It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democratic Party is Collapsing, Blue Wave in Peril?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Mach2

It is statistically impossible for a poll of 1000 ppl to have an accuracy of +-5%, as the pollsters like to purport.

You're either a statistical genius or a moron. Explain.

1000 ppl represent .00003% of a gen pop of 300 million. If a sample size is that small, the margin of error is greater than 5%.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Soon enough, Congress will flip to Democratic Party control, and then the Presidency.

I refuse to believe there's a majority of American voters so heinously idiotic and short on memory to repeat the disasterpiece that was 2009-2011. Too soon... Total Dem control has become the new "another Bush presidency" and you can ask Jeb how that worked out.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

SNIP Learn a little more about the math behind the statistics. It all makes sense and yes, a sample size of 1068 people in a population of 185,000,000 (number of voters) will give you a result that's accurate within 3%, 95% of the time. You only need about 385 people to get a result that's accurate within 5%, 95% of the time. But it does have to be a random sampling of the population.
edit on 1-5-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/1/2018 by Blaine91555 because: Snipped personal insult.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

The day will come when a future dictator will take control of the US government and abolish both political parties. It is not Trump but someone a few decades from now....

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

If he just abolishes parties, that would be a net positive.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Uhhhh at what price? What if this dictator starts ripping the Constitution and deploys stormtroopers to suppress free speech?
edit on 5/1/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have never been officially polled (not counting ATS), but if I had been it would show my utter disdain for both parties.

The swamp is more like a sewer now and I am sure idiots on both sides come election time will endorse the ones responsible for the mess again.

If you are not voting 3rd party you are part of the problem and if you are voting for the two party claiming that your candidate is against the system then you are the fool among fools.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

You sound so much more aware and intelligent than the rest of us on ATS. Please share more of your superior insights with us morons.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Soon enough, Congress will flip to Democratic Party control, and then the Presidency.

I refuse to believe there's a majority of American voters so heinously idiotic and short on memory to repeat the disasterpiece that was 2009-2011. Too soon... Total Dem control has become the new "another Bush presidency" and you can ask Jeb how that worked out.

This administration is a disaster and thanks to the man in charge, the world laughs at America.

The "majority of American voters are not so heinously idiotic, after all the majority did not vote Trump.
edit on 1-5-2018 by JohnRiggs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You think the blue wave is over? You posted a poll to show this but that same poll shows dems above reps.

Also did you look at this poll? Direction of Country

Fifty seven percent disapprove of what is happening in this country while only thirty five agree. Trump will need a miracle in the next two years in order to win again. Last time no one took him seriously and with a little help from the FBI (you know the Clinton email thing days before the election), he pulled off a victory and something tells me that the FBI will not be there for the next time. They will be taking it seriously this time which is bad news for him.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnRiggs

This administration is a disaster and thanks to the man in charge, the world laughs at America.

The "majority of American voters are not so heinously idiotic, after all the majority did not vote Trump.

Really? Looks to me like the world isn't laughing as much as the haters wish it would. The Koreas are sincerely discussing reunification with the NorKs offering to denuclearize, Russia flapped their gums about "consequences" of hitting Assad, then sat back down and have been very timidly quiet since, France's PM was just in DC and seemed to get along quite well with the President of the United States, China certainly hasn't been laughing as the trade policy changes have forced them to make serious concessions to the US, Iran sure as hell isn't laughing as we're about to extract ourselves from a piss-poor deal Obama signed us into illegally, so spill the beans, who's laughing?

Additionally, how has any of this been a disaster?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
“You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”

Often attributed to Abraham Lincoln.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Anyone who truly thinks there will be and end to the Democrats, is horribly delusional, or just plain stupid.

It always goes back and forth. Prepare your delusional/stupid selves for that.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnRiggs

Really? Looks to me like the world isn't laughing as much as the haters wish it would. The Koreas are sincerely discussing reunification with the NorKs offering to denuclearize, Russia flapped their gums about "consequences" of hitting Assad, then sat back down and have been very timidly quiet since, France's PM was just in DC and seemed to get along quite well with the President of the United States, China certainly hasn't been laughing as the trade policy changes have forced them to make serious concessions to the US, Iran sure as hell isn't laughing as we're about to extract ourselves from a piss-poor deal Obama signed us into illegally, so spill the beans, who's laughing?

Additionally, how has any of this been a disaster?

