It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye West Calls Slavery A ‘Choice,’ Gets Schooled On History

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I challenge anyone to debate me on slavery being a choice.

Exhibit A. Spartacus.

Any questions?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
did anyone ever see A BRONX TALE?
what has mickey mantle ever done for you?

im psyched kanye can think for himself, and the fact that people are threatening his life over an opinion, and the media then encourages such behavior, proves the insanity of it all.

i think kanye is trying to tell people this.

i hated 0bama, klinton, buzh, hell even trummp now, they all murder for profit.
i do NOT hate anyone for liking anyone on that list.

the media tells you it is ok to hate someone based upon thoughts, that is because they are desperately trying to set up thought crimes in america, like europe and australia are enslaved in now.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

That’s utter nonsense.

What do you say to someone who says slavery of the 400 years of the black experience is a choice? He‘s not talking about now.

If he wants to speak in riddles then he has failed to communicate what he wants to say or you think that he’s saying or wants to say

He's saying he would have chosen to not be a slave.

Trust me... I speak Kanye.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It's just a matter of time until Kanye goes to some Rap show and a stage hand cleans his clock.

You reap what you sow in the entertainment biz.

+1 more 
posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

can you provide the time period that this 400 years covers? because if it's covering anything after 1865, then 'Mr I schooled Kanye on history' appears to be propagandising, which is likely why we are hearing about it - so that the low-infos can giggle at Kanye without realising they've just been sucked in to magic unicorn facts.

1865 through to 2018 doesn't count and this is likely why Kanye referred to it as a choice.

Anyway, carry on Maxine, carry on...........

As far as the institution of chattel slavery - the treatment of slaves as property - in the United States, if we use 1619 as the beginning and the 1865 Thirteenth Amendment as its end then it lasted 246 years, not 400
google

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The "You're an Uncle Tom Card™ " conveniently played in arguments between black people for over 160 years.

Some wallets need to be cleaned out and that card along with the victim card and the race card need to be cut in half and tossed. It's gotta be difficult for people like this Lathon guy to fly when he's wasted so much time cutting his own wings off.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

So the "take down" is someone telling kanye he isnt black enough to truly experience being black.

The reason being given is hes creatively talented.

So to be truly black you can't have creativity or talent?

I call BS.

Here we go...West likes Trump so the wheel is now turning to show everything West has done that can be pointed out as bad or wrong, time to totally discredit him...seems like the norm, and I'm not directing this to Willtell either

edit on 1-5-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: samuelsson

Just like you wouldnt have made a thread about kanye about this guy body slamming him to wall if Kanye was D not an R. IMHO.

Works both ways though.
Back when kanya was saying that bush doesn't like black people the right hated him for it but now that he is saying what they want to hear they embrace him....
edit on 1-5-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
It's just a matter of time until Kanye goes to some Rap show and a stage hand cleans his clock.

So it isn't who you know but who you blow and Kanye wasn't given permission to stop supporting the mob scene positions, is essentially what you're saying. Hmm... sounds an awful lot like a version of slavery, doesn't it? Are the entertainment industry unions actually unions, or are they chattels of the elites?

+5 more 
posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

So the "take down" is someone telling kanye he isnt black enough to truly experience being black.

The reason being given is hes creatively talented.

So to be truly black you can't have creativity or talent?

I call BS.

You have NO understanding of this!

He said NOTHING about being black. He spoke of legitimate social degradation of a group of people because they are black and that is NOT a choice.

I understand it clearly. I think you don't understand. Kanye was simply saying that for slavery to remain in place would require a calmness among the slaves that enabled its existence. Were there a resistance it likely would have been more trouble than it was worth. I don't know if i agree with it...but thats the gist behind his statement: that the slaves didn't fight against their shackles. And, as a continuation of a prior Tweet he had sent, that it was the Republican party that saved them. Which goes with prior texts that black people do not have to be tied to the Democrats, and that anyone speaking out of turn against them gets shouted down by them, and belittled.

WHich is exactly what has happened. And now you have death threats being made, too.

