It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Wins The Release of All U.S. Prisoners in North Korea.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Trumps intelligence services probably found that no nuke capabilities in truth were non existent because they had an accident and they told Kim behind closed doors hey we know you don't have nukes but we will not shame you by telling everyone you blowing smoke come to table and let's see what we can do for you and your PEOPLE and the people of the Korean peninsula because you 2 countries are literal brothers and sisters what can be done to peacefully reconcil.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: Meniscus
a reply to: strongfp

I think you may be missing the fact that Trump has met with the leaders of each country you mentioned.

Yea. And?

So has pretty much every leader of every nation within the last few years or year.

The bottom line is Trump did no make the final decision and should not be given the credit he deserves. Both Korean leaders made the final decision.
Also, I am pretty sure China played a MUCH bigger role than Trump did considering they now control their own Oil dollar and are the largest importer of coal from NK. All Trump wanted was a piece of the coal pie and to not lose complete control of the petro dollar to China.
It doesn't take a genius to follow news, and global events.
The only role Trump played was the fact he has the biggest military behind his words, nothing more. Once again, not Trump but rather the United states of America's military industrial complex flexing, Trump was just the 'guy' to pull the trigger.

And yet Bwak! Obama wasn't able to accomplish this with the same military strength was he?

Accomplish what exactly?

Why exactly do you think Kim is engaging?
Do you think he is suddenly afraid of the USA?
Do you think he has had revelation and wants to abdicate his cult of dictatorship?
Curious as to what you think is going on here.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

The US declares most of NK launches a failure. Nothing new there. Kim doesn't care.

Kim and his father before him have enjoyed God-Dictator status in NK for generations. It is premised on the West being evil.

What do you think he is looking to win here?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

A) Kim legitimizes his international status. He secures his place as ruler of North Korea both at home and abroad.
B) Gets some if not all sanctions lifted
C) In opening up peace talks with South Korea, he is asking for US Troop withdrawal.
D) He will never, ever, ever give up his Nuclear Capacity.

Russia is already talking about an energy corridor piped through North Korea to South Korea.

www.politico.eu...

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Awfully quiet in this thread. Pretty tough to shill against this news.

Wear dark clothes today people, leftist heads will be exploding everywhere and dark clothes helps to hide the splatter.

Why do people assume that whenever there is good news, people who don't care for Trump as a President are going to be upset about it? Is it secretly your desire maybe, that "leftists" are angry?

Prisoners being released is great news. Not sure how much Trump had to do with it. It's part and parcel to Kim moving towards peace, probably greatly influenced by "nuclear mountain" caving in. I'll give Trump credit if we find he was actually responsible.. it's funny how quickly his supporters take credit for things that happens during Trump's reign, whether he was responsible or it or not.

Almost as funny as Trump commenting how the prisoners could not get released during Obama's tenure.. apparently oblivious that 2 of the 3 were taken prisoner during his own Presidency. He, like his followers, is quick to take credit for things that are his doing or not.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Yes. Lets just forget all the other political influences around the world that probably played much heavier hand in this situation than Trump did... China, Japan, perhaps?

You're just a poor and simple hater that can't give credit where credit is do. If it wasn't for Trump, this wouldn't have happened. Everyone knows that, some won't admit it.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
This is a very good win, sorry Otto, wish Trump was President then, he would have gotten you out sooner, but Obummer only cares about himself, RIP.

If Otto was black he'd have been out the very first day. Obama was a racist and it was very clear by his actions.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
That Bastard!!!

2nd line

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

It's just that the good he does (ending the 60+ year war in Korea)
is about a trillion times more than the bad things he does
(he said a bad word, while in private, with no women or children around, during an adult conversation... but a sneaky weasel recorded it and shared with the world. Bad Trump! He will try harder to pleasure your sense of moral righteousness the next time he is in private, with no women or children around, having an adult conversation).

It is funny how a comedian/entertainer can say bad words/statements for decades making big bucks while the left laugh their asses off and Trump says anything and it is trigger moment.. Even if it was something a decade(s) ago. I'm not sure if the left know that Hillary throws the F bomb around worst than a drunken sailor and Obama was just a little better, but still the left act like a 6 year old hearing their father curse for the first time when it comes to Trump.

