It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun collector with ‘arsenal of deadly weapons’ arrested

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fermy
Just the title alone...
"Gun collector with arsenal of deadly weapons"

Yes, guns not loaves of bread.
Deadly.
Yes, that's the idea.

Scare story 365.

All weapons can be deadly. Fist and human intelligence too.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Or if you are one of the crazy gun nuts who think we should have NO regulation then show some back bone and say it!

I believe as long as the Second Amendment stands as written, we can legally have no restrictions whatsoever on firearm ownership.

Happy?

The(CrazyGunNut)Redneck

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Just because it’s “your” property doesn’t mean it’s legal there skippy. a reply to: infolurker

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Just because it’s “your” property doesn’t mean it’s legal there skippy. a reply to: infolurker

And likewise, just because a law is passed doesn't mean that the law in question is a just law or that it is itself constitutional and thereby not a valid law. People have short memories and forget that the entire reason the Second Amendment was included in the Bill of Rights by George Mason and James Madison was in part because no states would ratify the constitution without those express freedoms included and additionally because the British passed laws making the colonists criminals for possessing their own firearms after the British put za moratorium on imports of firearms and gunpowder in 1774 an d subsequently began large scale weapons confiscation starting with Boston in 1774 and working their way through Massachusetts and the rest of the colonies by 1775. Those laws were considered so unjust that they, along with a host of new taxes and increases on old taxes, precipitated the Revolutionary War. Just because NYC instituted a requirement for permits to own firearms within the city boundaries doesn't mean that those laws are just or don't violate our constitutional rights.

With that said, at the same time, because of the legal issues regarding his ownership of the firearms in question, he should have been more careful about letting anyone know that he had them. If the police had a warrant then they had enough probable cause to convince a judge to sign off on it so somebody was a snitch and tattled on him. Had he kept it on the DL, we wouldn't even be talking about this.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No. Any other questions?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

It's a fair certainty that I'll never, ever, live in New York, or anywhere nearby...

I own guns, several of them, knives, I've lost count, and stuff that goes with both. It's fairly obvious that I'm what NY would consider a criminal...

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

It's a fair certainty that I'll never, ever, live in New York, or anywhere nearby...

I own guns, several of them, knives, I've lost count, and stuff that goes with both. It's fairly obvious that I'm what NY would consider a criminal...

You’re not too far off on how the law would view you. However, some Sheriffs have decided that their oath of office had
More weight than a bunch of out of touch legislators who did a middle of the night rush job based entirely on an emotional plea as opposed to a rational and logical need for the legislation.

The county I live in is one of those and it’s likely why the sheriff was re-elected at the end of his last term. He was quite adamant that his department was going to focus on people actually committing crimes and that the sparse resources we had available would not be wasted on knocking on doors to heck people’s gun safes or confiscate firearms from people who are protesting the UNSAFEAct by refusing to register their arms wth the state police.

I wish I could say it’s not all bad but I’d be lying and if it were true I wold t be moving to a state where I can live my life as a I see fit and where my gay friends can get married and guard their marijuana gardens with the firearm if their choice instead of waiting around to be a victim because the availability of self defense measures is limited. Not only is it a massive thorn in your side worrying about somebody ratting you out to the state boys since they don’t seem to have the same degree of conscience as the majority of Sheriffs but if you want to get a pistol permit now the wait is upmti 18 months or more in some counties.

Screw that... it took me 5 it 6 weeks to find a house we liked then drive up to Maine to check out properties and put in a bid on the one we ended up buying and it’s school district is rated much higher than the one I currently live in and the taxes are about 1/3 what i lay here. It’s no small wonder why NY is 2nd it 3rd out of 50 states in terms of the number of people moving out exceeding the number of people moving in. We closed on the new house in early February and my wife is already working up there in a similar job that she likes better and comes back to NY on weekends when she is able. It’s a pain in the ass but unlike the political climate in NY, it’s temporary.

I can’t remember the last time I actually went out and plunked away at targets because I don’t want to take a chance of someone reporting me for having the same rifle I’ve had for a number of years now because I’ve found that the vast majority of problem who rant and rave against the second amendment don’t know the first thing about guns and I don’t need some fool freaking out because they don’t know the difference between a grenade launcher and a .22 This summer though it’s on! 8 acres of completely wooded land just waiting for me to rent a bulldozer and chop down some trees to clear space for the 300 Yard range In putting in right next to my new garden. Things are looking up these days.

Open invite for anyone that wants to make their way up to Maine and spend a lot of money on ammo!

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
the Guns aside I noticed Trump keeps his arms folded across his chest ALOT .
So looked up what that body language meant .
Looks like Trump does not like the people doing that interview lol .
Ps take the guns first ??

Screw do prosses ? Out of Trumps own mouth ?
Ok all you Trump hater's maybe you have some what of a point .

Trumps own words Take the guns first dont worry about courts till later .
Wow not even Obama was that brazen .

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I agree with everything you said but none of this Second Amendment stuff is going to fly in a NYC court. To argue that, he will probably have to go to the Supreme Court or a high federal court.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: peter vlar

I agree with everything you said but none of this Second Amendment stuff is going to fly in a NYC court. To argue that, he will probably have to go to the Supreme Court or a high federal court.

I definitely agree with this. His trial will be a show trial and little more. Unfortunately, he's going to be found guilty and no judge in the City is going to allow him to remain out on bond pending appeals. And judging by the way the State level courts have ruled on the aspects of the SAFEAct that have been brought through the system, he won't have much luck with appeals and as you said, it will end up making it's way through the federal appellate courts.

The real question is, "will the SCOTUS even bother to hear the case or will they let a lower courts ruling stand?". They've ruled previously on the legitimacy of handgun permits so even if SCOTUS opts to review the case, the handgun charges will stand. His only shot is at a lesser sentence for overturning the long rifle charges. No NYC jury is going to take long to convict him. At least that's my best guess.

