It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost 70% of 8th Grader are Stupid...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
According to the National Assessment of Education Progress test, 67% of public school 8th graders are not proficient in Math and 65% are not proficient in English. W to the T to the F!

Public School Kids are Stupid

The sad thing is that in some districts, practically all the kids aren't proficient. I read an article that in Baltimore, 1/3rd of the schools didn't have a SINGLE GOD DAMN KID that was proficient at math. NOT ONE. Baltimore Kids are Even Dumber

How is this possible with all the money we spend on education locally and the billions of dollars the fed steals from us every year to fund the Dept of Education?

While I am no friend of the teacher's unions, I believe results like this are a reflection of how some segments of our society are just failing at parenting. Schools reflect the communities they serve. Good public schools aren't good because of the teachers, but because the majority of students come from homes that expect academic excellence. In many areas, public schools have become glorified day care and social service programs, not places of higher learning.

Discuss...

Our children are lied to and this is a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY......the people responsible for controlling the peer approved published word are to BLAME....they are OLDE MONEY...they are the root of the evil....find em name em remediate em.

Why aren't kids taught the truths we know of...why doesn't anyone fight for them...fortheir reality and for their future...the blackhats have been fighting to destroy and control them for 200 years....its time to fight back.

Why don't schools teach about Nicola Tesla and Royal Rife and Hulda Clark and Victor Grbennikov many many many more....its time to bring down the hammer on these humanitarian pirates.....and we know how...follow the books...because following the money always brings you to the books which brings you to the people who OWN the publishing companies which brings you to those who control the peer approval process which controls our world on every level including the science and education levels and the judiciary levels.
edit on 2-5-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BloodStainedGlass
In other news, water is wet.

I did some dumb stuff in school, anyone else?

My kid was homeschooled.

She was never stupid.

No one did dumb stuff except you.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: BloodStainedGlass
In other news, water is wet.

I did some dumb stuff in school, anyone else?

My kid was homeschooled.

She was never stupid.

No one did dumb stuff except you.

Parents who strive to homeschool serve as a checkvalve for their children and are displaying due dilligance....which in todays world is admirable....best gift an old man could ever give his daughter IMHO.Kudos.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

John Dewey started this Deep State pedagogy with help from his friends in The Order.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
AND it's going to get worse.

How is this possible with all the money we spend on education locally and the billions of dollars the fed steals from us every year to fund the Dept of Education?

No kind of accountability. From the City Council level all the way up to the Guvna (can't have your crown jewel a cracked jewel). The crazy part is that these schools are underfunded as they are currently being administered.

I agree with you, this is insane. Just as bad in Detroit.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

That doesn't necessarily mean there isn't enough money though. It could just as easily mean the money is being mismanaged by corrupt or inept administrators.

A lot of districts are top-heavy in administrators, particularly at the district office levels.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That probably reflects more on the teachers than the students.

And who calls kids stupid and dumb?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My son took the ASVAB test at MEPS yesterday. He's joining the navy.
His math scores were so high they signed him for the nuclear engineering program and are giving him a nice little signing bonus.
Off topic I know. I just though I'd take this opportunity to brag a little. Lol.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

First let me say Thank you. Teachers are gold or can be anyway. $$$. Gets the better ones. We must invest more in our educational systems and teachers.
Social issues and broken homes...how do you fix that? Education and opportunity sure but a lot of misguided behavior is learned in the home in the fundamental years. Witnessing abuse or neglect or drug or alcohol abuse. Things that are spurred by poverty and ignorance. The mark is made before kindergarten sometimes. And you can do a lot between 8AM and 3PM but what happens after that? Teachers can only do so much.
We need programs that attend kids after school AND we need programs to teach parenting and we need programs to deal with drug and alcohol problems and nobody wants to pay for those things even though we'd all gain by the investment.
Where does our future come from otherwise?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated The goal of the public school system is indoctrination into the system. It discourages independent thinking or reasoning ability. The goal of each school is to get federal funding by having kids pass a test. Rather than truly educating each child the pressure on the teacher is to get these kids to answer the approved questions. Apparently, they are not even able to do that.

Most kids do not receive proper nutrition and that makes it difficult to think. Also, the distraction of social media and technical gadgets are not helping anything. The cards are stacked against these kids. If they want to learn they will have to do it on their own of find a mentor.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Title irony! Wanna go back and fix that?

Only if you fix your "Wanna". I knew the grammar and punctuation Nazis would come out.

Then save yourself the trouble.

I was speaking in slang which isn't an education issue. It's a culture 'thang'. You, however, displayed a lax in education in the title (and your post). YUGE difference.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Aazadan

Not in the school system I learned in.

Pre-Algebra = 7th

Algebra = 8th

yes...
i should have been more clear in my earlier posts. i forget there was pre-algebra.
so to clarify my earlier posts, pre-algebra in 7th and algebra in 8th.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Only if you fix your "Wanna". I knew the grammar and punctuation Nazis would come out.

I was speaking in slang which isn't an education issue. It's a culture 'thang'. You, however, displayed a lax in education in the title (and your post). YUGE difference.

Nope. It is me not giving a damn about typos and grammar as it is an internet message board. I have more important things to worry about than proof reading something I typed out fast. It isn't a published article going in the NY Times or some report I am working on for my job. Get a life.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Nope. It is me not giving a damn about typos and grammar as it is an internet message board. I have more important things to worry about than proof reading something I typed out fast. It isn't a published article going in the NY Times or some report I am working on for my job. Get a life.

Oh man... I musta REALLY triggered you.

Who butchers a title about ignorance with ignorance? That's like calling the kettle black. I'm simply pointing out the irony. No need to get all touchy about it. Still... Why would you post about an issue when you yourself seems to have the same problem?

"I play football, on da football field... with a football. And these... are mah shoulder-ma-pads".

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That's as good a reason as any to brag! I certainly would!

Good luck to him!

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Sounds like your school system was structured similar to mine.

Ours had a dual track math system. About half the kids went through the top track like I did. It put them in position to either pursue advanced math in high school or complete their math requirements early and focus on other things. The other half were a year behind and actually didn't get to algebra until 9th and had less time to focus on other subjects and electives in high school because they had to spend more time on math when they got there.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

One thing most parents can agree on is a judicious brag.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

No, it doesn't.

Education in America isn't the greatest. Won't argue that, at all.

But ignorance is no ones excuse but the one who is ignorant. Blame teachers all you want, won't change the fact that an ignorant individual has no one to blame but him, or her, self in the end.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

from the early 60's to the late 70's our elementary and grade school was top notch. the system went into decline sometime in the mid 80's.

a few years ago, i visited home. my childhood friend and i walked around the town. the school that once was nice is now a shadow of what it once was. it actually made me sad. what has happened to this country? it isn't a democrat or republican thing. we've had democrat leaders, we've had republican leaders. neither party did anything to address the decline the quality of education in the united states. we as a people need to come together and figure out a solution. i'm afraid it may be too late and too big a problem to correct.

i'm bummed out now.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

It seems to me like when they say they're making school more challenging for kids, what is actually happening is an erosion of the actual rigor of academics.

Each new iteration injects a bunch of fancy sounding buzzwords, but the kids don't learn more at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join