You have said the key point that everyone conveniently ignores... a 60 year war is coming to an end... How many leaders have failed in the past...I guess it all lucky timing then for Trump.

It also must have been timing that the French worked hand and hand with us in a military action for the first time since maybe the war of 1812...lol

The timing for China and Trump to hit it off while putting great leverage on them to move away from NK support, the timing of approved and greater actionable sections that truly crippled NK too....all lucky timing I guess...would of happened with or without Trump anyways...right...

edit on 3-5-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

a reply to: strongfp

The bottom line is Trump did no make the final decision and should not be given the credit he deserves.

Well, as long as you feel he DOES deserve it, then I am sure everyone is fine with you NOT giving him the credit he deserves.

I have to ask, WHY do you think he shouldn't get the credit he deserves (you said it, I didn't) - are your feelings hurt, is that why?

Dorian Soran

edit on 3-5-2018 by DorianSoran because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

The thing you bring up about the Nork nuke proving grounds having apparently taken massive amounts of damage... It concerns me greatly.

This really does have the smell of something having gone HORRIBLY WRONG!

You'd think that the Chicoms would be disassembling or at least slowing down work on some of the preps we're hearing about at the border. You know, the ones that sound like China is still prepping to receive and house a massive influx of refugees...

If I had the resources or knew how to find the information on major medical supply and medication buys, I'm almost positive I'd find worrisome amounts of certain drugs etc Asia bound.

I don't know that anyone outside of the Chinese communist party, certain people in South Korea, and the North Koreans themselves really know what kind of buzzsaw they walked themselves into, but it's likely bad.

This said though, our recon assets very definitely knew something bad had happened almost right away even if they didn't know the magnitude, and Trump should very much get credit for knowing that now was the time to push!

We will bury you in the rubble and make sure you die with your already doomed citizens may be a very ugly thing to even consider saying, but when you're dealing with people that human lives other than their own mean less than nothing to... Sometimes it's the only thing you can use.

Having the courage strength and determination to be cruel in a situation where human nature and everything else in you is screaming not to, that's what leaders are supposed to be paid to do!

For the first time in a long time we had a Western leader DO HIS JOB!

If that's not good enough for you, literally nothing will be.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well i expected Kim to go trough all of that years ago, now Trump it is.. May be that Trump actually has more common sense than the MSM advertises; as for Kim, i believe he liked what he saw back in his youth with the exception of the nearest - he is not a dumb fat kid at all

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Sounds like they are still pawns in a negotiation that Kim Yong-Il is excited about. He knows Trump is desperate for a win.

I'm sure Kim Jong-Il is extremely excited about this along with his million maggot army in his grave...

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Not sure how much Trump had to do with it. 

And the denial runs rampant...

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Awfully quiet in this thread. Pretty tough to shill against this news.

Wear dark clothes today people, leftist heads will be exploding everywhere and dark clothes helps to hide the splatter.

Why do people assume that whenever there is good news, people who don't care for Trump as a President are going to be upset about it? Is it secretly your desire maybe, that "leftists" are angry?

Prisoners being released is great news. Not sure how much Trump had to do with it. It's part and parcel to Kim moving towards peace, probably greatly influenced by "nuclear mountain" caving in. I'll give Trump credit if we find he was actually responsible.. it's funny how quickly his supporters take credit for things that happens during Trump's reign, whether he was responsible or it or not.

Almost as funny as Trump commenting how the prisoners could not get released during Obama's tenure.. apparently oblivious that 2 of the 3 were taken prisoner during his own Presidency. He, like his followers, is quick to take credit for things that are his doing or not.

Well we have 18 months of idiot leftists and their screeching as a baseline don't we? By leftist I mean leftist, not liberal.

S.Koreas leader gives credit to Trump and says he deserves the Nobel (I don't agree as nothing has really happened yet) Prize. Armchair diplomats basically say that the leader of SK doesn't know what he's talking about and that they in their educated opinion know so much more than the leader of SK and decide that Trump has had nothing to do with thawing of tensions.

