It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Wins The Release of All U.S. Prisoners in North Korea.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
May 2, 2018

Another sign that President Trump is making not only the United States, but the WORLD a better place!

North Korea has released three US citizens detained there, the Financial Times reported Wednesday, citing a South Korean activist who campaigns for the release of detainees.

The releases would meet some of the US's demands for North Korea to demonstrate sincerity before a historic meeting between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un — something that John Bolton, Trump's hawkish national security adviser, reiterated during an interview on Fox News on Sunday.

The three citizens— Kim Dong-chul, Kim Sang-duk, and Kim Hak-song — have been released from a labor camp and given health treatment and ideological education in Pyongyang, the Financial Times report said.
Source: www.businessinsider.com...

How is it that a life-long businessman (aka "A non-politician") can accomplish so much at home, and globally, in just over one year as U.S. President?

Amazing...Absolutely AMAZING! Thank-you Mr. President.

-CareWeMust

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes. Lets just forget all the other political influences around the world that probably played much heavier hand in this situation than Trump did... China, Japan, perhaps?

+23 more 
posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If true,

I think people need to start giving credit where credit is due.

None of this would have happened if Clinton had of won the election.

Trump came in with heavy words and a large stick.. he stood up to Korea, China, Europe and is getting results.

Nobel Peace Prize odds just got shorter

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
According to this latest Tweet from President Trump, the release isn't a "done deal" just yet.
twitter.com...

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Perhaps the "stay tuned" means to wait for his update when they are actually back in our country? Maybe they are still on the way home.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I think you may be missing the fact that Trump has met with the leaders of each country you mentioned.

+17 more 
posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I don't agree with some of his views or some of his resent actions, but a win is a win. So he has my respect for this.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meniscus

I think you may be missing the fact that Trump has met with the leaders of each country you mentioned.

Yea. And?

So has pretty much every leader of every nation within the last few years or year.

The bottom line is Trump did no make the final decision and should not be given the credit he deserves. Both Korean leaders made the final decision.
Also, I am pretty sure China played a MUCH bigger role than Trump did considering they now control their own Oil dollar and are the largest importer of coal from NK. All Trump wanted was a piece of the coal pie and to not lose complete control of the petro dollar to China.
It doesn't take a genius to follow news, and global events.
The only role Trump played was the fact he has the biggest military behind his words, nothing more. Once again, not Trump but rather the United states of America's military industrial complex flexing, Trump was just the 'guy' to pull the trigger.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Yea. And?

So has pretty much every leader of every nation within the last few years or year.

The bottom line is Trump did no make the final decision and should not be given the credit he deserves. Both Korean leaders made the final decision.
Also, I am pretty sure China played a MUCH bigger role than Trump did considering they now control their own Oil dollar and are the largest importer of coal from NK. All Trump wanted was a piece of the coal pie and to not lose complete control of the petro dollar to China.
It doesn't take a genius to follow news, and global events.
The only role Trump played was the fact he has the biggest military behind his words, nothing more. Once again, not Trump but rather the United states of America's military industrial complex flexing, Trump was just the 'guy' to pull the trigger.

The force is strong in this one

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Is it really that far fetched for you to believe he had a positive impact?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Positive is a rather 'bold' statement. Considering he used a heavy iron fist. But when you look at it, so has every other president before him since the war went stagnant.

Here's a good question. Is it that far fetched that all of a sudden Trump is involved when the US is currently at it's weakest economic trials since it's civil war? A man voted in out of desperation for 'change' and growth. All the while Asian nations are seeming to climb the ladder rapidly more and more, and within the last year have gained so much ground; what will Trump do next?

+14 more 
posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

“Should not be given the credit he deserves”

That about sums up your post.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid

What he said

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Being crazy enough to go to war could be construed as a "positive impact," i suppose.

For the purposes of this thread, are we ignoring that scientists have concluded that the North Korean nuclear site suffered extreme damage - perhaps destroying it in the last test? Something that would certainly also explain the sudden rush to make peace with South Korea. www.ft.com...

