It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rudy Giuliani Admits Trump Repaid Cohen

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I have yet to hear a Democrat talk about whether it was his intent to violate the law ....

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

NYT ain't the cfr

The payment was not a contribution

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Wayfarer

I posted this elsewhere it applies here as well,

TITLE 52—VOTING AND ELECTIONS Subtitle III—Federal Campaign Finance CHAPTER 301—FEDERAL ELECTION CAMPAIGNS SUBCHAPTER I—DISCLOSURE OF FEDERAL CAMPAIGN FUNDS § 30101.
Definitions When used in this Act
(8)(A) The term ‘‘contribution’’ includes—
(B) The term ‘‘contribution’’ does not include—
(xiv) any loan of money derived from an advance on a candidate’s brokerage account, credit card, home equity line of credit, or other line of credit available to the candidate, if such loan is made in accordance with applicable law and under commercially reasonable terms and if the person making such loan makes loans derived from an advance on the candidate’s brokerage account, credit card, home equity line of credit, or other line of credit in the normal course of the person’s business.

The daniels repayment from trump to cohen was a loan from cohen to trump in the normal course of the persons business and not included in the definition of contribution in the CFR. Sorry the talking heads on tv dont tell people this, all you get from them is "it may be a violation". Well the cfr says it is not.

Bump for the MSM watchers

TITLE 52—VOTING AND ELECTIONS Subtitle III—Federal Campaign Finance CHAPTER 301—FEDERAL ELECTION CAMPAIGNS SUBCHAPTER I—DISCLOSURE OF FEDERAL CAMPAIGN FUNDS § 30101.
Definitions When used in this Act
(8)(A) The term ‘‘contribution’’ includes—
(B) The term ‘‘contribution’’ does not include—
(xiv) any loan of money derived from an advance on a candidate’s brokerage account, credit card, home equity line of credit, or other line of credit available to the candidate, if such loan is made in accordance with applicable law and under commercially reasonable terms and if the person making such loan makes loans derived from an advance on the candidate’s brokerage account, credit card, home equity line of credit, or other line of credit in the normal course of the person’s business.

edit on 5/5/2018 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Buttcheeks muffle the words...

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: shooterbrody

Ok. You'll see.

It's been nearly 2 years... when are we going to see something?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The president has said that he would view any investigation into his finances or those of his family as a "violation" is a potential travesty of justice!!!

Trump Is Said To Have Known Of Payment To Stormy Daniels Months Before He Denied It

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Another NYT hit piece trying to form opinions for liberals rather than present simply facts. Keep those liberal hopes alive a bit longer, this case is a non-starter and will never see a court room because it's an impossible win.

EVERYONE should see this investigation as a travesty. It's completely unconstitutional. You can not investigate a person to find a crime. You can not shine a light on someone looking for anything you can find to hurt them. We have Constitutional protections against that. Are you saying making Trump look bad is worth throwing that away?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

She is partially right...we will see her served more crow

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I think that's exactly what he is saying. For some reason, it appears that a large segment of the population has decided they prefer King Mueller. That's not a slam; it's essentially how he is acting. A President must follow Constitutional mandates, while a King does not. A President faces election by the people; a King does not because he is appointed. Mueller was never elected to any office, and has already indicated he does not care about Constitutional restrictions on his power.

It's so ironic where we have found ourselves. In my day, the problem with the police was that some of them would plant evidence to create a crime where none existed (or at least where none could be proven). Today we regularly see stories where people are killed by out-of-control police for minor (and in some cases, for no) violations of law. Planting evidence was the exact same thing Mueller is doing... it was an attempt to get some charge on a person because the police believed in their heart that the person was guilty of something regardless of what the law said. How long before the government now moves to simply executing people without a trial?

The evidence planting and aggressive misuse of force was/is supported by a police department that self-investigates and hides the details of the investigation from the public. Mueller's investigation has been anything but transparent, with no details made available to the public and details even kept secret from the institutions that have full Constitutional authority to see them, i.e. the Congress and now judges in the prosecution cases. National security is a vital part of government and must be respected, but it does not override Constitutional requirements for transparency. Mueller should have been shut down (at least temporarily) the moment the first request by Congress for documentation was denied/delayed.

