It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has Trump done????

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I generally agree with you.

I'm not convinced on the 'filling' of the swamp just yet though, but I will say I sure hoped it would drain faster. Bureaucrats make for one hell of a clog though!

I'm in full agreement on the Syria thing though.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

A good example would be the opinion many people have on this website about Hillary Clinton. If asked the same question you posed in the OP, I doubt many would be able to give reasonable examples of how Hillary personally affected them to justify their dislike/hatred, but that does not mean their opinion is invalid or not well-founded.

I can agree with that. For me, it wasn't a hatred of Clinton personally, it was a hatred of everything she stood for and represented. She's not only a lapdog of the establishment, she IS the establishment. I hate more the things she DID and got CAUGHT doing (rigging the Dem primary, pay for play politics, downright illegal behavior negated by a tarmac chat by her hubby). I also hated how the mainstream media tripped all over themselves to kiss her ass, while every piece on Trump was a complete hatchet job. In fact, they did their job TOO well. In their zeal to do this, they made it even MORE obvious to those of us who paid attention to it. The only surprise for me, was that there were ENOUGH folks awakened by this, to actually make the difference. I knew the predicted Clinton landslide wouldn't happen, but I was a bit surprised (and impressed) to see so many who weren't taken in by the false picture of her inevitable victory painted by the press.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

A good example would be the opinion many people have on this website about Hillary Clinton. If asked the same question you posed in the OP, I doubt many would be able to give reasonable examples of how Hillary personally affected them to justify their dislike/hatred, but that does not mean their opinion is invalid or not well-founded.

I can agree with that. For me, it wasn't a hatred of Clinton personally, it was a hatred of everything she stood for and represented. She's not only a lapdog of the establishment, she IS the establishment. I hate more the things she DID and got CAUGHT doing (rigging the Dem primary, pay for play politics, downright illegal behavior negated by a tarmac chat by her hubby). I also hated how the mainstream media tripped all over themselves to kiss her ass, while every piece on Trump was a complete hatchet job. In fact, they did their job TOO well. In their zeal to do this, they made it even MORE obvious to those of us who paid attention to it. The only surprise for me, was that there were ENOUGH folks awakened by this, to actually make the difference. I knew the predicted Clinton landslide wouldn't happen, but I was a bit surprised (and impressed) to see so many who weren't taken in by the false picture of her inevitable victory painted by the press.

And your opinion may be well-founded. You do not have to be affected personally to hold a valid opinion on someone or something.

Point remains that the OP and premise of this thread is lacking very basic logic.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I'm not convinced on the 'filling' of the swamp just yet though, but I will say I sure hoped it would drain faster. Bureaucrats make for one hell of a clog though!

The vast majority of his appointees are all former lobbyists (and typically of an industry at odds with the post!). That's the complete OPPOSITE of draining the swamp. Yeah, not happy with his performance on this point.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Nope, it barely 'hangs in there'. In the darker corner of the Orangarchys fat ass, to be a tad more precise. Hmm. I like that one! Orangearchy. Like... archery with oranges for a Brave New Oligarchy.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Point remains that the OP and premise of this thread is lacking very basic logic.

I disagree. HIs point (to me) is that people actually HATE Trump. Not what he's done, or doing, but HIM, the person himself.

Conservatives may joke about hating Hillary, but many of the libs actually MEAN it. None of us ever called for Hillary's assassination, for example, or hoisted her dismembered head in effigy.

For me, Trump's a mixed bag. On the issue of women, he's a pretty horrible guy. But, I know of many good and kind charitable things he's done for many different groups and individuals (and out of the limelight). I don't really like him much as a person, but I'm not voting for a buddy. I'm voting for a guy or gal who feels like I do on the major issues affecting the country. And while I don't agree with his views on ALL of it, it's far more in common than any that were on his opponents' platforms.

Another 180 by the way, he campaigned on being LGBT friendly, but has shown the opposite. This really doesn't affect me too much personally, other than having many friends in this community, but still, it's a reversal.

I also disagree with the Wall nonsense. Far better (and cheaper) to simply fix some of the major issues with the immigration court system, and establish a better path to citizenship for those already here. Also, just negate this citizen by birth location nonsense, and you remove the incentive. It's simple. If one of your birth parents is a citizen, so are YOU. If not, they you are NOT. Problem solved. No wall needed. (and if you do want to build it, simply put an added tax on money transfers to Mexico, and it pays for itself).

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

When in American history has a senator EVER been prosecuted for a procedural error???

Everyone had their own servers. A memo comes out saying for everyone to swap to .gov servers. Then for some reason whether to hide something or just because her IT guy at the time was lazy. She didn’t swap servers..

What US senator or equivalent in American history has ever been prosecuted for something that minor???

There is no moral crime there... it’s all been played up nonsense..

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Look, I generally don't respond frequently to you because, honestly, all you want to do is endlessly argue about points 'other' than the OP (sorry, just my opinion). However, you did indeed ask this question, and I indeed did not respond directly to you. I was actually in the process of assembling a different reply to your other post a moment ago (which actually had a couple valid points I wanted to acknowledge, believe it or not), but I'll respond to this one instead.

