It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bye Bye Cambridge Analytica.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
I just love it when the publicans try to use false equivalence to make a failed point. I worked for the obama campaign. The data they amassed was for us out for n the field so we wouldn’t waste our time knocking on rwnj’s houses. As there was no reason to waste time on the deplorables. a reply to: neo96

Just a FYI. You're providing the perfect argument for cognitive dissonance.

The acquisition of information and uses beyond the scope of user intent is the root of the issue.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

I think the only thing incredible is people trying to pretend like there is no story, after a video of a confession is posted. We have a president who says he loves America and all things American but then decides to hire a foreign company to run his campaign. I can see two reasons for this: a) He does not think America is best and hires foreign. b) He wanted to keep shady dealings away from American companies that can be investigated more easily. I don't understand why anyone reasonable would not want this investigated. Enlighten me please... and simply assume that I understand the words I write so try to stay on topic.

The campaign hired them. Investigate all you want, but your specious notion that Trump hired them, and that he did so for nefarious reasons based on this specious notion, is utter hogwash. The problem is, you guys like to convict people in the court of public opinion, and all of it one-sided and without a fair trial. I'm not sure how you guys can sleep at night.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

"It is no longer viable to continue operating"

In otherwords, people associate the name cambridge analytica to dirty, underhanded, political hacks..

Best rename and start again fresh and smelling of daisies.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I think the only thing incredible is people trying to pretend like there is no story, after a video of a confession is posted. We have a president who says he loves America and all things American but then decides to hire a foreign company to run his campaign. I can see two reasons for this: a) He does not think America is best and hires foreign. b) He wanted to keep shady dealings away from American companies that can be investigated more easily. I don't understand why anyone reasonable would not want this investigated. Enlighten me please... and simply assume that I understand the words I write so try to stay on topic.

The campaign hired them. Investigate all you want, but your specious notion that Trump hired them, and that he did so for nefarious reasons based on this specious notion, is utter hogwash. The problem is, you guys like to convict people in the court of public opinion, and all of it one-sided and without a fair trial. I'm not sure how you guys can sleep at night.

Excellent, so we agree then, this should be investigated.

I do not know who is at fault or what happened, even though you are again trying to insinuate things and make it seem like my mind is made up. Unlike yours, it's not... but I do believe there is enough here to investigate.

According to the owner and the president of the company, he met with Trump numerous times and took direction from him, not the campaign. That's not something to ignore no matter how hard people try to.

I am glad we agree. Now let's see what comes out of it.
edit on 2-5-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Excellent, so we agree then, this should be investigated.

I do not know who is at fault or what happened, even though you are again trying to insinuate things and make it seem like my mind is made up. Unlike yours, it's not... but I do believe there is enough here to investigate.

According to the owner and the president of the company, he met with Trump numerous times and took direction from him, not the campaign. That's not something to ignore no matter how hard people try to.

I am glad we agree. Now let's see what comes out of it.

I completely disagree that there should be an investigation, and I suspect anyone who does. If there was an investigation every time an anti-Trumper or left-wing media outlet yelled foul, we'd be neck-deep in frivolous investigations.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
You do not? How come?

Did you watch the video?

Alexander Nix

I'm asking this because this is hard for me to understand. I cannot comprehend how someone can not want to know more. How anyone could simply choose not to have all the information.

If you think Nix is lying then say that and we'll leave it at that, and I won't ask any more questions. But if there is the slightest chance he was telling the truth, since he didn't know he was being recorded, then we absolutely, as Americans, deserve to know more.

If after listening to that you still do not want to know more, can you please explain why you have no interest in more information. It's hard for me to grasp that. Thanks man.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
They will be back next month with a different name and new face behind the company but it will be the same puppet masters pulling the strings to play kingmaker all over the place to take a huge dump on the concept of democracy

If they are , someone else bought em out. They will not have money enough left (nor honor) to continue on their own

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Good riddance i say.

This organisation in my opinion is the dregs. The first four letters of Analytica is where it should be shoved.

www.bbc.co.uk...

After watching the 4 Corners report on these people, I doubt very much they will disapper. It wont take long before they re-emerge under another name and a new face at the front.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Ohhh I just love your posts these days.

You make some claim, trying to sound intelligent like you have just swallowed a thesaurus and then when someone points out your talking rubbish you try to patronise and confuse people into “winning” the debate.

It’s quite funny you use the same methods on every thread rather than just putting your hands up and admitting you are wrong.

This whole “am the smartest guy in the room” act you keep putting on is getting rather sad. The claims against Cambridge analytica are far from unfounded they were caught red handed on camera. Yet because that does not quite fit with your world view you attempt to twist it.

If it’s anti-trump or just anything other than a right wing position you will burry your head in the sand and cry that it’s not true.

It’s starting to make you all look very silly
edit on 3-5-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It’s starting to make you all look very silly

No offense but, you're the one wearing the mask.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Feel free to come back at me when you have a better argument than the childish trope of “I know you are but what am i”.

This company done wrong, they were caught doing it and should be investigated and punished if appropriate. It’s quite simple

Defending them to score some political points makes people, in my view, look very silly.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Feel free to come back at me when you have a better argument than the childish trope of “I know you are but what am i”.

This company done wrong, they were caught doing it and should be investigated and punished if appropriate.

You should try being Childish sometime, it sure as hell beats being a boring asshole.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Further proof that everything Trump touches turns to pooh.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

And you regurgitate whatever is on the news. I’m beginning to think that if the news suddenly turned pro-trump, so would you.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

And you regurgitate whatever is on the news. I’m beginning to think that if the news suddenly turned pro-trump, so would you.

It’s not just because it was in the news there is actually camera footage of senior members of that organisation admitting to using some extremely dodgy and legally questionable tactics to influence the outcomes of democratic elections.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join