It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea releases U.S. detainees, bows to another Trump demand

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

His music is. I say that loving hiphop. Doesnt seem like a popular opinion on ATS hehe

How the man got famous is beyone me. And the stuff he said. I'd say he's a bigger looney than Kim.

Doesnt seem he's entitled to an opinion like anyone else though.But thats for another thread

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I don't think NK is comfortable being China's plus-one, if your going to be producing a lot of goods why not beable to market better.

He's played the wild card to give himself a better hand, it worked, people had to take notice. He may not be planning on changing anything except international relations, whether he knows it or not for the perception to truly change he will also have to have better relations with his people. Imo

Time will tell.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Meniscus

originally posted by: Bigburgh
I'll try a spin..🙄

China wants U.S. Forces out of the region. So they sat Kim down an ask him to give into Trumps demands. With peace in the Korea's, there won't be a need for the U.S. to have Air Bases and Navel ports per se.

Honestly I'm waiting to see if such a request will be made. Then I'll get a better picture of what's happening.

Kim Jung Un said US forces could stay in South Korea.

Kim is a literal lunatic. So let's not jump up and down and start making the man a hero.

Perhaps he is dead, in which case this all makes a lot more sense and has more hope of being true.

No he is literally not a lunatic. He correctly reasoned he was about to be killed if he did not back down. That is not the actions of a crazy man.

What do you mean he is dead? He was in front of cameras in South Korea a few days ago.
edit on 2-5-2018 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This is great news, good job Trump and anyone else who worked toward these people being freed.

edit on 5/2/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I wonder what Kim got out of it.

In this world something for nothing simply does not exist.

He gets to keep breathing air relatively free of radioactive isotopes.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

OK so Kim was threatened with being nuked as a deterrent to not use nukes.... Seems legit...

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

OK so Kim was threatened with being nuked as a deterrent to not use nukes.... Seems legit...

If he had use nukes, what do you suppose the response would have been? I mean, obviously I wasn't there, So why take my word for it?

Unless you wanna be outraged by this that bad?
edit on 3 5 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Spare the nuke spoil the Dictator.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Couple of years they wilp be back doing what they do

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Couple of years they wilp be back doing what they do

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

If he had use nukes, what do you suppose the response would have been? I mean, obviously I wasn't there, So why take my word for it?

Unless you wanna be outraged by this that bad?

Outraged!?

No , I think kimi likely can project force now ,he's no longer a soft target and as a consequence will be left alone .

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I think kimi likely can project force now

Nope.

Even China can't project force beyond its immediate area, nukes notwithstanding.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Bowing or a gesture of good will that North Korea is willing to work with us...I would not use bow to categorize the move...it's inflammatory and cheapens the act... New York times being a liberal news agency should applaud that three were released versus trying to incite more vitriol between the countries and the two parties..messed up.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Meniscus

originally posted by: Bigburgh
I'll try a spin..🙄

China wants U.S. Forces out of the region. So they sat Kim down an ask him to give into Trumps demands. With peace in the Korea's, there won't be a need for the U.S. to have Air Bases and Navel ports per se.

Honestly I'm waiting to see if such a request will be made. Then I'll get a better picture of what's happening.

Kim Jung Un said US forces could stay in South Korea.

Kim is a literal lunatic. So let's not jump up and down and start making the man a hero.

Perhaps he is dead, in which case this all makes a lot more sense and has more hope of being true.

No he is literally not a lunatic. He correctly reasoned he was about to be killed if he did not back down. That is not the actions of a crazy man.

What do you mean he is dead? He was in front of cameras in South Korea a few days ago.

He has body doubles like Sadam.

The man is in fact a psychopathic lunatic. Self preservation doesn't have anything to do with that.

Pretty sure he can live his days out in China or Russia, move to an unextraditeable country and let his people go up in dust.

The man kills his own relatives in brutal public displays, has been known to have sex with children, and let's his own starve.

Plus look at the haircut.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I think kimi likely can project force now

Nope.

Even China can't project force beyond its immediate area, nukes notwithstanding.

Perhaps I'm only postulating, as I have a hard time believing anything from our media.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
OP has mental deficiencies.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

“You let them free, we don’t stomp the f**k out of you”
Real easy.
Win win.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Something is fishy here? Trump is not a smart man and if it was as simple as threatening NK, other presidents would have done it. He is also not what you would call an alpha male who scares other men into submission, so you have to ask yourselves, what is NK up to?

It is like they are setting this idiot up for something.
edit on 5-5-2018 by heartbreakkid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I give credit when I see results. All I have heard from trumpets and deepstaters is " a source close to the matter" b.s. "there is no evidence of collusion" because the investigation is ongoing... " he's a russian puppet" no source.. "peace at last" "ww3" you guys can't even wait till something actually happens before labeling it partisan. All I know for sure is some guy said some other guy said that some other dudes might potentially be let go at some point... Stay tuned, maybe on next week's cliffhanger moment before commercial we'll find out. Both sides are three steps deep into their own narrative. I hope they are released asap. But can we hold off on the accolades and the condemnation till something actually happens??

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Something very odd about North Korea just folding so easily..

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join