It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans nominate Trump for Nobel Peace Prize

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

a reply to: hoss53

Maybe you too could explain why he shouldn't receive one?

The truth is that we have an on going war that has outlived most of the people who fought in it at the start. Numerous world leaders tried to bring an end to it and none of them were successful. Now a new guy has entered the scene got tough about the situation, and one of the sides of the conflict is saying that he should receive one. Now we have members of Congress saying the same thing. Both of you seem to be disagreeing with this, but neither of yous have stated why?

+6 more 
posted on May, 2 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm just here for the head explosions.

+6 more 
posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I still think that the prize was diminished greatly in its meaning the day they gave it to Obama for essentially nothing.

Anyway - more winning...........

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meniscus
a reply to: MiddleInsite

What did Obama do to justify a Nobel peace prize?

Married a chic that so arrogant she thinks shes the first lady forever.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53
... There's not enough stupid people on the committee for this to happen...

You're right. All the stupid ones were dismissed after awarding Obama for no reason other than he was black and president.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

This is how the "Walking Dead" started (well in my fan fic at least). People became triggered, then started to mumble to themselves about the lack of brains, but everyone could only understand the words "Brains". These triggered people couldn't sleep, eat, bath, or anything. Then on the fifth day they all smelled like rot, ate anything they could, and staggered around wondering aimlessly from point to point.

Yep, Trump receiving the Peace Prize could set that in motion. WHY WHY do I have to be so prophetic.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
"Did you hear about Bill??"

"No"

"He died"

"He what????? How???"

"He was triggered.......triggered to DEATH!!!!!"

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LairdTK2
How many new countries has this man destroyed compared to the last POTUS winner of the peace prize. Could you please make a list?? Talking a big game is not violence. If I threaten to retaliate against your offensive threats, that becomes a defensive posture.

Since Trump has taken office, there have been no new invasions of sovereign states by the USA. Only stabilization of existing flash points.

The last POTUS winner of the peace prize went on to destroy Libya, one of the most prosperous nations on the African continent. Followed by a joint venture with NATO and the GCC to destroy Syria with imported psychotic killers from around the world, followed up by a sanctioned destruction of Yemen by the GCC states lead by the KSA.

WHen I compare the two side by side and actually count the violence initiated, it is quite clear Trump is one of the most peace loving Presidents the USA has had since the end of World War 2.Even Kennedy tried to invade Cuba. Trump is technically and factually more peaceful than JFK going strictly by ordered invasions of other societies/sovereign states.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Now I love Trump as much as the next guy, but lets wait and see if he actually accomplishes peace. Even he has said he doesn't know what the outcome will be with North and South Korea. Giving him one before the job is done is almost as bad as when they handed one to Obama just because he wasn't George Bush or because he was the first black president of the US, or whatever crazy reason they gave it to him. However and by all means, if Trump brings peace to the Korean peninsula he will deserve a Nobel Peace prize. They probably won't give it to him, but he would deserve it.

I gained even more respect from him when during his rally last week the crowd was chanting Nobel, Nobel, Nobel and he chuckled and said something like "Hey, I just want to get the job done". It just tells me that he is in it for the right reasons.
edit on 2-5-2018 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Meniscus
a reply to: MiddleInsite

What did Obama do to justify a Nobel peace prize?

Married a chic that so arrogant she thinks shes the first lady forever.

No joke.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
I'm just here for the head explosions.

If it is exploding heads you seek, then we shall provide explosions of heads for you.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The salt alone would be worth it. "B-b-but he makes mean tweets!"

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Then the Nobel for Trump is just as meaningless as Obama's prize.

Don't get me wrong, if he can pull a peace deal out of the Korean peninsula, then I would think he deserved it.

But he hasn't yet.

So far, it's just talk. And the prize for just talking is a Pulitzer, or an Oscar, or an Emmy.

I say wait for results, not promises.

Political promises have as much weight and value as a Taco Bell fart.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So far, it's just talk. And the prize for just talking is a Pulitzer, or an Oscar, or an Emmy.

Or a star or flag on ATS.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I still think that the prize was diminished greatly in its meaning the day they gave it to Obama for essentially nothing.

Anyway - more winning...........

Like I've said before, once again, Trump is undoing everything Obama did.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Then the Nobel for Trump is just as meaningless as Obama's prize.

Don't get me wrong, if he can pull a peace deal out of the Korean peninsula, then I would think he deserved it.

But he hasn't yet.

I say wait for results, not promises.

Political promises have as much weight and value as a Taco Bell fart.

I agree and apologize for any trouble that may cause for you.

Obama's peace prize was completely empty and Obama even hinted at just that in his acceptance speech. The Nobel PP is a political award. It does not indicate the recipient actually did anything to bring about peace.

If it is important to people, give the PP to Trump. Doesn't affect me one way or the other. But if he did not play a huge role in pushing towards peace, it seems like nothing more than a participation award.

link   
a reply to: dug88

Trump agreed to have talks. That is more than most presidents. And against all the "experts" in the medias advice. The usual way is one side asks for talks the other side asks for concessions before you even agree to talk. Which is usually a nonstarter.

In reality we don't know everything Trump has done to facilitate these talks. Trump has met with Chinese President Xi and convinced the Chinese to not allow thier banks to do business in or with North Korea. He met with Japans Prime minister who asked Trump for help bringing japanese people kidnapped by North Korea back home to Japan. The South Korean Prime Minister was the first to say he deserves the Nobel peace prize.

It seems Trump's "Speak loudly and carry a big stick" diplomacy may be working.

link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: DBCowboy

Or a star or flag on ATS.

A star and flag are worth more.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

A little premature if you ask me. Let’s see if peace falls on the DMZ and Kimmy gives up the good firecrackers first.

Would hate to have another empty nobel peace prize given to a US President for just being president.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join