Proving every single point he is making every single step along the way. I used to think he was crazy. Now I think he's a genius playing a bunch of fools.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The "You're an Uncle Tom Card™ " conveniently played in arguments between black people for over 160 years.

Ya I think it is time to retire that card, any prior slaves disagree?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I see no one has yet accepted my challenge to debate whether or not slavery is a choice.

Exhibit B. The Underground Railroad and Harriet Tubman.

en.wikipedia.org...

+8 more 
posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

This is pretty sad.

Has Kanye sown violence?

How will he reap what he sows, when what is being reaped isn't what is being sown?

I get what you are saying...but you aren't making it easy.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

and thats how you know youre close to balance: being attacked by both sides.

link   
NM
edit on 5/1/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: samuelsson

Just like you wouldnt have made a thread about kanye about this guy body slamming him to wall if Kanye was D not an R. IMHO.

Works both ways though.
Back when kanya was saying that bush doesn't like black people the right hated him for it but now that he is saying what they want to hear they embrace him....

Personally I think he should be arrested for child abuse over his kids' names...

Saint, Chicago, and North.

Like really dude, what the hell?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Yeah being a free thinking individual is frowned on in the entertainment biz.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Man, this is the takedown of ALL TIME!

Some ordinary guy listens to Kanye's bizarre rap and quietly and efficiently TAKES HIM DOWN!

At about 1:50 in this video you will hear a devastating takedown of Kanye West

www.huffingtonpost.com...

“When you hear about slavery for 400 years ... for 400 years? That sounds like a choice,” West said.

That’s when Lathan hopped up and said he didn’t think West was thinking anything. “I think what you’re doing right now is actually the absence of thought and the reason why I feel like that is because, Kanye, you’re entitled to your opinion,” said Lathan. The sportswriter and podcast host then explained what it’s like being a black man when you’re not famous or creatively talented like Kanye West:

You’re entitled to believe whatever you want, but there is fact and real world, real life consequence behind everything you just said. And while you are making music and being an artist and living the life that you’ve earned by being a genius, the rest of us in society have to deal with these threats to our lives. We have to deal with the marginalization that has come from the 400 years of slavery that you said for our people was a choice. Lathan said he was not only “disappointed” and “appalled,” but also hurt: “I am unbelievably hurt by the fact that you have morphed into something, to me, that is not real.”

When one speaks from the heart some light and truth come forth, that's what we witness in this video

Maybe they should be mad at Muslims....they started the African slavery thing and far surpassed anyone else doing it back in the day.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

All the Alt-right racists love the stupidity and blindness of a black man who wants to blame the victim.

This is Alt right nonsense. Kanye can be a hero of the alt-right. We'll see how far that gets him.

Trump cries every day about how the press is hurting him. Why is that justified? Is that Dragon energy, Isn't he being a victim

You people NEVER LOOK AT YOUR OWN BS

So you took from this one is not supposed to defend themselves?
edit on 5/1/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

That’s utter nonsense.

What do you say to someone who says slavery of the 400 years of the black experience is a choice? He‘s not talking about now.

If he wants to speak in riddles then he has failed to communicate what he wants to say or you think that he’s saying or wants to say

He did not word his answer very well at all.

What he meant is slavery is over, it is a choice to continue to be victimized by it.

Think about this for a second. Do you honestly believe Kanye thinks it was a choice for black people to be slaves? If you can think logically you know that is not what he meant.

Slavery was ended in 1865 - the fact he was talking about 400 years - which is how long it is from its beginnings to today is clear evidence he was talking about the effects of slavery on psychology and not actual slavery.

This is just like people jumping on Trump for saying there was good people on both sides at charlotesville. What trump meant was there was people in favor of the statues being left up and people against. He was correct by the way - there were people that had nothing to do with the white nationalists who were there to protest the statue being torn down.

But leftists instead want to jump to the absurd conclusion that trump was basically declaring himself a KKK sympathizer on national television. There are many that still believe this to this day, with absolutely zero evidence to back it up other than their hatred for Trump.
edit on 1-5-2018 by proximo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join