I did not respond to this question initially for a variety of reasons (you weren't the only one who asked it). However, I have responded to it...HERE
edit on 5/3/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

I disagree. HIs point (to me) is that people actually HATE Trump. Not what he's done, or doing, but HIM, the person himself.

Yes, that was EXACTLY my point!

Thank you.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I would agree.

I am puzzled by this though. It makes me wonder if there's not a reason for it, because it seems a bit out of character for him otherwise. I'm still kind of on the fence about it, honestly. I guess my thinking (right now) is the 'swamp' is far more infected than any of us ever thought, and even getting to the drain plug is more difficult than meets the eye. It's kind of like the old adage of 'In order to truly clean up, you first have to make a mess'.

That's just my feeling right now.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Typically, there's resignation....not prosecution. I can think of a certain ex-President, for example...

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Look, I generally don't respond frequently to you because, honestly, all you want to do is endlessly argue about points 'other' than the OP.

I've directly addressed the point you made in the OP and my opinion on it. You have said several times in this thread that people are deflecting and that does not appear to be true.

I did not respond to this question initially for a variety of reasons (you weren't the only one who asked it). However, I have responded to it...HERE

You ask for people to talk about personal impact, but want to eliminate opinion?

That, as well, is a very open-ended question that can lead to subjective answers and opinion.

So my point still stands. The premise of this thread is illogical and it would seem that you are trying to narrow the focus of the thread, and it's intended purpose, as people answer your question in ways you had not thought of, or do not like.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I am puzzled by this though. It makes me wonder if there's not a reason for it, because it seems a bit out of character for him otherwise.

You won't like the most likely answer.

They got to him.

I can even pinpoint the day it happened. The day (towards the end of the campaign), when he met with top GOP leaders, and the next day, the #nevertrump movement died a sudden death. I don't know what they showed him, or told him, but I think this was the moment. Somehow, they got him to play a little ball.

Sure, it sounds all conspiracy-theory crazy and all, but it also logically fits and explains the results. Not as much a puppet as HRC would have been, but someone's pulling on some strings. It's also obvious there's dissension in the ranks though, or we would have seen the press back off Trump a bit. Just my take on it, is all.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Think away.

Or, start another thread which has a question more to your liking.

You can always choose to ignore threads you feel are 'illogical' for whatever reason.

I'm not going to justify why I asked the question(s) the way I did any more than I have. They are what they are, like them or leave them. That is all.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
What has he done? I heard he shaved, whizzed, ate a McMuffin, dressed and kissed his wife. And it's only 10 o'clock.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

“Conservatives may joke about hating hillary”?!?!

They have literally accused her of murder and running a child pedo ring.. that’s not a joke..

Liberals think trump made a deal with the Russians to win the election...why???

Because it is a good deal that pretty much any amoral buisnessman would take...

Conservatives pretend obama/hillary/exc are flipping super villains.. literally create childish motivations like “to destroy America “...

I’m sorry but I gotta cal bs on anyone pretending that conservatives are the ones playing the logic game...

There is a reason all the scientists, teachers and college professors are all liberals..

It’s becauss conservatism is based on logical fallacies not logic..

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You may be right. It does explain some things. We're getting off-topic here, but we can only hope he didn't sell all of his soul to the Devil in this deal. There is a ray of hope (a few actually), and a big one is the fact that many GOP members have declared war on him publicly. This would suggest that 'ball game' didn't go exactly as they planned...which is probably a good thing. I'm not giving up yet, it's a lot better than we've seen anywhere else recently.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Sure. That is a given, considering the political climate in the US. Surely you do not think it is relegated to one side over the other.

Conservatives may joke about hating Hillary, but many of the libs actually MEAN it. None of us ever called for Hillary's assassination, for example, or hoisted her dismembered head in effigy.

I stand corrected. You must think I am stupid if you expect me to but that load of bull#. People on this very site has called for her to be arrested, hung for treason, accused of being part of a pedo ring, etc, etc, etc. Literally, I could go through just this website and find some of the most extreme and absurd things directed at Hillary and the Left that make the hatred for Trump look like an invite to a tea party.

Do they say those things because they have evidence and what justice to be served?

No. They say it because they hate Hillary and the rest of us on the Left. I've even been personally told that I want babies to be murdered, and you expect me to buy the ridiculous notion that the Right doesn't "mean it"?

I call bull#.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

What goes around, comes around. I mean... he could try not to foster hate and division for starters.

Crocodile tears. Which is why I preserve my hate, he only deserves disrespect like all the other "World-Leaders" leading crap. Korea looks promising though, there's good people on both sides!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Think away.

Or, start another thread which has a question more to your liking.

You can always choose to ignore threads you feel are 'illogical' for whatever reason.

I'm not going to justify why I asked the question(s) the way I did any more than I have. They are what they are, like them or leave them. That is all.

This is nothing more than a dismissal of an opinion you do not like. It's like sticking your fingers in your ears and crying "I'm not listening".

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join