C'mon...who would take this man seriously. lol He can't seem to fill admin seats and when he tries, his people , when vetted, turn out to be the absolute worse people alive. He acts like a child when his feelers are hurt and lashes out on twitter by calling people names...he has a tantrum like a grade schooler. He is barely coherent..basically is a stupid stupid man which is obvious when speaks. When talking about world topics, he never gets into any details about what he is going to change nor does he seem to understand the specific reason for this change, just that it is bad, horrible, not a good deal...etc, never any specifics.

Watch him as he sits with other leaders, he has this blank look which shows he has no clue what people are talking about. You have other leaders who are very articulate in what they want, then here comes Trump and he opens his mouth...god what an idiot.

Of course other world leaders are going to respectful but take a look around the world, the people don't respect him, he has become America's embarrassment.
edit on 1-5-2018 by JohnRiggs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
as a Millennial let me tell you what, we are VERY tired of getting blamed for the economic situation we are facing and the out of control mandatory college education that leaves you in debt for 300k and without the skills you need to compete in the workforce

not only is that true but we have had the internet for most of our lives so we didn't spend 30 years being fed lies and are less susceptible to them

I go to Dan Bongino, Jimmy Dore and Ky Kulinski from Secular Talk everday for my left/ right information and you know what's weird?

I find myself agreeing with almost everything they say. Now Dan is a Republican but a lot of people my age are turning to that party because at least they claim to be for freedom which we want.

Jimmy and Kyle cover the progressive angle and that appeals to us as well because we know as much as we want freedom we want everyone to be able to enjoy it not just the authoritarians in charge.

Don't get me wrong there is a large section of dummies at the younger ages who aren't thinking correctly but they will come around like my age group has, I'm 32.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnRiggs

Oh goodness, what a rebuttal!

C'mon...who would take this man seriously.

Off to a stellar start. Your incredulity isn't evidence of anything.

lol He can't seem to fill admin seats with people who, when vetted, are the absolute worse people alive.

Who is laughing about that? Again, the question was who is laughing.

He acts like a child when his feelers are hurt and lashes out on twitter by calling people names...he has a tantrum like a grade schooler. He is barely coherent..basically is a stupid stupid man which is obvious when speaks.

Even if this were true, and it's not, you still haven't answered the question asked. Again, it was: who are these people on the world stage laughing.

barely coherent..basically is a stupid stupid man which is obvious when speaks. When talking about world topics, he never gets into any details about what he is going to change nor does he seem to understand the specific reason for this change, just that it is bad, horrible, not a good deal...etc, never any specifics.

Three points, the president isn't a legislator and therefore specifics aren't his problem. Second, his results speaks volumes. Third, who is laughing?

Watch him as he sits with other leaders, he has this blank look which shows he has no clue what people are talking about. You have other leaders who are very articulate in what they want, then here comes Trump and he opens his mouth...god what an idiot.

There it is, you don't like trump and see him as a fool, despite his major accomplishments. Now let me ask you a question, why is it that only republican presidents are the biggest morons to ever grace the presidency? Obama was the smartest man ever, Clinton before him. Both bush's were idiots, reagan was a foolish actor, now trump is the dumbest of them all. Do you honestly believe that garbage fed to you by the media? You really ought to step back and see the forest for the trees.

Of course other world leaders are going to respectful but take a look around the world, the people don't respect him, he has become America's embarrassment.

Finally answered the question! Now, how do you feel about President Xi from china? How about justin "if you kill your enemies they win" trudeau? Do you think the people of those countries care what you think about their leaders?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Where are you going to college for 300k that's leaving you with no skills??? Goodness, that's insanity!

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

that's nearly every college in the country

people graduate not with a specialization they graduate with general degrees to only be apprenticed in the workforce at low wages because they spent 5 years memorizing irrelevant facts rather than learning how to actually do the damn job

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I seem to recall that just prior to the last big election everybody was going on about how the Republican party was collapsing. They're still sharply divided over Trump, and if they can't come up with candidates they can all get behind, they're also circling the drain.

So next election, I'm either voting Whig or Bull Moose.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

political parties in general are the problem because parties are based on specific ideology and policy, the politics become the focal point, while america and the american people become secondary issues.

3rd parties have the same problem of ideology as any other party does.

people need to forget ideology and remember what really matters, our peoples and our nation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join