It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far should the US go for Israel??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: RAY1990

If I’m right the 7 day War was a preemptive attack.

It's the 6 Day War and yes, it was a preemptive attack by Israel which resulted in Syria and Jordan interjecting themselves. This ended up costing Syria the Golan Heights and Jordan the West Bank.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Why would I hate isreal?!?!

I don’t even know them lol..

I don’t love or hate isreal..

I don’t see what we gain from spending trillions of dollars protecting them..

If I had a magic wand I wouldn’t have allowed them to dominate a region that hates them because of that domination..

Maybe give them some place that isn’t already inhabited by millions of people???

But no I wouldn’t spend American lives so they could dominate the region. I would send troops in to protect them if there was gonna be an genocide or something, but no way I trade the species by starting/participating in a nuclear war for isreal..

It would take a religious fundamentalist to do that, and the funny part about that is they think jesus was a fraud and the Christians all all too dumb to realize it..

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It wasn’t like a real war, war..

The Israelites premtivly short down their air forces and went to bombing..

If they had had a real war with 218 million people vs 8.5, they definitely don’t win in a week.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

And only a fraction of the Arab populations..

If it had really been all the Arabs they could have fielded an army of 50 million.. just guessing the fighting age male population.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
SO , the Iranians and Palestinians enter formal war against Israel (as no one else would join against them)
How long would that last ?
My bet is on Israel and the US in about 24 hours....
BTW , you really need to research a little history of the region before posting a "hypothetical" thread that is both anti-US and anti-Israel

edit on 5/2/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

It wasn’t like a real war, war..

The Israelites premtivly short down their air forces and went to bombing..

If they had had a real war with 218 million people vs 8.5, they definitely don’t win in a week.

WAR

a (1) : a state of usually open and declared armed hostile conflict between states or nations (2) : a period of such armed conflict

War is war. The 6 Day War happened at a time when war was transitioning away from troop on troop conflict and moving towards a model of air strikes and heavy shelling, then use ground troops if the enemy still has the will to fight. Obviously Egypt, Jordan, and Syria lacked the fortitude for it to reach that point, so they waved their little white flags 6 Days in.

The idea of winning a war being rooted in purely attrition of population is really only applicable when dealing with poorly trained fighters in hand to hand situations. In an era of technology, whoever is best equipped kicks ass, and we've wisely seen to it that Israel has stayed well equipped over the decades... a policy which we will hopefully never veer from.
edit on 2-5-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

A) is pretty sure “heavy shelling” and “bombing” started in ww2..

If anything it was the transition between heavy shelling and targeted drone strikes.

B) that could be because they really weren’t about to invade isreal in the first place..

So they weren’t set up for a fight..

I’m not saying their leaders weren’t saying otherwise, but it could have just been rabble rousing rhetoric they really weren’t planning on backing up.

I just don’t see how those countries that far out number isreal could have lost a “fair fight” in six days UNLESS they were caught totally unaware..

At that point it is not so much a war as a sucker punch.

C) I agree completely it is about making the other side quit, and isreal obviously did that..

I think you can even make a good case they won the land “by right of conquest”.. even if they did take over after being invited in....then sucker punched the opposition..

Conquest is conquest.

D) I think , partially due to Israel’s actions and partly because any “other” you can demonize pays political dividends. I think one day the region will truly decide to try and eject them..

If they have Russian or Chinese backing that could easily mean we would have to decide between Armageddon and isreal moving elsewhere.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I said the entire Middle East..

Maybe even the entire ME and russia or China backing them.

Of course your going to bet on isreal if you change the rules to only one country attacking them (iran). Palistine isn’t even a country and doesn’t have a military..

That is like me saying “what would happen if all of South America attacked Canada”??

Then someone replying “they could beat Brazil”...

Well no one asked if Canada could beat brazil..

I asked if “ assuming the ME unites against isreal and a super power backs the ME. How far would we go to maintain isrealie dominance in the region?”

How many US lives would you trade??

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I said the entire Middle East..

Maybe even the entire ME and russia or China backing them.

Of course your going to bet on isreal if you change the rules to only one country attacking them (iran). Palistine isn’t even a country and doesn’t have a military..

That is like me saying “what would happen if all of South America attacked Canada”??

Then someone replying “they could beat Brazil”...

Well no one asked if Canada could beat brazil..

I asked if “ assuming the ME unites against isreal and a super power backs the ME. How far would we go to maintain isrealie dominance in the region?”

How many US lives would you trade??