At this point, Mueller should be immediately shut down and a Congressional investigation into both he and Rosenstein should be started with the goal of impeachment of Rosenstein if warranted. This is indeed a 'witch hunt,' and a poor excuse for one at that. They have Hillary if a witch hunt is desired.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Rudy Giuliani Admits Trump Repaid Cohen

Giuliani on "this week" just melted down and dug that hole a lot deeper. What a dork...The perfect LAWYER to defend trump.
edit on 6-5-2018 by olaru12 because: att. QVL

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yawn, repayment is a non issue.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Yeah, a total dork! He should know it's totally illegal to pay a lawyer!

Wait, what....?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Yawn, repayment is a non issue.

Yawn? The WH is in chaos. Jared and Ivanka have bailed or been disposed of as Giuliani said....

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I dislike Giuliani with a passion...ever since he was major of New York city, when he ordered the NYPD do mandatory strip searches of any police suspects.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

So nothing criminal. Thought so, bye.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I think that's exactly what he is saying. For some reason, it appears that a large segment of the population has decided they prefer King Mueller. That's not a slam; it's essentially how he is acting. A President must follow Constitutional mandates, while a King does not. A President faces election by the people; a King does not because he is appointed. Mueller was never elected to any office, and has already indicated he does not care about Constitutional restrictions on his power.

It's so ironic where we have found ourselves. In my day, the problem with the police was that some of them would plant evidence to create a crime where none existed (or at least where none could be proven). Today we regularly see stories where people are killed by out-of-control police for minor (and in some cases, for no) violations of law. Planting evidence was the exact same thing Mueller is doing... it was an attempt to get some charge on a person because the police believed in their heart that the person was guilty of something regardless of what the law said. How long before the government now moves to simply executing people without a trial?

The evidence planting and aggressive misuse of force was/is supported by a police department that self-investigates and hides the details of the investigation from the public. Mueller's investigation has been anything but transparent, with no details made available to the public and details even kept secret from the institutions that have full Constitutional authority to see them, i.e. the Congress and now judges in the prosecution cases. National security is a vital part of government and must be respected, but it does not override Constitutional requirements for transparency. Mueller should have been shut down (at least temporarily) the moment the first request by Congress for documentation was denied/delayed.

At this point, Mueller should be immediately shut down and a Congressional investigation into both he and Rosenstein should be started with the goal of impeachment of Rosenstein if warranted. This is indeed a 'witch hunt,' and a poor excuse for one at that. They have Hillary if a witch hunt is desired.

TheRedneck

Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein, who oversees the Muellar probe, vowed this week that "the Department of Justice is not going to be extorted" by Republican House members who threaten to impeach him. It was revealed that Muellar has warned that he can serve the president with a Grand Jury subpoena if Trump does not agree to a voluntary interview.

excerpt quote: Washington Post - Eugene Robinson - 2 days ago - "A Sour Smell of Panic in the White House as the Law Closes In"

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Sorry, Mueller is bluffing and was just reprimanded by a judge. So why is it you are willing to give away your Constitutional freedoms to embarrass Trump?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

So nothing criminal. Thought so, bye.

We shall see....

Cohen spilled the beans already and Giuliani is just being the media shill...and failed. He revealed more than the was supposed to. Even Fox was shocked.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

there is nothing to see, assuming Giuliani is 100% right in what he said NO LAW IS BROKEN. I think the Cohen case is more likely to get tossed out for overreach by Mueller.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

there is nothing to see, assuming Giuliani is 100% right in what he said NO LAW IS BROKEN. I think the Cohen case is more likely to get tossed out for overreach by Mueller.

There's plenty to see and Mueller is going after Trump on RICO indictments. just my opinion. I love this reality show continuation of Trumps!!

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join