I am perfectly fine with giving Trump credit for something positive happening anywhere. In fact, I told my progressive friends that Trump had vowed to save Medicare/Medicaid and Social Security, so we were lucky to have him (when elected) over some other Republicans.

However, I have not seen exactly what Trump has done, other than threaten to annihilate North Korea. And, while that can be effective, it isn't the type of thing that wins one Nobel Peace prizes - those go to people like Jimmy Carter and the Salt II treaty creating peace between Israel and Egypt. I will be the first to admit that Obama had done nothing to earn a Nobel Peace price, too, in case that is someone's comeback. I always thought that prize was given to the American people for getting rid of Bush/McCain and "pre-emptive war" but since one can't give it to a nation, they gave it to the leader.

Perhaps Trump has done some things I have yet to hear. I hope so. I wouldn't mind giving him credit. god knows I call out his mistakes. I just haven't heard anything.

And, no, the South Korean president stating that Trump deserves a Nobel prize counts for precisely nothing. The word is out in the international community that the way to sway entire U.S. foreign policy, the world's only super-power, is to flatter the president. So, I would think that such remarks are along the line of attempting to "favor" Trump in aid of his country.

+13 more 
posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Your Freudian slip tells it all..

"Trump ... should not be given the credit he deserves. "

Sometimes people brainwash themselves.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid

You're right. I should eat my words.
I used the wrong words and saying to convey what I was trying to say. But, it's to late to change it now. Take it as it is. I meant to say he doesn't deserve credit for what happened. Typing on my phone while chatting with people can do that.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

To say China forced Kim Jong Un into peace talks is simplification of whats going on. Trump did convince China to have the Chinese Banks stop doing business with North Korea. Which is a short term win bringing extra pressure to North Korea. But China doesn't want to see North Korea normalize relations with the US. The Chinese have used North Korea as a bargaining chip for years. Whenever North Korea did something crazy the US had to get help from China. Ofcourse that meant US concessions to China. If North Korea normalizes relations with the US it will greatly hamper China's expansion in the South China Sea and also lessen thier influence in the region.

So Trump's Speak loudly and carry a big stick diplomacy seems to have worked in this case.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
Here's a good question. Is it that far fetched that all of a sudden Trump is involved when the US is currently at it's weakest economic trials since it's civil war? A man voted in out of desperation for 'change' and growth. All the while Asian nations are seeming to climb the ladder rapidly more and more, and within the last year have gained so much ground; what will Trump do next?

Is it that far fetched? No.. After Bush 1's lies and war, Bush 2's lies and war, Obama's surrender and lies.. people were tired of ''typical politics''.. because all they saw were the rich getting richer and the poor getting shafted. None of the candidates on the podium had the balls to call it out.. none of them were putting their own money, their own skin in the game. They all made promised, all took money and all had to tow the official line.

In comes Trump, who paid for his election, who made no promises to corporate entities who bowed to no one.. people loved it.. and people voted him in!

The reason the economy is bad (not as bad as you say it is.. but bad) is because America's thirst for war. How much did Afghanistan and Iraq cost you? A trillion or 2? Then you've got your Wall St Bankers who stuck their fangs in your neck (all during Bush and Obama's time)..

The reason Asian nations are playing catch-up better and are becoming a more important player is because of technology. Technological advancements became more available, cheaper, more widespread. No longer did countries need to rely on the US , they were able to start manufacturing and being prosperous through the internet and advances in manufacturing.

It was inevitable.. The US has been the world leader in many respects since the 50's.. but the world was always going to catchup!

Can you imagine where American would be right now if Clinton was elected?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Dennis Rodman went there and had a great time. 360 dunks on Kim Jong's private bball court.

Don't all of you realize you are being mentally manipulated on a mass scale? You perceive a threat that doesn't even exist. And now suddenly someone is a hero for eradicating a non-existent threat.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
All US prisoners is three?

Still good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join