It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller raised possibility of presidential subpoena in meeting with Trump’s legal team

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Phase II of this week's follies has been released !!

Now we have multiple sources saying Mueller will subpoena Trump !!

All kinds of "familiar with" this or that and "close to" anything that moved in the shadows 😃

Phase I was the "Leaks" of the "Questions" !!

Now what?

Maybe this whole thing ends this week.😎

(Washington Post)
Mueller raised possibility of presidential subpoena in meeting with Trump’s legal team

In a tense meeting in early March with the special counsel, President Trump’s lawyers insisted he had no obligation to talk with federal investigators probing Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential campaign.

But special counsel Robert S. Mueller III responded that he had another option if Trump declined: He could issue a subpoena for the president to appear before a grand jury, according to four people familiar with the encounter.

Mueller’s warning — the first time he is known to have mentioned a possible subpoena to Trump’s legal team — spurred a sharp retort from John Dowd, then the president’s lead lawyer.

“This isn’t some game,” Dowd said, according to two people with knowledge of his comments. “You are screwing with the work of the president of the United States.”

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Maybe this whole thing ends this week.

Wouldn't that be nice.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

By the way . I thought you liked un-named sources?
Your always posting about them in your anti- muller, obama, hillary threads after all.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Maybe this whole thing ends this week.

Not a chance. This will be milked into the next century. My head spins thinking of the dollars made via media and spent on Muellers team over all of this nonsense.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

In a tense meeting in early March with the special counsel, President Trump’s lawyers insisted he had no obligation to talk with federal investigators probing Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential campaign.

He doesn't.

For two simple reasons.

The popular vote went to Clinton.

The electoral vote went to Trump.

Russian interference did what ?

Absolutely not a GD thing, and it didn't hold a candle to the interference by Trumps challenger and her party, and the media shilling for her.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Any questions?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

He doesn't.

For two simple reasons.

Absolutely not a GD thing, and it didn't hold a candle to the interference by Trumps challenger and her party, and the media shilling for her.

You're not even trying these days, are you?

And let's make sure we archive this response of mine too, shall we? Just so it will remain unedited.

Because here's the deal:

Donald Trump's name, and legacy, will become synonymous with "Epic Failure". He will be financially devastated, and he will spend the rest of his days outside of the US.

On the plus side (for some of you, anyway ... we true patriots tend to think poorly of traitors like Trump), it's true that he won't be indicted while in office, and it's more than likely that he won't be impeached either - but that has more to do with Mitch McConnell than it has to do with Trump. If he plays nicely, he should be able to avoid prison after his term is over.

But rest assured, my dear children, that Trump will be a one-term President (assuming he lasts the whole term). And you can also sleep peacefully knowing that neither Hillary nor Obama will spend a single night behind bars ... indeed, they will never even see an indictment. I'm still hopeful that one of the Trump supporters will eventually catch on and finally understand what's happening, but I fear I may be disappointed.

So shall we make a promise to meet back here in a year or two? Let's see which one of us was correct.

I'll be here. Will you?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Mueller has the ability and might subpoena Trump. True Statement.

Trump has the ability and might fire Mueller. True Statement.

Sessions has the ability and might appoint a second special counsel. True Statement.

Liberal Media and Democrats get bent out of shape, like they just learned these things. How stupid can they get?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AnnaThema

Donald Trump's name, and legacy, will become synonymous with "Epic Failure". He will be financially devastated, and he will spend the rest of his days outside of the US.

Horse crap.

On the plus side (for some of you, anyway ... we true patriots tend to think poorly of traitors like Trump), it's true that he won't be indicted while in office, and it's more than likely that he won't be impeached either - but that has more to do with Mitch McConnell than it has to do with Trump. If he plays nicely, he should be able to avoid prison after his term is over.

Horse crap.

But rest assured, my dear children, that Trump will be a one-term President (assuming he lasts the whole term). And you can also sleep peacefully knowing that neither Hillary nor Obama will spend a single night behind bars ... indeed, they will never even see an indictment. I'm still hopeful that one of the Trump supporters will eventually catch on and finally understand what's happening, but I fear I may be disappointed.

