It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democratic Party is Collapsing, Blue Wave in Peril?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Touche, haha remember in 2006 when they won in a landslide because they claimed they didn't like war?? That was a laugher.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The democratic party has been dead a long time. What is happening now is that they are finally fully admitting their true form and soon will transmogrify into their most dominant state. Why this is happening now is because they realize that the republican party is the one that is actually collapsing and see that this is their time to make an attempt at total control. People always point to Trump winning the election as evidence of the opposite, but what really happened? An outsider completely decimated the republican establishment. No republican wanted Trump in he beginning. Fox news spent every minute of their programming railing against him. Now they spend all their time on other news media outlets that do they same today. They've become completely subservient to a fraud.

Think about, too, that if not for the electoral college the GOP probably would not have had a candidate win an election for the last 30 years. What is happening and what people think is happening are two vastly different things. The GOP is about to go red giant and then disappear from the universe for good. Which will hopefully be a good thing in the end because it should give rise to a right-leaning body politic that actually has intellectually integrity instead of serving an archaic socially conservative platform. We just have to ride out the nightmare that is the new progressive left in the mean time. And boy, it is going to be ugly.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth

An interesting take but I disagree. What we saw in 2016 was the entrenched GOP (closet open borders, big government loving, interventionist, fake conservative, etc) lose control of their party to the base. Much like we saw in 2010, 2012, and 2014. The republican party has been undergoing a transformation from dem-lite to more truly conservative since the fincancial crisis and their acquiescence to the bank and auto bailouts.

There's nothing less capitalistic and less conservative than "too big to fail." That was the end of the line for them. They didn't know it, but they're finally starting to understand that they don't have the power they used to.

They primaried the house majority leader (canter) and the elites didn't even see it coming. They purged boehner. They've purged ryan. They beat out jeb! and rubio with an outsider. It may take some time, but there is a lot of young blood in the GOP and over the last 8 years a lot of progress has been made. Remember, republicans weren't going to win another national election for a generation. Yet here we are in 2018 with the most republican power in government in 100 years.

The republican party has been in revolution for almost a decade and it looks stronger than ever. Conversely, dems have been in decline over that decade. Their ranks are filled with old white people, everywhere, whom they demonize constantly. They rigged their primary and discouraged biden from running to let hillary win. They even spied on the opposition campaign to ensure a democrat victory, then she lost. If the dems want to start their revolution, good on them, but good luck. The republicans have monopolized the winning messages (fair and free trade, lower taxes, states rights, border control, pro-life, pro-2a, common sense immigration law, and de-scheduling pot) and they're trying to get that message through to the brainwashed leftist masses (see kanye, pewdiepie, etc). I'll wait anxiously to see what issues they think they can win on.
edit on 1-5-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I love delusions. You think the country is with you guys but your guy only won because the FBI came out with that Clinton email crap a few days before election and then turned around and say..oh it was nothing. They won't be there next time and this time they will be taking him seriously but not because he is a threat to win next term, just that they want to make sure this time the people are out to vote. Next time he will lose in a landslide.

But yeh, delusions. LOL
edit on 1-5-2018 by JohnRiggs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Cycles.... One year the wrestler in the mask wins the belt, the next year, it's the guy without the mask that wins. Bottom line, they all get paid by the same boss. It's a big crooked-ass club and we're not in it.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Within the womb,
sharks feed upon their brethren.

Your Handle always brings this to
mind. Even though it is unrelated.

The Fairlight : en.wikipedia.org...

One of the first Music Computers.
Esteemed by many in the day.

S&F

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Nancy Pelosi will have even more Egg on her face if the "Blue Wave" doesn't materialize. Today, Nancy said that she's looking forward to replacing Paul Ryan in the powerful Speaker of the House position.

Source: www.breitbart.com...

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Polls are useless. They are a findings of...those that participate. Those that have something to say. Both pro and con whatever the poll is about. The majority that doesn't have time for that nonsense aren't represented.

I heard somebody talk about this

the polls/pollsters generally skew democrat until just before the election, when they become more accurate.

the goal is to promote the democrats early, and get it right at the last moment to protect their reputation.

media in general nothing but democrat operatives.

I really hope and pray more and more USA citizens wake up to the lies and bias of the media, and the leftist extremism of the democrats.

the Republicans are not perfect but I'd rather have a do-nothing government than a do-everything-wrong government.

if anything I'm hoping for more Republicans in congress next year, esp the senate.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

... really? So because your union says you should vote dem, the dems like you? Tell me, when I say "You're a white male" what do you think? Am I friendly to you? Why do you think I am or am not? Where did that feeling originate?

well yeah and stating a fact that I am a white male really gives no clue as to whether or not you are friendly to me. I will assume if not yes, at least not hateful until proven otherwise.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnRiggs

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Soon enough, Congress will flip to Democratic Party control, and then the Presidency.

