It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless man breaks into California governor's residence, .....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: TinfoilTP

LOL! I had to read this twice to figure out they were saying the bum sleeps in a shuttered hotel across the street. Initially I though they were saying Jerry Brown sleeps in a secured from the public hotel across the street from his mansion.

Ya, Jerry Brown could take this opportunity to practice what he preaches by pardoning this poor fellow then removing his wall around his mansion. The press would eat it up. He won't though, he will tighten security just like Trump.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
So let me try to understand this... So old Moonbeam thinks we are a bunch of racists because we don't want our country invaded by a bunch of people coming in the country against the laws that OUR GOVERNMENT CREATED, but if some poor homeless, probaby, US Citizen wants to come crash at his house he has him arrested? Bet if this guy was an illegal immigrant, oh sorry, undocumented alien he would have given him a sponge bath, a nice hot cup of cocoa, and apologized for how terrible the US has been to the world.

edit on 2-5-2018 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Such views are common in places like Beverly Hills where many rich liberals in living there call all conservatives and Trump racists while they see all brown people as poor.
edit on 5/2/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
seriously though, does anyone like Jerry Brown...

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

Apparently 60% of the voters in California do. What that says about California has been well documented multiple times...

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Apparently a majority of Californians do since they keep electing him. I mean, come on, his aura smiles and never frowns.

As far as the topic at hand goes, pure hypocrisy. Mr. Brown, tear down this wall.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Well, the first thought that came to my mind was’’ what kind of mansion would sit across the street from a ‘’shuttered hotel that is lived in by meth users.” I tried to picture what kind of elitist scum would own a mansion surrounded by that kind of neighborhood. It just didn’t make sense to me knowing a little about how elitists like to live from watching Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.

My next thought was more of a wonderment. Aren’t some mansions that governors live in owned by the state and not by the current governor? If that were the case in California, then Brown would be merely the current resident of a Governors Mansion rather than living in his own mansion.

So I looked it up and sure enough, the mansion Brown lives in is not his but rather a mansion owned by the state. In the picture supplied by that Fox article, I saw no ‘’wall’’ but rather a short ornate fence.This was confirmed by other pictures of the mansion that I could find.

So that would make your comment ‘’ wall that he has surrounding the mansion.’’,a total fabrication as it is not a wall but a fence and even then a fence that was there before Brown moved in making your allegation that ‘’he’’ has a wall surrounding the mansion.

So I kept reading. It seems that this property was built long ago when that area of Sacramento was more affluent, it being only ten blocks from the capital.
I kept reading. It seems that when Reagan was governor of that state, he decided that the governor needed a newer and bigger mansion in which to live and had one built. He lived in it for only four months when Brown won the election.
Brown however would not live in the new mansion because it was to expensive and regale so rather than living in the new governor’s mansion, he lived in a sparsely furnished apartment thinking that if the state was going to have to become more fiscally responsible, he needed to set a good example. He lived in that small apartment for two terms as governor. Eight years.

Enter the 21st century. After Reagan, no one lived in the old governors mansion for decades and it became an historical building, open for public tours and various state functions.
When Brown was again elected to the governorship, he first lived in a small loft of around 1400 square feet. That is smaller than many houses.

So Brown, moved into the governors mansion in 2016 becoming the first governor to live there since Reagan in 1967.
So, not a wall, not a personally owned mansion and not elitist as most of this entire thread likes to believe.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

his aura smiles and never frowns.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
See next post...something weird happened with this one...
edit on 3-5-2018 by BomSquad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Wasn't CA talking about putting houses in back yards for the homeless. Could be he mistook the Gov's place for one of these houses.

That was the first thought that came to my mind.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Against a wall for the country, but for a wall for himself.

Sounds about right for a California Progressive.

These are the same egomaniacs who will take away your ability to defend yourself, while having armed guards protect their family with the most effective weaponry money can buy... but that's different, see, cause they have money so they need to protect it from people like us who don't have money. Sounds fair.

I say the next prank is we have a family or two of illegal immigrants move into his house. Will he have them removed? Or will he open up his heart and home to these poor distressed people?

edit on 5/3/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/3/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The picture doesn't show the entire perimeter, but regardless, he clearly does not have "a wall surrounding the mansion".

By refusing to live in the mansion, the previous governors may not have saved much money, as it still needs to be maintained and upkept and they also had to pay for the cheaper place on top of that. They could've lived in the mansion and did so in a cost effective way... only use a few rooms, use cheaper lighting or something, sure, it might have still been technically more expensive than the alternative, but not by enough to matter...

Of course, saving money wasn't the goal, it was that moral self righteous liberal attitude trying to make the other side look bad. Should Reagan have had that built? Maybe not, but they knew they were electing a Hollywood spoiled rich boy, and what was done was done, why didn't they sell it if they needed money? Or rent it out? Did it seriously just sit there empty for years? That's like cutting off the nose to spite the face. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out they cost the state More by refusing to live there, due to administration, research, red tape, the rental and possible updating, upgrading, etc of a whole different location, security... and plus they still have to secure, maintain, repair, etc the empty mansion!

But they sure made those republicans look bad, and locked in CA as a liberal wasteland for the foreseeable future... until the Hispanics outnumber them... then you may be surprised to find out the illegal immigrants the libs have championed (along with the muslims) do not share the same values as they do... I just hope I live long enough to see that happen.

"We must respect the Mexican culture, and machismo, masculinity, manhood, etc is an important part of the culture. When a man stares at your chest (illegal Mexican immigrants in America have won the boob staring Olympics for 200 years in a row) you should feel lucky that his boner has chosen you!"

Anyway, I just wanted to say, you were right, and I am guilty of not clicking the link, so I'm sorry. And thank you for correcting the information...

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I am no Brown fan. For one he came into politics on his fathers apron strings. Brown was heavily infuenced by Eastern philosophies which he melded with a hippiesk mystique that sat well with the emerging youth generations back in those years. He has always had a knack for crafting a personal to power. As I recall, there was a moment back in 79 when he made a strong bid for the D. nomination but ended up falling short.

He made his second bid by posing as a progressive radio talk show host and commentator on a left leaning radio station for several years until he ran for mayor of Oakland which when he won, quickly dropped the radio show and seemed to abandon many of his more staunchly progressive stances, becoming more middle of the road mayor in a liberal Oakland. He is a politician.

I was glad that i had the opportunity to clarify the misconceptions of the thread in that I found it blind to the realities of that particular mansion situation. There are enough reasons to disparage Brown and indeed all politicans but to ''make up'' facts based on our own inability to consider things apart from our own biases gets out of hand sometimes. So, thanks for the thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join