Horse crap.

The real deal.

The left lost and they have lied their arses off for the last two years, and still can't admit they backed a snip candidate that cheated Sanders,marched out foreign nationals at her convention to electioneer for her, and the media collusion to influence useful idiots that their loss was someone elses fault.

For effs sake Homeland did an entire season on this snip.

edit on 1-5-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

What will be the moment where one side or the other says, "we were wrong"? Does it have to be "a year or two" like you stated? I'd prefer an exact date, where all the cards are laid on the table and an assessment is made.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Just take the 5th like Lois Lerner for any question asked.

I would never answer a question asked by a lawyer with a direct response. Talking to a lawyer is almost as bad as talking to a cop.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Just take the 5th like Lois Lerner for any question asked.

I would never answer a question asked by a lawyer with a direct response. Talking to a lawyer is almost as bad as talking to a cop.

My thoughts ..from a Navy airman... en.wikipedia.org...

And Trump should use his : Under the Constitution, the president may command military forces, convene or adjourn Congress, veto laws, ask his cabinet members to submit their opinions in writing, grant pardons and select United States ambassadors. In addition to expressed powers, the president also has implied powers.

In other words: Feed them fish heads

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: neo96

Any questions?

This isnt a DEMOCRACY this is a REPUBLIC and as such Popular vote aint crap.
Trump should invoke presidential perogitive and give mueller written answers that cant becoem a purgury trap.
FBI agents have nailed innocent people with this before. Bad memory is a crime when it comes to the FBI.
I disliek Trump but i dislike set ups and railroad jobs even more so.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Obama himself said that the Elections are too decentralized to effect a presidential election. So what are they investigating here? Obama coudnt have been wrong could he?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yes Yuppa.. (thanks for the message when I just got started..hahaha) you are on the money!! Anyone with and open mind can see that these questions are a trap. Duh??? ...

Trump should do what no one expects..fire them !! For the good of the country !!

Oh..the TV ratings on all net-works !! Let's do it

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Let's all think about this...what has Trump done so far ? What is Trump trying to do ?? What did Obama do ?? 8 years of a garden at the white house?? Obama did not stop ISSI or let his foes know..that, you will pay a heavy toll if you cross this line. True .

The Left is pissed ...that's what I see... and read your history : Neville Chamberlain was the British prime minister as Great Britain entered World War II. He is known for his policy of "appeasement" toward Adolf Hitler's Nazi Germany.

Let's not repeat history.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Over the weekend James Comey gave some advice to Mueller.

Comey says Trump should be required to subject himself
to an open ended interrogation without limits.

So right there you know that Comey is in on this,
the SC is the "insurance policy" that was tossed out
in Andy's office with Lisa Page and Peter Strzok.

Who cares what Comey says, he is just a "citizen".
As is Mueller, he has no power to prosecute.

As another former assistant FBI director said, this is
a coup, and the UK was involved, Clapper, Brennan
and Obama too.

edit on 1-5-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
trump needs to just tell him to Fluck off. Let mueller piss and moan, throw a tantrum. Let him show his colors and expose himself.
edit on 1-5-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Over the weekend James Comey gave some advice to Mueller.

Comey says Trump should be required to subject himself to an open ended interrogation without limits.

So right there you know that Comey is in on this,
the SC is the "insurance policy" that was tossed out
in Andy's office with Lisa Page and Peter Strzok.

Who cares what Comey says, he is just a "citizen".
As is Mueller, he has no power to prosecute.

As another former assistant FBI director said, this is
a coup, and the UK was involved, Clapper, Brennan
and Obama too.

Someone should ask him if he would give his opposition/enemy that power. Trump.

If the UK is involved, Trump should smoke a bit of the UK, something not worth very much. Like the cliffs of dover or London.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnnaThema

originally posted by: neo96

He doesn't.

For two simple reasons.

You're not even trying these days, are you?

And let's make sure we archive this response of mine too, shall we? Just so it will remain unedited.

Because here's the deal:

So shall we make a promise to meet back here in a year or two? Let's see which one of us was correct.

I'll be here. Will you?

Cognitive dissonance is real.

And this is it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join