It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 dollar a gallon gas coming courtesy of of the trump administration.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I suppose only the dimmest of the deplorables didn’t see this coming. I heard the [SNIP] grabber in chief saying just the other day that we are awash in oil and this is unacceptable. Funny how publucans are always powerless when we are getting fleeced by the market.

Let’s review. job creation is flat, interest rates are going up, gas prices going up, the national debt going up. The deficit is going up. You can rest assured of what’s coming next. Well unless you’re a deplorable. Hopefully the person that changes their drool catcher will attempt to explain it to them in terms they can understand. predictable as the sun rise. Wash, rinse, repeat.

money.cnn.com...
edit on 5/2/2018 by eriktheawful because: Removed vulgar word trying to circumnavigate

+26 more 
posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Who cares, Obama wanted $5.00 gas and higher so people wouldn't drive around enjoying their freedoms.

+32 more 
posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
I suppose only the dimmest of the deplorables didn’t see this coming. I heard the [SNIP] grabber in chief saying just the other day that we are awash in oil and this is unacceptable. Funny how publucans are always powerless when we are getting fleeced by the market.

Let’s review. job creation is flat, interest rates are going up, gas prices going up, the national debt going up. The deficit is going up. You can rest assured of what’s coming next. Well unless you’re a deplorable. Hopefully the person that changes their drool catcher will attempt to explain it to them in terms they can understand. predictable as the sun rise. Wash, rinse, repeat.

money.cnn.com...

First off, the President is not in charge of gas prices. The market is.

Secondly, job creation is nowhere near flat. Interest rates are going up BECAUSE of a stronger economy. The national debt going up will flatten out as tax revenues increase to the government, which lowering taxes historically does. All the current President has to do to beat the last one is not double the national debt... which is a pretty low bar.

Third, your bigoted hatred is flowing well today. Care for a cup of Covfvef with that?

Thank you for once again pointing out the sheer cognitive dissonance that is the left.

Now go flush your toilet and view for yourself exactly how big the blue wave of 2018 is going to be, courtesy of people such as yourselves.

edit on 2-5-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/2/2018 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You can't be taken seriously when you're so angry.

Gas prices fluctuate. I remember $4+ not too long ago.

+5 more 
posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP
nyp.st...
President Obama has a solution to the Gulf oil spill: $7-a-gallon gas

yep
that was the big Os agenda

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

OMG I love this guy today!

Pure gold!

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
In Washington State it has been above 3 dollars a gallon already since before Trump was elected.

It's a lot cheaper since Obama is Gone however. But now it's climbing again, and it's because of price fixing oil companies who are quite immoral when it comes to money and gouging consumers.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Of course Anti-USA CNN would publish a story like this. You're playing right into their hands.

You can apply for your job with CNN here: www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Yawn, I was paying over $3 while stationed in HI, several years back 😴
edit on 2-5-2018 by Arnie123 because: BBBZZZZzzzzzzz...... .... .. . . . .

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

actually interest rates are going up to reign in inflation

(if they end up going up, I have another theory on the next 2 sub prime markets about to explode)
edit on 2-5-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

money.cnn.com...

I've never seen this much spin in two lousy paragraphs.

Interest rates were going to go up no matter who was in office. Strike that. They might have stayed out the bottom if the economy had continued flat lining. Gas always goes up in the summer and a better over-all economy will drive up usage and demand.

Jobs? Can't find qualified employees that aren't stoned or illiterate. They all been scooped up. My family is involved in five different businesses and all of them are finding people very unmotivated to work, want part time schedules or otherwise unqualified for even entry level positions. Higher end position is far worse.

So whining about gas prices and interest rates. Get a fixed mortgage and not everything is just about you and your prices. Continue to have a 'nice' day.
edit on 5/2/2018 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

It's obvious that you're getting much of your information from poor sources. In March 103,000 new jobs were created, and unemployment was 4.1%.

Source: www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Lumenari

actually interest rates are going up to reign in inflation

(if they end up going up, I have another theory on the next 2 sub prime markets about to explode)

Which typically is caused by economic growth.

Inflation caused by economic growth

Typically, higher inflation is caused by strong economic growth. If Aggregate Demand (AD) in an economy expands faster than aggregate supply, we would expect to see a higher inflation rate. If demand is rising faster than supply this suggests that economic growth is higher than the long run sustainable rate of growth.

Economics Help

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
In Washington State it has been above 3 dollars a gallon already since before Trump was elected.

It's a lot cheaper since Obama is Gone however. But now it's climbing again, and it's because of price fixing oil companies who are quite immoral when it comes to money and gouging consumers.

Two other modifying factors in gas prices. It's 'turn around time'. Refineries shut down portions or even all of their production for massive servicing of pumps and the like. That drives up the prices on a local basis, as well.

Washington St. gets gouged due to the Canadian carbon tax kicking in. B.C. gas prices have reached 1.60 a liter. About 8 bucks an imperial gallon. Streams of Canucks-which always was high- are coming down for U.S. gas and the local outfits are jacking up the prices...the reprobates..
edit on 2-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
103,000 jobs in a month is fairly low compared to what job growth was, including at the end of the Obama administration.

Yes Trump has something to do with gas prices, contributing to chaos in the middle east.

Business got it's gigantic tax cut and now it's shafting us as usual.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Take the bus.

edit on 2-5-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Let’s review. job creation is flat

WHUT?
www.usatoday.com...

ADP, the large payroll processor, said Wednesday that businesses added 204,000 jobs last month, possibly signaling the government’s employment report this week will reveal a rebound in hiring after a weak showing the prior month.

Economists surveyed by Bloomberg expected ADP to count 198,000 private-sector job gains. They forecast the Labor Department on Friday will announce that 195,000 jobs were added in the public and private sectors.

In other news, ATS member 'soundguy' calls Kim Kardashian "Flat"

interest rates are going up

That's called "growth," something we failed to see very much of since 2008.

gas prices going up

Supply and demand... prices climbing indicates higher demand which happens when the economy is growing.

the national debt going up

Welcome to the past 20 years, where were you?

The deficit is going up

How many times were we told this didn't matter under the prior two administrations? WHy does it only now mean anything?

you’re a deplorable

Aww shucks, that's sweet. Thank you!

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Thanks for info

I didn't know it has gotten so bad in Canada, but have noticed the traffic from Canada coming here more.
8 bucks an imperial gallon is horrifying.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Gas prices traditionally rise in Summer here due to speculation and the amount of travel taking place.
I don't see this as a new thing let alone something to give the President sole credit for. But then again, I don't have any agenda.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I wish i was paying $3 a gallon, I'm currently paying nearly $8 here in England, you don't know how lucky you are in the u.s.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join