I refuse to believe there's a majority of American voters so heinously idiotic and short on memory to repeat the disasterpiece that was 2009-2011. Too soon... Total Dem control has become the new "another Bush presidency" and you can ask Jeb how that worked out.

This administration is a disaster and thanks to the man in charge, the world laughs at America.

The "majority of American voters are not so heinously idiotic, after all the majority did not vote Trump.

Really? Looks to me like the world isn't laughing as much as the haters wish it would. The Koreas are sincerely discussing reunification with the NorKs offering to denuclearize, Russia flapped their gums about "consequences" of hitting Assad, then sat back down and have been very timidly quiet since, France's PM was just in DC and seemed to get along quite well with the President of the United States, China certainly hasn't been laughing as the trade policy changes have forced them to make serious concessions to the US, Iran sure as hell isn't laughing as we're about to extract ourselves from a piss-poor deal Obama signed us into illegally, so spill the beans, who's laughing?

Additionally, how has any of this been a disaster?

C'mon...who would take this man seriously. lol He can't seem to fill admin seats and when he tries, his people , when vetted, turn out to be the absolute worse people alive. He acts like a child when his feelers are hurt and lashes out on twitter by calling people names...he has a tantrum like a grade schooler. He is barely coherent..basically is a stupid stupid man which is obvious when speaks. When talking about world topics, he never gets into any details about what he is going to change nor does he seem to understand the specific reason for this change, just that it is bad, horrible, not a good deal...etc, never any specifics.

Watch him as he sits with other leaders, he has this blank look which shows he has no clue what people are talking about. You have other leaders who are very articulate in what they want, then here comes Trump and he opens his mouth...god what an idiot.

Of course other world leaders are going to respectful but take a look around the world, the people don't respect him, he has become America's embarrassment.

TDS in full effect y'all!

In 30 years that post will be in textbooks as Exhibit A of TDS.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jumanji
The whole world is pretty much far right right now. America. Turkey. Israel. Britain. France. It's crazy.

You think Britain and France are far right? Really? You can't be serious.

If Britain is far right then Canada is too. How many people do you think would believe Canada is far right? O? 1?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

So you're a low information voter. No shame in that. Maybe next month you can venture outside your union family bubble.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Nothing is collapsing. Elections run in cycles. We're in a Republican upturn right now, but it will swing back as it always has, and there will be a Democrat upturn. Soon enough, Congress will flip to Democratic Party control, and then the Presidency. After that, Congress will flip again to Republican control and on, and on.

neither party has enough votes to win anything with their core supporters so it all depends on the swing voting moderates out there to decide when a flip happens and how long it lasts.

Its all BS anyway, the same ruling class owns both parties. Just try to enjoy your life, have a roof over your head and food to eat. I don't think it will ever change. They put all this theater on to let us think we have control over our society and the political process, but its all bought and paid for and the OWNERS agenda is the only one that counts.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I love delusions. You think the country is with you guys but your guy only won because the FBI came out with that Clinton email crap a few days before election and then turned around and say..oh it was nothing. They won't be there next time and this time they will be taking him seriously but not because he is a threat to win next term, just that they want to make sure this time the people are out to vote. Next time he will lose in a landslide.

But yeh, delusions. LOL

Stopped after your first sentence because I thought I would die from laughter!!! Sore loser is a sore loser. Better luck in 2024.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

Nothing is collapsing. Elections run in cycles. We're in a Republican upturn right now, but it will swing back as it always has, and there will be a Democrat upturn. Soon enough, Congress will flip to Democratic Party control, and then the Presidency. After that, Congress will flip again to Republican control and on, and on.

neither party has enough votes to win anything with their core supporters so it all depends on the swing voting moderates out there to decide when a flip happens and how long it lasts.

Its all BS anyway, the same ruling class owns both parties. Just try to enjoy your life, have a roof over your head and food to eat. I don't think it will ever change. They put all this theater on to let us think we have control over our society and the political process, but its all bought and paid for and the OWNERS agenda is the only one that counts.

You're on point here. The more I listen to Max Igan the more I'm seeing past the illusion. But come on, you gotta admit watching the cry babies is pure comedy gold.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Just revealed that GOOGLE interfered in the 2018 U.S. elections, and their interference had a SUBSTANTIAL impact.

twitter.com...

Go get 'em Mr. Barr!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join