Pompeo goes to NK, meets with Kim and within a week NK starts prepping prisoners for release. Meanwhile back home all the armchair diplomats screech and wail that Trump is an idiot and had nothing to do with it. Loudly proclaiming that the prisoner release has nothing to with Trump and in fact is because of behind the scenes work by China, the Koreas, Japan. Or maybe Germany and Mongolia. No one knows for sure but the one thing they do know without any doubt at all is that idiot Trump had nothing to do with it

Good economy- Nothing to do with Trump, it's all Obama. Despite that being contradicted by most economists and others with far more knowledge than the internet experts.

And on and on and on. According to leftist mongs Trump hasn't accomplished anything despite being told by people with intimate knowledge of these situations stating otherwise

If Trump cured cancer the idiots on the left would fill the streets and riot because of all the doctors and nurses that will lose their jobs because of it.

Trump is doing an amazing job and when Mueller wraps up his sham investigation with nothing to show for it he's going to do even better.

Criticize Trump all you want. And if they are valid I'd have nothing to say. But when the idiots here proclaim that Trump has zero to do with what's happening in Korea despite the SK President saying the exact opposite, ya I'll have something say because idiocy needs to be confronted and kicked in the teeth.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGOAT

Yes. Lets just forget all the other political influences around the world that probably played much heavier hand in this situation than Trump did... China, Japan, perhaps?

You're just a poor and simple hater that can't give credit where credit is do. If it wasn't for Trump, this wouldn't have happened. Everyone knows that, some won't admit it.

Ugh. Figure it out man! It wasn't Trump, all of this is being pushed by Mongolia and Liechtenstein with help from New Zealand.

C'mon man! I don't care what the SK President says! I know better and I've clearly decided from reading 4 articles and watching a video at HuffPo that Trump didn't do squat.

I think it's great that Japan and China negotiated for the release of American prisoners. And I know for a FACT that has nothing to do with Pompeo being there last week.

Trump is just lucky that's all. It's quite obvious that this was all going to happen anyway and Trump just fluked out by being president right now.

/sarc

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie
a reply to: Scrubdog

The thing you bring up about the Nork nuke proving grounds having apparently taken massive amounts of damage... It concerns me greatly.

This really does have the smell of something having gone HORRIBLY WRONG!

You'd think that the Chicoms would be disassembling or at least slowing down work on some of the preps we're hearing about at the border. You know, the ones that sound like China is still prepping to receive and house a massive influx of refugees...

If I had the resources or knew how to find the information on major medical supply and medication buys, I'm almost positive I'd find worrisome amounts of certain drugs etc Asia bound.

I don't know that anyone outside of the Chinese communist party, certain people in South Korea, and the North Koreans themselves really know what kind of buzzsaw they walked themselves into, but it's likely bad.

This said though, our recon assets very definitely knew something bad had happened almost right away even if they didn't know the magnitude, and Trump should very much get credit for knowing that now was the time to push!

We will bury you in the rubble and make sure you die with your already doomed citizens may be a very ugly thing to even consider saying, but when you're dealing with people that human lives other than their own mean less than nothing to... Sometimes it's the only thing you can use.

Having the courage strength and determination to be cruel in a situation where human nature and everything else in you is screaming not to, that's what leaders are supposed to be paid to do!

For the first time in a long time we had a Western leader DO HIS JOB!

If that's not good enough for you, literally nothing will be.

For all we know Kim is coming to the table because the American military flattened their nuclear site. We have no idea, the claim was an earthquake wasn't it?

What if it wasn't? Maybe the Koreans were introduced to new generation missle/bomb and realized that they have no cards left when the US can hit their sites with impunity no matter how deep it was.

For all we know it was a strike using Rods From God.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Just heard that 2 of the 3 prisoners were taken during the Trump administration.

Sounds like Kim gathered some pawns for this strategy.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Something smells fishy with this NK deal wonder what kind of deal/money is being offered to KIM .

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Think North Korea is allegedly sitting on top of some rare earth element deposits that American corporations could be interested in acquiring the mining rights to.

Look how well the South has prospered through? There are vast sums of monies and profit to be had helping to build up the nations infostructure.

Do they have a centralized bank? Because the will sooner or later, that's a given. LoL

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join