And , reread my post.
Know what "assume" makes out of you ?
Not me as I deny ignorance...
How many US lives ?
None. But , if it takes it ?
Good vs Evil ?
I am on the side of good , every single time
Unfortunately , some are not.
Now , my duty to ATS is fulfilled for this thread.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Good deal.. as long as you wouldn’t trade US lives or nuclear war..

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
We shouldn't have to do anything for Israel. They are God's chosen people, after all. As long as they follow God's commandments, God will open up a can of Smite-ass(tm) on their enemies. According to the Bible, the only time God lets the enemies of Israel win is when Israel doesn't follow His commandments. You know, things like thou shall not lie, steal, murder, etc.

God can handle the situation far better than the US. We should not interfere, lest we incur His wrath.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
thanks VVD for the lead-in

sure Israel is the regathered Jews...but the government does not have the same distinction... why, they have self developed Nukes & rumor says they have Neutron bombs s well
both are against international law & nuclear non-proliferation treaty which only North Korea & Israel defy
(South Africa gave up thir illegal Nukes Years Ago)

both governmental Israel and the Federal USA are both on the wrong side of the Armageddon square-off of Good-V-Evil,
both Israel & USA support/ fund/ arm the Sunni Jihadists and create the wars/Arab Springs, etc. ~~~
then blame the globalists/deep state/ black ops for all the covert intel agencies' blowbacks

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Jonjonj

So turn them all to glass???

Invade and occupy the whole region??

What about if Russia backs Iran???

Be willing to end the species for isreal.

Where did I say that?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

It was a lot more than 7 nations but Arab army fits the bill. Most if not all wars post WWII and before the collapse of Soviet-ism were basically American/Western tech vs Soviet/Eastern tech... Where else were they going to get weapons from.

I just like the white stripes.

a reply to: JoshuaCox

6-day war
but you're right it was a preemptive attack though it's arguable that Israel was baited... Or was even justified in acting as it did.

My point was mainly that Israel kicked ass and the Arabs couldn't do much about it, Israeli resolve is strong. I'd never say never with regards to them.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

The Israelis win simply because the average Arab private soldier, would rather be back home with his wife and kids. simply because he will profit less from any war than the average Israeli soldier. The Arab leaders will always have a severe moral issue , just like Lil Kim people are not stupid.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
We have Iran surrounded by military bases. Bases all over Iraq and AFganistan. We have assets in Saudi Arabia. There are Nato forces and bases all over that area including cyprus right off the coast of Israel. In fact the US just broke ground on a permanent US military base IN Israel.

I don't think we need to worry about Israel. We've got it covered. They have a really, really good military force on their own terms from special forces to airforce to technology to convential troops, tanks weapons. Plus Israel has Nuclear Weapons.

Israel also has a really good economy. They don't need our help. We could cut our billions annually for their defense and they'd still be safe.
edit on 3-5-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: JoshuaCox
As far as it takes. If it requires turning Iran into ashes, than so be it.

All the wrong way around. Study your history. America is Israels bitch

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

If they have Russian or Chinese backing that could easily mean we would have to decide between Armageddon and isreal moving elsewhere.

China and Russia understand mutually assured destruction. Any conflict between the USA and either of them will not see the US or them using nuclear weapons, so no, no Armageddon. Armageddon could, however, be ignited by a zealot country with a bug up their ass like Pakistan, India, Iran (if allowed to obtain nukes), North Korea, or any of the batcrap crazy caliphate (to steal a term from the POTUS) "S*^tholes" in the Middle East if they got their hands on a nuclear WMD. Armageddon could also be carried out by the US, I suppose, purely based off of the fact that we can and it would surprise the hell out of pretty much everyone.

The United States doesn't back down and, for most of our history, we've had no reason to. Nothing has changed there. We're still the biggest dude in the bar and if some imbecile challenges us and pulls a knife, we're still the biggest guy who also happens to have a few handguns and a sawed off stashed on our person. There is simply no reason, whatsoever, to acquiesce to the wishes of any combatant nation, the UN, or any other group walking God's green Earth.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Not even to the local shop to pick up a gallon of milk.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I think that is a VERY bold statement..

A) WW1 was thought to be too disasterous to actually happen. There was just too much money in trade and all the countries were so economically entwined.

I think mathematically it is a long term inevitably that 2 great powers have a large scale exchange..

We have like 13 nuclear powers that all change administrations every 5-10 years. How long till one or more gets a Hitler and then goes to fall???

It might not happen to day , tomorrow or even this century, but sooner or later it will happen..

Some dictator will be in the verge of falling and launch.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join