It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 dollar a gallon gas coming courtesy of of the trump administration.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

OP you seem out of touch with reality. Your messiah BO called for higher gas prices. Pres. Trump is dealing with a machine and machinations set into motion, before he got into the driver seat. You're of the kind that digs a hole, then laughs when others fall into it.
You obviously don't understand what us/a "deplorable" can take.
Just thank your "science" and "acceptance" that we can strut through bull crap, because we know how to work. Nobody tells us what work is. We do it every day.... Don't push your BO savior problems on us. We knew Pres. Trump was saddling an un-busted bronc. That why we voted for him.
edit on 2-5-2018 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
What a miserably inane thread.
You really need a do over
But , first , learn just a tiny bit of US economics. Especially , what group is in charge of economics .
Hint , it IS NOT the President.
That should be sufficient to get you started down the right road.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
I suppose only the dimmest of the deplorables didn’t see this coming. I heard the [SNIP] grabber in chief saying just the other day that we are awash in oil and this is unacceptable. Funny how publucans are always powerless when we are getting fleeced by the market.

Let’s review. job creation is flat, interest rates are going up, gas prices going up, the national debt going up. The deficit is going up. You can rest assured of what’s coming next. Well unless you’re a deplorable. Hopefully the person that changes their drool catcher will attempt to explain it to them in terms they can understand. predictable as the sun rise. Wash, rinse, repeat.

money.cnn.com...

Do yourself a favor and google "why do gas prices go up in summer". It will be very revealing to you to find out that it has been happening for a long long time.

The main reason is what is referred to in laymen terms as the "summer blend", which is more expensive to make. The catalysts used in the production cost more, more are used, and the process takes longer, all of which add to the overall cost of the final product, as well as the byproducts like all the plastics and such.

This summer blend is the result of failed liberal logic imposing unreasonable restrictions and regulations on refineries. You see, it was a very sad little attempt at reducing carbon emissions based on population density. More densely populated areas were supposed to have lower emission fuels where less densely populated areas could use regular fuel. This led to states having different fuel restrictions in different areas to combat smog. The problem, of course, is that the smog just refused to follow the boundaries of the state lines. Go figure...

So, when a state like Illinois has to switch to a summer blend there may be only a handful of refineries making that blend at any given time. If one of them has a problem the supply is interrupted and can't be replaced by fuel from the refinery next door. No, it has to wait for fuel to come up from Texas because that is the nearest refinery with the right blend on hand. Of course that means the Texas production schedule is now off due to the unexpected demand from Illinois, which pushes the price increase farther down the line, and so on.

Now I know I am just a dim deplorable but since I have been designing the pilot plants the refineries use to make the gas for so many years I feel qualified to discuss it.

Lets review: unemployment is lower than it has been in years - especially among young black men (something obama claimed he would address), interest rates go up when the economy is strong, gas prices always go up in the summer, and the national debt is increasing slower than it has in the last ten years. Oh, and butt-hurt liberals still try to find reasons to complain...

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Wish we had fuel as low as $3 a gallon here in Scotland, I am currently paying £1.29/litre, which is roughly $7 to $8 per gallon, I think.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
NOPE....old buddy...my model had oil doing this I published it two years ago....

not the exact drop to 25 bucks it did in 2016 or whenever......but 60 bucks was in order just to keep the producers afloat.....it can hit 120 again.....

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Ignoring, of course, the fact that it's been even higher in the past, right? Before, yes believe it or not, before Donald Trump became President.

Just so you know, it's the market that determines gas prices. Higher the demand, and it is spring, almost summer, the higher the prices.

smh.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: wobbs62

If there's one thing American's should never complain about, it's high gas prices...in comparison to other places around the globe--or is it a disc.

As you point out, you're paying more than double what I payed this afternoon. 2.93/gal across the border in Oregon.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Perfect example for every hater right here.
This is the thread that indicates the limitless
abyss of your hate. As we see here the OPs
hate has blinded him from current economics.

Thank you OP great job!

edit on Ram50318v50201800000020 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Messiah? Sorry you have me confused with a rwnj, they are the ones who tend to make deities out of their politicians. Yeah, I talk to “CONservatives every day. It’s usually along the lines of, hold the pickle, or be sure you don’t get grease on my car seat. Things along those lines. Sometimes if there is a group of them (a stupid) tm..... I dumb I way down to sports and wiminz. Oh and I thow in a few praise Jesus for good measure. it seems to have a calming effect on them. reply to: murphy22

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

It's cute to see someone try and claim some sort of intellectual superiority without the ability to form sentences or use proper spelling etc.

Keep up the great work you're doing.

edit on 3-5-2018 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
it’s a wonder I’ve been published so many times isn’t it? Tell ya what skippy. an reply to: JinMI

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Indeed, it would be a wonder.

Incredulous even.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Gas is not going up because of Trump policies, He's pushing for more production from the domestic sources to flood the world with excess oil available...
The real cause for oil rising is the Saudi policy of making Saudi reserves (at some 280+ billion barrels proven) to be priced at $85 per barrel~~~ which reflects the cost of ongoing costs of keeping the Saudi government solvent (and keeping the Funding of Wahabbi Mosque building and religious fervor/extremism going strong)

the AramCo national oil producer is joining the public stock markets before 2019 --> don't ya know

the Arabs in Arabia are backstopping their oil resources even as the
PetroDollar goes into obscurity...that's what their (soon to be IPO'd) public traded AramCo stock is designed to do

so don't finger Trump... he ain't driving-that-train... 'MABUS' = Mohammad bin Salman ~ the ascending Saudi King ~ is engineering the whole thing

~class dismissed at 4:20 ~
edit on rd31152535059703292018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

You clearly have no idea how the oil market works. Maybe you should look into what brought prices down, why they are headed up, and summarize how Trump is to blame.

Such ignorance.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

This reminds me of the guys at work who thought Obama was doing a good job when HE got the price of gas to drop down to $2 in our area.

I had never known the President had so much influence with gas stations.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
Wish we had fuel as low as $3 a gallon here in Scotland, I am currently paying £1.29/litre, which is roughly $7 to $8 per gallon, I think.

Yep, hard to feel sympathy for Americans on this issue. Canada's prices are all over the place, but it's the same as you where I am, and on our west coast, it was sitting at about $1.60 per litre for this last week, all expected to go up, due to summer

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I don't appreciate you talking bad about god emperor trump. Youre just jealous of his dragon energy.

But oil prices aren't determined by trump its the markets and the economy is really strong right now with job creation and interest rates rising soon is because of growth

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I sure hope so I pay 3.65 a gal,3 bucks would be better

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Of course Anti-USA CNN would publish a story like this. You're playing right into their hands.

You can apply for your job with CNN here: www.cnn.com...

You really gotta love CNN; the story is about gas prices, but rather than post a picture ofa gas station with a gas price sign, they post a picture of a frowning Trump. Subliminal messaging at its best.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
On a different note, Preparation H doubled in price, are you gonna blame your untreated hemorrhoids on Trump?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join