It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has Trump done????

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

What color is the sky in your world?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

my sky = pure octarine

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

What color is the sky in your world?

I’m guessing red, white and blue

link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Exactly!

Funny how that works, isn't it? It's really a shining symptom of just exactly how deep the "establishment" has burrowed themselves into people's brains. A symptom of how well the media propaganda machine works, and how much control the elite mortals behind the proverbial "curtain" truly have. Trump can't be allowed to succeed at any cost...to them. He is a very real threat to their corruption of anything and everything. Trump shatters the 'democrat v republican' mold.

The anti-Trump crowd see republicans taking an anti-trump posture and they view this as their justification to hate him. What they aren't realizing is, this is the thing to celebrate the most about him, that there truly is no difference between the two parties behind closed doors. They are ALL (well, nearly all) playing for the same team, and that team is not a team fighting for the American citizen and taxpayer. That team is fighting for one thing, and one thing only...THEMSELVES and their own personal wealth and power.

link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Exactly!

Funny how that works, isn't it? It's really a shining symptom of just exactly how deep the "establishment" has burrowed themselves into people's brains. A symptom of how well the media propaganda machine works, and how much control the elite mortals behind the proverbial "curtain" truly have. Trump can't be allowed to succeed at any cost...to them. He is a very real threat to their corruption of anything and everything. Trump shatters the 'democrat v republican' mold.

The anti-Trump crowd see republicans taking an anti-trump posture and they view this as their justification to hate him. What they aren't realizing is, this is the thing to celebrate the most about him, that there truly is no difference between the two parties behind closed doors. They are ALL (well, nearly all) playing for the same team, and that team is not a team fighting for the American citizen and taxpayer. That team is fighting for one thing, and one thing only...THEMSELVES and their own personal wealth and power.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Roger that!

100%

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
DP
edit on 5/3/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Well, I can tell you one thing; it's a hell of a lot different than the color of the sky in yours apparently!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
What did Hitler do to you personally?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

What, are we in the 4th grade now???

We've already covered this, and Pol Pot too. Do we want to try for Genghis Khan next?

How about Jack the Ripper?

For the record, Hitler did nothing to me personally; he wasn't alive in my lifetime.

ETA...the deflections on this subject are absolutely stunning!!
edit on 5/3/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
And just an editorial comment...

For all the folks asking things deflections like... 'what did Hitler (or insert other perpetrator of pure evil) do to YOU?', I offer the following as a response:

Such a question is nothing more than an intentional deflection aimed at distracting discussion on the point. That said, if some of you put your hatred of Trump on the same level as that of Hitler, or Pol Pot or any other genocidal monster of the sort...you seriously need to seek licensed professional psychiatric intervention and care (i.e. get your head examined)!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The point isn't to directly equate Trump to Hitler.

The point is to show that you can strongly dislike something or someone, without them having done anything personally to you. Especially when that person is the most powerful person on the planet. You can because of their politics, what they stand for, and their behavior. And it can be entirely justified.

I think your point is that people hate Trump because of politicking or identity politics. I certainly agree with that. But the question you're asking is loaded - what has Trump done to you personally? My response to that is rhetorical questions: What did Clinton do to you personally? What did Obama do to you personally? What did Hitler do to you personally? Yes, I'll try it. What did Genghis Khan do to you personally?

There are a lot of scumbags in the world who have done nothing to me personally.

Trump and his supporters are also deliberately antagonistic towards about half your country (and half the world) as well.

As far as what Trump did to me personally - nothing. I mildly dislike him (but at the same time am cautiously optimistic) for a variety of reasons nonetheless.
edit on 3/5/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

That said, if some of you put your hatred of Trump on the same level as that of Hitler,

Distraction. They didn't, you're just playing the moron in order not to concede to a reasonable point.
Concede morons pile up concrete and bricks for their walls of ignorance instead. What did they do to you?

Yes, I know. You don't understand. Try a question?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'll offer my reasons in a simple analogy...
Trump Being President is the same as asking a plumber to pilot a space shuttle. It's that simple... Before he became President of the US all he did was go bankrupt and perform other acts of moral bankruptcy. Let's face it that list
that sh*ts long.
edit on 3-5-2018 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
And just an editorial comment...

For all the folks asking things deflections like... 'what did Hitler (or insert other perpetrator of pure evil) do to YOU?', I offer the following as a response:

Such a question is nothing more than an intentional deflection aimed at distracting discussion on the point. That said, if some of you put your hatred of Trump on the same level as that of Hitler, or Pol Pot or any other genocidal monster of the sort...you seriously need to seek licensed professional psychiatric intervention and care (i.e. get your head examined)!

It's not deflection. It's actually a reasonable example to use to highlight the illogical thinking that is the basis of this thread.

You can have an opinion about someone or their actions/politics, good or bad, without being personally affected by the person.

A good example would be the opinion many people have on this website about Hillary Clinton. If asked the same question you posed in the OP, I doubt many would be able to give reasonable examples of how Hillary personally affected them to justify their dislike/hatred, but that does not mean their opinion is invalid or not well-founded.

That is why, as I said in my first post which you never seemed to respond to, the premise of this thread is laughable. At the most basic level, it is similar to the "you don't know me"-sort of argument used by kids that feel threatened.

It's rather insulting to the intelligence and the membership, as you must think people around here are stupid enough to somehow buy in to this hilarious logic.

Perhaps you are right.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I voted for Trump...based on his positions on the issues, as presented in the campaign.

I was happy to see him pull us out of the Paris Accord. That was nothing but us forking out a lot of money for no good reason.

I wasn't happy with him pulling a 180 on his "drain the swamp" pledge. Instead, he's done nothing but FILL the swamp.

I wasn't happy with him playing along with this Assad gassed his people nonsense, and then caving to escalate things in Syria. The campaign pledge was to get us OUT of Syria, let Russia have their pipeline, and not worry about it. Instead, we've just upped the ante there, and now seem hellbent on ousting Assad. The complete opposite position he held during the campaign.

I'm pleased to see the progress in North Korea. While a lot of this has been in the works for some time, it took Trump being in office (and NOT simply continuing the tradition to pay them hush money extortion) for it to come to a head.

So for me, it's a pretty mixed report card. Tweets and sex scandal nonsense really don't interest me. I'm more about results, which I think is a trait shared by most Trump voters.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

Fair enough, I actually do get your point. I had to phrase the OP somehow though, and while your point may be a valid secondary point, the OP wouldn't have been as focused if I would have asked... "What has Trump done that you don't like? That is a far more subjective question, and was not the point. Plus, this thread would have gone all over the place with an OP like that. Bottom line, it wasn't about opinion (in fact it was expressly intended to eliminate opinion), it was about personal impact.

Hopefully you see my point as well.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

How far back in time do we have to go, in order to get you guys n gals looking ahead again?

The mid 50's.

Mexico still had a strong economy and was a worthy partner for our growth.

America still had a strong middle class.

The CIA had not yet infiltrated our homes via creation of agencies like the Department of Education, Homeland Security, etc.

There was no DEA.

The FBI was mostly concerned with keeping the president from looking like a tool, not entraping mentally retarded muslims and killing innocent Americans.

There was no war on drugs to decimate the nuclear family unit

There was no petro dollar to decimate global micoeconomies.

Holy cow! 5 stars for a trip back to the "good old days"!

Yeah. No. I'm happy not to argue with actual (former) Nazi bureaucrats over papercrap during my gubmint office visits, thanks! It's bad enough already, you have no idea what the paid Prussian Trolls are capable of...

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Oh, I understand full well.

You're entitled to your opinion. My questions stand.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join