It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye West Calls Slavery A ‘Choice,’ Gets Schooled On History

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Go ahead, be for Trump, believe that blacks are relying too much on slavery, those are not new ideas.

But forget making yourself some kind of maverick and free-thinking persecuted martyr just because you believe in a very pedestrian philosophy...That’s his ego talking...

He wants to take pride in believing certain things out of the mainstream thinking of AA’s
Fine, but just realize you're also taking sides with the extreme right-wing-- KKK members, alt-righters, Nazis and many others far outside anybody’s mainstream.

It's because in his world, he is being a maverick free thinker. He is not taking sides with the "extreme right wing, etc.." Do you actually believe these leftist talking points? That's whats used to prevent the people he is freeing his thought from use to keep his people from voting off the plantation.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Also, WillTell, didn't you once imply poor people of color weren't perceptive enough to reach the same conclusions as you in your enlightened state?

I don't know where in the world you got that from, but it wasn't me!

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: underpass61

It's just a matter of time until Kanye goes to some Rap show and a stage hand cleans his clock.

You reap what you sow in the entertainment biz.

I personally think Kanye's a talentless clown. I'm just trying to understand why his words would be so dangerous that someone would be compelled to "clean his clock", and someone like you would feel it was justified. I guess the entertainment biz is just as oppressive as the rest of the world, perhaps more so.

Where did I say it was justified?

Sure sounds like justification to me. I'm assuming this stage hand doing the curb job on Kanye is a union member too?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Also, WillTell, didn't you once imply poor people of color weren't perceptive enough to reach the same conclusions as you in your enlightened state?

I don't know where in the world you got that from, but it wasn't me!

That's you, right? Or is there a team of people sharing your hack account?
edit on 1-5-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

The concept that he is freeing his thoughts is silly nonsense. He has the right to think what he wants.

If he is influenced by people around him, well that’s the condition of all of us who are around people of a certain belief system.

In this country, if one is around a certain group with one or another belief system that one doesn’t like, then just go to a library, or turn on the TV and seek people with other viewpoints.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

That post has nothing to do with your conclusions.

I think you do not understand what I mean.

Put on your thinking cap

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I still think they should be more mad at Muslims for starting the whole slavery thing and making it as large as it was, at least according to history.

And what gives that they aren't mad at their own people who are the ones that actually sold them into slavery anyways? Do people not read or learn real history anymore? They just want to be mad at those that owned slaves in the US alone?

Small minded, uneducated and misinformed....the 3 basic characteristics of every argument I've heard from most lately....

The truth is people just want a scapegoat for their own faults, downfalls and misgivings.....

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

All the Alt-right racists love the stupidity and blindness of a black man who wants to blame the victim.

This is Alt right nonsense. Kanye can be a hero of the alt-right. We'll see how far that gets him.

Trump cries every day about how the press is hurting him. Why is that justified? Is that Dragon energy, Isn't he being a victim

You people NEVER LOOK AT YOUR OWN BS

Can a POC not ever be an "Uncle Tom" in your worldview when they go against the horde? It seems to be the standard response of anyone who strays from the Democratic Bubble. It's scary and hilarious at the same time that people formally on his side now want to have Crips go after him. Like the Crips are some bastion of Black Normalness. Black people must not have an opinion that goes against Democratic Party Orthodoxy. The Same Democratic Party that would have open borders and Trans Rights more than more things for the average Black American.

I'm not saying Trump is some great Black Hope, but the Democrats sure haven't been stellar enough to warrant the 90% Votes for Dems.
edit on 1-5-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You had to bring in your Islamophobia in this.

As if slavery was invented by them

Your point is poisonous and pernicious nonsense

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

a reply to: mkultra11

The concept that he is freeing his thoughts is silly nonsense. He has the right to think what he wants.

If he is influenced by people around him, well that’s the condition of all of us who are around people of a certain belief system.

In this country, if one is around a certain group with one or another belief system that one doesn’t like, then just go to a library, or turn on the TV and seek people with other viewpoints.

You don't get it. To his peers, he obviously doesn't have the right to think what he wants. Your last sentence is just ridiculous and not very American at all.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

It's just a matter of time until Kanye goes to some Rap show and a stage hand cleans his clock.

Yeah being a free thinking individual is frowned on in the entertainment biz.

While we're on the topic of the entertainment industry and voluntary slavery, let's compare and contrast.
-The #MeToo movement has certainly exposed a massive trove of actresses, starlets, and child actors who were essentially raped by "massa" in the director's, producer's, or star's chair. -
-Disagreement with the elite liberal position on all things political will see massive damage done to you, now even threats of physical harm AND APPOLOGETICS defending those that would do said harm.
-You don't want to be branded in Hollywood because if you are, you'll forever wear it.
-The workers see minimal fruits of their labors while the bosses and their favored ones see windfalls.
-The entertainment industry is allowed to bend the rules or even block new laws (or in the case of the RIAA, force new, draconian laws through) thanks to the massive amounts of money the massa's give to politicians to keep their rackets legal and going.

Lotta plantations in Hollywood, it seems. Lotta plantations.

