It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Admits Error in Statement on Iran Nuclear Weapons Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
A little "mistake" made by the White House about Iran's nuke program has the MSM reeling so deep the bobbers they grabbed might get the bends when they float back to the surface.

Apparently a clever one-letter "error" in the words "Had" vs "Has" is causing major panic.

"Iran has a robust, clandestine nuclear weapons program."

was "changed" to:

"Iran had a robust, clandestine nuclear weapons program."

Can only imagine what France and Germany are "thinking" today. Bet their accountants are hyper-ventilating !!

bwaaaaahahahaha 😎

oh-so-touchy and nit-picky !! 😃

White House Admits Error in Statement on Iran Nuclear Weapons Program - Reports

WASHINGTON (Sputnik) - A US national security spokesman blamed a "clerical error" for a mistake in a White House statement that falsely claimed Iran currently has a nuclear weapons program, media reported on Tuesday.

"The original White House statement included a clerical error, which we quickly detected and fixed," a national security council spokesman told CNN. "To be clear, the United States has long known that Iran had a robust, clandestine nuclear weapons program."

The White House issued a statement on Monday saying that "Iran has a robust, clandestine nuclear weapons program."

edit on May-01-2018 by xuenchen because: 💡🔑

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
OMG! Impeach, Impeach! A russian ploy I say!

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
OMG! Impeach, Impeach! A russian ploy I say!

It's code !!

"S" = С in Russian

"D" = Д in Russian

"DC" bwaaahahaha

😎

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Could it be "Had" means somebody has destroyed a "facility" in Iran ?

Like real recently.

😎

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Could mean the difference between war or not going to war. No big deal. Trump lives in fairy tale land as do most of his sycophants.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

Trump lives in fairy tale land as do most of his sycophants.

^These are the kind of statements that will get Trump back in office in 2020. Stop trying to label his supporter base as ignorant. So many democrats and anti-Trumpers can't seem to get why they having nothing in common with the regular working class conservatives.

As far as the error. It isn't even worth talking about to be honest. They made a small incalculable error, lets freak out about it. I mean really.
edit on 1-5-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Is the iran deal the reason they don't have one anymore. hmmmmm

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

WTF does everything on this site always have to boil down to Trump or anyone else for that matter.

The simple facts here are that the USA is a rogue state and has gone to war for less. Remember Iraq, WMDs, we know really that you don't have them but we're going to war anyway. Remember Afghanistan ? The USA invaded a sovereign nation to get one bearded goat hearder, and they''re still there.

Netanyahu is making noises, that means he may get his bitch the USA to do something stupid and I'm fairly sure they'll be only too happy to oblige.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

? BUT ?

!! Russians !!

🤦

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Aren’t we supposed to be happy when someone corrects a mistake? I wish more in the MSM corrected their fake news.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I knew it!

Total chaos in the white house, Trump is totally useless my ongoing hatred for someone that has nothing to do with the state of the world that i despise continues

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

if they did then when would they actually get time to lie about developing "stories"??

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If it was "has", and that was the correct word, woudn't that indicate the previous administrations efforts were useless to prevent them getting that tech in the first place?

The word, "had", being past tense, means they had one in the last administration, but do not now.

So, regardless of the word tense, it sure implies the previous administration didn't do the job as well as advertised.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Clandestine= kept secret or performed secretly. The moment the Mosad brilliantly bitchslapped Tehran and exposed this program to the world, the programed stopped being a secret, thus "had." They still have the program, only everyone now knows about it.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Clandestine= kept secret or performed secretly. The moment the Mosad brilliantly bitchslapped Tehran and exposed this program to the world, the programed stopped being a secret, thus "had." They still have the program, only everyone now knows about it.

Really?

This statement is so obviously childish, that it just blows ones mind ... it's like all those "It's gonna be WWIII" statements ... ludicrous ... not just because the russians are woossies.

Thinking about this, mr. Israel comes out and points to Iran "you are developing nukes". Miss Vladimir Putin answers: "All should equally abide by the treaty". Now, what does she mean by that? Maybe talking about mr. Israel, who is hiding his own nukes in his basement ... illegal ones.

And then, the obvious answer ... why should Iran hide its program? Counter productive, as a nuke is only useful as a strategic weapon. Hiding it, isn't "strategy" ... that is only done by the "master race" who hides them, because he intends to use them. Of course, maybe Iran also has the intention of "using" it, but if it hasn't been able to develop one in the 50+ years it´s "supposedly" been trying ... they probably don´t have the IQ to develop one anyway.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MightyMidget
And then, the obvious answer ... why should Iran hide its program? Counter productive, as a nuke is only useful as a strategic weapon. Hiding it, isn't "strategy" ... that is only done by the "master race" who hides them, because he intends to use them. Of course, maybe Iran also has the intention of "using" it, but if it hasn't been able to develop one in the 50+ years it´s "supposedly" been trying ... they probably don´t have the IQ to develop one anyway.

Nobody has said Iran successfully created a nuclear warhead, only that they have been working towards that end. Very, VERY few nations have advertised the fact that they were developing nukes until they already had successful tests. They stand to lose everything and gain nothing by letting enemies know that... it's sort of like telling the next door meth head "In two weeks I'm going to get two Doberman Pincers to protect that new 4K TV and gaming system I just got." and then coming home to find your house ransacked. You inform after you have obtained because it then serves as a deterrent.

The idea here is to keep Iran from obtaining actual nukes, period.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

By way of comparison

edit on Rpm50118v08201800000039 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

i thought you were following Q? he has already spelled it out for us the strikes in syria were on secret iranian nuke facilities. including the one that occurred just 2 or 3 days ago,
this one

note the size of the blast is very much alike the size of a moab, it may have been a moab... you'd understand the significance of that if you've been following Q. link to Q's post in my sig.

edit on 1-5-2018 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Could it be "Had" means somebody has destroyed a "facility" in Iran ?

Like real recently.

😎

OR the Iran Deal is working and they have shut down their program. Your first thought is war.... not a good thing dude.
edit on 1-5-2018 by Pyle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Speech was hacked by Russian bots.

new topics

top topics

join