It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaire Puts Half His Net Worth Into Gold

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
this post is stupid .
Economics 101 two men invent money in order to do so and make a profit one man lones the other man a 100 $ and wants 110 $ back but seeing there is only 100 $ made he makes more so as to get his profit .

Now this system CAN NOT be sustained no amount of gold no amount of land this system will collapse It has collapsed .
How soon we forget its not real .

Of coarse you can always invest in something even less real like bit coins .
There is a darn good reason people are afraid and believe Governments will fall and become oppressive in the prosses .
You know we cant keep doing this every one knows .

It is like a meteor Not a question of if it will but When it will happen .Dont need scyic ability's to see the future

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

"Of coarse you can always invest in something even less real like bit coins ."

Or Petroleum Jelly.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: infolurker

Personally, I think gold is still a little overvalued.

Silver is right at its 10 year low, gold is close as well, but there is more potential on the upside for silver. imho

for my peace of mind... I have reduced the cost/price of Gold & Silver to the very basic unit...the gram ->

in the Global community of national Mints the standard Troy Ounce has 31.1 grams metal content of any type of precious metal @ 99.9% purity for most coins/bullion,

except for Canada which produces 99.99% purity of 24 karet Gold in all partial Ounce coins including 1/10th Ounce
whereas the USA 1/10th ounce Eagle is only 18 karet Gold (but USA Eagles are priced higher than Canada Maples. ?!

the China Panda silver & gold coins are no longer struck in Troy ounce weight and instead are Minted with only 30 grams of Precious Metal content, and the Premium is even higher than the USA coins...

at Todays Spot Prices on the USA rigged Metals Futures
a Troy ounce of Silver is selling at near $1. per gram
a Troy ounce of Gold is selling at closer to $44. per gram

back story... mining of gold/silver is approaching a decade low in US producers...and a comparable decrease worldwide except for mining by China-Russia within their own territory

the USA Mint is charging heavy Premium on decreased Minting of all sizes of American Gold Eagles in 2018 with the 1/10th ounce gold Eagle having only sold some 6,500 from the US Mint as of 1 May 2018 (this info direct from the Mint 'chat' line on last Friday... (this low number is in contrast to previous Annual sales, which is a closed secret to all but the Designated/Authorized coin dealers allowed to Publically distribute the USA Mint coins to buyers. especially going forward to determine the future Premium rate)

see: www.usmint.gov...

the $1 per gram Silver price is the (+/-) rate for Ounces...
the 100 ounce Canadian silver ingot goes for only $1763.oo
31.1 grams X 100 units = 3,110 grams X .567 cents per gram = $ 1,736.63 = quite a discounted price

Gold coins/bars ranges at near $44-$50 per gram...but the low quantity of Minted coins in 2018 will command a low strike premium--- put together with a low mining prodution in the low single digit million-ounces range should make for much higher PM costs from this day forward....

if you've gor a 10% allocation for PMs in your pension savings i would suggest a modest 1% be used in stacking China gold Bullion/coins/Pandas, etc.

wade thru my post, there is something of value in it.... good fortune members

<< 1  2   >>

join