It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars Coming?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

BWAHAHAHA I have never heard of this movie before. At one part a dude is smoking a cig on a space station lol Classic
I am going to see if I can find it somewhere to watch.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Seems inevitable. Satellite data is integral to military operations. Destroying the satellites of one country will give another country an advantage. Lower orbit space will more than likely end up becoming a very hazardous junk yard.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well, if they make any actual ships in space, they'll have to add an extra "S" to USS, so

USSS SomeImportantPerson.........

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I feel a disturbance...

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: Arbitrageur

BWAHAHAHA I have never heard of this movie before. At one part a dude is smoking a cig on a space station lol Classic
I am going to see if I can find it somewhere to watch.

Seriously? Moonraker? How old are you?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

moonraker is awesome if not a little cheesy now.

all I see are people asking for other people to push buttons on their emotional chemical consciousness board, rather than actually think what is actually happening..

"hey news man... come on man I ran out man just one more.. Please.. I just need one more.."

Every country that has a military satellite has a "space force" if not by name, its part of some other force.

USA is trying to focus that giant entity already there into one place, so it can be more effective.

Russia already has a space force lol.

just read even the first paragraph.

space forces

ps this post is Not directed at you, wide-eyes.. just used as a jump in point.
edit on 2-5-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

The Russian Space Forces (Russian: Космические войска России, tr. Kosmicheskie Voyska Rossii) are a branch of the Russian Aerospace Forces, that provides aerospace warning, air sovereignty, and protection for Russia. Having been reestablished following the 1 August 2015 merger between the Russian Air Force and the Russian Aerospace Defence Forces after a 2011 dissolving of the branch. The Russian Space Forces were originally formed on the 10 August 1992 and the creation of the Russian Armed Forces.[2]

source

In other words its satellites, its radar that goes up above where planes go, its unmanned orbital vehicles.. its stuff like this that are space forces..

its not "star wars" like ship vs ship in space, although it could be.. This is a renaming and restructuring of things already in play..

cliff notes:

I think its a good idea for the USA.

it will consolidate programs and more importantly consolidate command over space based platforms to one place. so that one place can coordinate strategies..

people like flashy titles and have no reading comprehension skills or logic before feeling, or clickbait recognition? this is life now.. "didnt you hear your own body is trying to kill you!" a new study shows aging ages you.

use your fuggin head.

again not directed at you wide-eyes.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I am the young age of thirty. I love me classic movies so I am surprised this one got past my radar.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

It's James Bond bro. I was born in '81 and even I've seen it at least 10 times.

I was surprised too.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Blaine91555

The first humans ever in space were russian.

That's a win that can never be taken from them.

They were the first into an orbit. They never made it to space in fact they didn't leave the earths atmosphere. The only humans to leave earth was apollo.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Is Trump getting ready to disclose Solar Warden?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
meh, ronald reagan said he would do the same thing

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I'd think overlapping responsibilities would lead to bad things, not to mention the waste of money and resources.

When has the government ever worked to make anything more efficient and less costly?

*sniff sniff* What's that smell? Smells like boondoggle.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

The technologies to create particle beam weaponry have somewhat progressed from the 1980s through.

A viable power source seems to be the main issue that prevents building beam weapons.

Also, we require a way to access low earth orbit, in a cost-effective manner, in order to launch the necessary weapons platforms, equipment, and be able to service them.

But if we can do all that who cares about weaponizing space, better to industrialize and commercialize low earth orbit and eventually build bases on Moon, thus usher in a new golden age for Mankind.

After all, we can always fight over Mars when we get there.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Actually when it comes to operations they do try to when there's a lot of overlap.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

haha yes I love that idea.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

but why? thats the big question
both "the wall" and this neo-star wars plan will be huge money sinks

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Because colonization and industrialsation of low Earth orbit is a requirement for us to get our arse off this rock and stop keeping all of our Eggs in the basket we call Earth.

Think of the stuff and new metamaterials we will be able to produce in microgravity, that's reason enough alone to go.

As to why we would choose to weaponize space, well its location makes it the perfect place to strike anywhere on Earth first and probably undetected.

Just like any other theatre of war through, if you own the airspace/space, then you pretty much own the battlefield.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

if the enemy doesnt have this technology, then its point-less

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Wars are never pointless.

Generally, they are about religion, resources or land grabbing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join