And then there's the trick of figuring out who will take an appeal case of this nature pro-bono? Because it will be expensive as all holy hell just to get through the first trial, never mind the appeals process. I'm just at the point where I throw my hands in the air and say 'it's not my problem anymore' and keep packing up boxes because once school is over June 22 I become a resident of Maine and will only be coming back here to do work on the house to get it ready to hit the market by August. It sucks because most of my family is here, all of my friends and everyone that I've played and written music with as well. But is starting life over from scratch is going to be in the best interest of my kids then F#( it... I'm out and yelling Freedom like Mel Gibson at the end of Braveheart.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
the Guns aside I noticed Trump keeps his arms folded across his chest ALOT .
So looked up what that body language meant .
Looks like Trump does not like the people doing that interview lol .
Ps take the guns first ??

Screw do prosses ? Out of Trumps own mouth ?
Ok all you Trump hater's maybe you have some what of a point .

Trumps own words Take the guns first dont worry about courts till later .
Wow not even Obama was that brazen .

Ive folded my arms before just to throw someone off myself. you do know if you know body language you can mislead people easily.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I've seen this a few times, where someone is arrested with an "arsenal" of guns and a "stockpile" of ammunition. Who the hell defines what a stockpile or arsenal is? Is it illegal to have more than certain amount of guns? No, but they will still arrest you and take everything you have.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

105 Day Tour Crime and Field Intelligence Officer confiscated these items during a search warrant: 16 firearms, 11,000 rounds of ammo and $13,000 cash! Great job!

NYPD 105th Precinct on Twitter

Civil asset forfeiture bull#. I would not be one tiny bit surprised to learn that the actual amount of cash was higher but some of it somehow went astray before being counted. But that's probably just my overactive imagination, things of that sort never happen, right?

They are getting roasted in the replies.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

105 Day Tour Crime and Field Intelligence Officer confiscated these items during a search warrant: 16 firearms, 11,000 rounds of ammo and $13,000 cash! Great job!

NYPD 105th Precinct on Twitter

Civil asset forfeiture bull#. I would not be one tiny bit surprised to learn that the actual amount of cash was higher but some of it somehow went astray before being counted. But that's probably just my overactive imagination, things of that sort never happen, right?

They are getting roasted in the replies.

I honestly think that civil asset forfeiture is one of the most blatant violations of our rights to due process in the history of our nation. How the courts don't put a stop to it I can not fathom. Well, actually, I can fathom it. When there are judges like the one in Pennsylvania who was getting kickbacks from the for profit juvenile detention facility to keep them operating at full capacity because their funding was determined by the number of inmates being held then I wouldn't be terribly shocked to find out that some judges were getting kickbacks when arraigning someone.

It's a disgrace to the entire legal system and because every agency that benefits from civil asset forfeiture has got far to used to having excess funds to spend, they have zero impetus to end it and every reason possible to continue pulling people over for minor traffic infractions and taking every dime they have. Because they get to keep and spend the money (mostly due to the fact that it costs more in legal fees than you'll actually get back IF you happen to be lucky enough to win), it's a huge conflict of interest and should not be allowed. I hope that none of the people who think that President Reagan is Saint Ronnie ever run into this problem because it was thanks to him that the Comprehensive Crime Control Act of 1984 was passed allowing the process to extend far beyond its original parameters.

Although the Supreme Court had to decline to hear Leonard v. Texas, a pretty high-profile forfeiture case, for procedural reasons, Justice Thomas issued a pretty blistering statement on the case:

This system — where police can seize property with limited judicial oversight and retain it for their own use — has led to egregious and well-chronicled abuses. According to one nationally publicized report, for example, police in the town of Tenaha, Texas, regularly seized the property of out-of-town drivers passing through and collaborated with the district attorney to coerce them into signing waivers of their property rights. In one case, local officials threatened to file unsubstantiated felony charges against a Latino driver and his girlfriend and to place their children in foster care unless they signed a waiver. In another, they seized a black plant worker’s car and all his property (including cash he planned to use for dental work), jailed him for a night, forced him to sign away his property, and then released him on the side of the road without a phone or money. He was forced to walk to a Wal-Mart, where he borrowed a stranger’s phone to call his mother, who had to rent a car to pick him up.

It's unfortunate that cases like the above exist period. Hopefully at some point in the near future SCOTUS will have a case land on their desk that allows them to reduce the entire process to ashes.

Washington Post Article on Leonard V. Texas

SCOTUS case

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

See this is a clear sign of overstep this city thinks it's a country how are they making laws to lock someone up for up to 25 years. Since when do you have to have aperm8t to own a rifle or shotgun? If this is not a state requirement state attorney general needs to step in and order this man's release and return of his property.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
A “banana ammo clip containing 25 caliber rounds”? Just how stupid are these people?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I went to NY last year and took my carry with me. I was told I could get in serious trouble having it there. That it was a No no even being from out of state with legal cwp for 38+ states. I live in SC. You can still sell and buy with a bill of sale here Many do it without it. I wouldn't recommend that approach. I get it's my right to do so, I'd rather go the extra mile to ensure my safety though. I don't want a stolen gun or worse, one with bodies or crimes linked to it. I definitely don't want to sell my gun to have someone use it to kill another person or commit a crime and then they come looking for me. I still have a bill of sale for a gun I sold over 15 yrs ago. Lol Can never be too safe... These days.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
He should be given some time to move out of that CRAZY "F"ING STATE to move to a more constitutionally correct state. To imprison him is nothing less than stomping on his constitutional right. Unlike the communist left the Libertarians work and have no time to demonstrate or twitter rant all day. Sad.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join