows a bank statement showing the transfer, I call BULL#.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It's ok for politicians to lie, cover things up, and pay hush money because...they all do it. We just have to find the one that does it the least?

And Trump is the current champion of the "least-lying, better of the evils"?

HA!

Man, we need to do things differently in this country.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

No..just no. That's not how it works at all. If Mueller believes Team Trump misused funds HE MUST OFFER PROOF. Team Trump is under no obligation to prove anything.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: DBCowboy

I wonder if we'll ever hear of Melania's beaus.

Who knows? I'm not sure he cares, honestly. I don't think he's married to her because they're soul mates or anything. He's from a world where a model wife is a status symbol needed to properly cut the right deals. She gets to be crazy rich, has a child who they both clearly adore, and lives like royalty and he gets the beautiful trophy wife that his business partners envy him for. It's part of the game, I imagine.

Look, I'm a happily married man of 15 years. No infidelity, dote on my wife as if she hung the stars, so I'm looking at this purely through the eyes of a common joe. Aside from Truman (who by all accounts was wildly in love with his wife Bess), Nixon, and Jimmy Carter, I think every POTUS has been at least rumored to have had affairs and mistresses. One is hard pressed to find a politician who has definitely been faithful to their spouse. I honestly don't see why so many people who sing the political praises of JFK and Bill Clinton also are strikingly indignant where Trump and fidelity are concerned.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

As a Congressman pointed out tonight, Obama's lies were bigger, and hurt far more people, than all lies President Trump has told, combined.

You won't find any intelligent person who'd disagree with that statement.
edit on 5/2/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I wonder what will be Giuliani's fate now that he has spilled the beans?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Why deny it for months and months on end, only for your own lawyer to admit that it's true.

Ever hear of playing with your food? The man took a non-issue and quagmired the media and the independent counselor on it for months. At the end of the day, it's yet another "so-what?" moment that discount Robert Stack wasted a lot of tax payer dollars on with no payoff at the end. Eventually even Democrats in Congress will grow weary of this never ending witch hunt's price tag and it will end.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

This is where you utterly fail.

With Obama, the criticism was with his POLICIES.

His POLICIES SUCKED!

He was weak with foreign relations, he was weak on the economy, he wanted higher taxes and socialized medicine.

Trump lowered my taxes, may even end the ####ing Korean war, has improved the economy, and lowered unemployment.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I see it from a similar view. I would choose my fiance over anything material without a thought.

The idea may be a solid one, however in practice, as history shows, is not equally so.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Quite frankly, he has zero credibility with the American people and with the rest of the world.

HOLY HELL YOU HAVE ARRIVED!!!!
Ladies and gentlemen, I, I, I... my hands are shaking with this announcement. OMG, this is huge. The... breathe burd, breathe. OK... Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present to you the official spokesperson of the people of Earth.

Seriously? Didn't we have enough of one person trying to give their personal opinion credibility by using the worn out "the American people think..." crap during the 8 years of Obama running it into the mud?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Have you thought that maybe this was by design?

No proof, just a theory.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Rudy is no slouch as a lawyer. Regardless of what your personal feelings about him are, he's an exceptional criminal lawyer. Maybe Mueller has a surprise waiting for him?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Rudy's smarter than to have made this statement without prior discussion with all relevant parties.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So you justify more sleazy lies of Trump
nothing new

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join