Big difference between Liberal and Republican in this area. Liberals ostracize those who are known to commit sex crimes, while the right celebrates them and tries to get them elected into office.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You and the people in the videos / sources you posted are being willfully ignorant. You all know very well what he meant, but you all have absolutely nothing against him legitimately so you're gunning with hopes that what you're willfully misconstruing will catch on.

I never liked Kanye, I never have and I more than likely won't start now. However, he's got a little more respect from me for speaking his mind instead of following others who ignorantly bash Trump because everyone else is. Remember, it's harder to go against the grain than it is with it, something he's doing and it shows guts.

And while we're on the topic of being mentally ill, do I really have to dig up a list over the democrats / ANTIFA / anyone else on the left that has had mental breakdowns and shot up either schools or other venues? Or those making death threats against people because they don't adhere to their political ideology?

Also, who is more mentally ill? Kanye for saying something you don't agree with or those who actually want to kill Kanye for what he said?

I mean really Willtell, grab a dose of reality.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Huh?

No...not at all actually.

Small minded is what I say when I mean someone that just wants to go just far back enough in history to judge others actions....believe me, white people weren't first on this planet.

Uneducated is what I say when I encounter the aforementioned, small minded person. This is because they have chosen to dig no further than what suited their already biased belief.

Misinformed is what I use when confronted with responses to stories like the OP that just go after whites because.....SLAVE.

So.....in your opinion, how far back do you go to be angry? I can guarantee whites didn't start slavery. I can guarantee you whites didn't sell their own people in Africa to slaves (mainly because there were none at the time to do so). I can actually go on and on, but if we are simply picking a time period in history to be pissed about then when should I begin? At the height of Africans being sold to the US?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Oh...and slavery certainly wasn't invented by whites in the US....so....what's your entire point here exactly?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Democrats can’t stand when the independent black man tries to leave their plantation. If you don’t support Democrats and refuse to see yourself as a victim you must be put back in your place.

It’s disgusting and passive racism.

Yeh he should stick with the republicans, the guys who always find a way to justify a black person killed by cop, the constant attack they get from you guys when they dare to protest and the only time you guys celebrate a black person is when they tow your line but when they don't, they are thugs, potential criminals and always guilty, no matter what.

Can't forget how you guys scour the net for any dirt you can dig up, when a black person is killed. Not to mention that you guys mock their experience of being a black person in America, in fact you guys are in this very thread doing that. Your side diminishes their experiencey, yet you know nothing of their experiences.

Yeh the right looks out for their best interests. (eye roll)
edit on 1-5-2018 by JohnRiggs because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2018 by JohnRiggs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I wish I had come in early enough for the drive-by "Right-wing whitesplainin' in 3...2...1..."

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnRiggs

originally posted by: Metallicus
Democrats can’t stand when the independent black man tries to leave their plantation. If you don’t support Democrats and refuse to see yourself as a victim you must be put back in your place.

It’s disgusting and passive racism.

Yeh he should stick with the republicans, the guys who always find a way to justify a black person killed by cop, the constant attack they get from you guys when the protest and the only time you guys celebrate a black person is when they tow your line but when they don't, they are thugs, potential criminals and always guilty, no matter what.

Can't forget how you guys scour the net for any dirt you can dig up, when a black person is killed. Not to mention that you guys mock their experience of being a black person in America, in fact you guys are in this very thread doing that. You think the minorities experience in America is not that bad and they should stop complaining, yet you know nothing of their experiences.

Yeh the right looks out for their best interests. (eye roll)

Nice...you're simply a "per capita" person I guess?

So...tell me...in the entire continent of Africa...how many whites were killed/murdered by blacks? My guess would be a much higher ratio than whites killing blacks in the US and would dwarf the cops killing blacks ratio. Maybe because the per capita is skewed a bit? So...which country do you pull your per capita ratio? Or is it only the US you're worried about.....but that would fit the "small minded" category I wrote about earlier....you fo realize that roughly only 1/15th of the entire world population is white right?

So should I claim minority since 1/85th of the rest of the world is not white? Again...where do you draw your lines here? 10 years? 100 years? 1000 years? US, North America, Earth?

Are you upset about that? I mean according to history we ALL came from Asia or Africa and no white people were around then....I don't recall whites even being in any religious text I've read.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The reason being given is hes creatively talented.

So to be truly black you can't have creativity or talent?

No. What he was saying is that Kanye was fortunate to have the talent and creativity to earn a fortune and celebrity that has given him a platform and that his experience isn't representative of 99.99999% of black people (or really people).

Or in Trumpspeak: he's an out-of-touch Establishment elite.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I wish I had come in early enough for the drive-by "Right-wing whitesplainin' in 3...2...1..."

Maybe you could enlighten us?

I am really just looking for that magic year I can refer back to in order to begin being pissed off at "anysomeonething" I can.

I have plenty of empathy for anyone that has had a wrong done to them. I have plenty of sympathy for those I've witnessed the wrong being done.

I have none for those that hold grudges for something they have neither witnessed nor lived. History is history. If you're going to use it then you should use it from the beginning, NOT from where is convenient for your narrative.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

He's saying he would have chosen to not be a slave.

It's easy to say that 150 years later when nobody's waiting to cut your balls off for your "choice."

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join