It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Joys of Being Ambidextrous

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I can pat my head and rub my stomach at the same time.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I can pat my head and rub my stomach at the same time.

Cool but I hope this doesn't lead to other body parts touching.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
One advantage in school was when tired of writing I would switch the pen to the other hand.
Ever tried writing like DaVinci ?? (mirror text)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

While eating a cheese pizza.

Wait, I thought that was what you were drinking.

I use pizza the same way others use a nicotine patch.

It's the only way I can get through mid morning until lunch.

Lol. Do you just take a slice and stick it to your arm and wear it until lunch ?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
A while back I thought about this and have been trying to do more things with my left hand and it can be learned. My left is still the dumb hand, but it's in school now, so we will see if it graduates.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

While eating a cheese pizza.

Wait, I thought that was what you were drinking.

I use pizza the same way others use a nicotine patch.

It's the only way I can get through mid morning until lunch.

Lol. Do you just take a slice and stick it to your arm and wear it until lunch ?

I keep a small cheese pizza under each armpit.

It's the only way to be sure.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I am Ambidextrous, right and left handed.....depends on the task.
I iron clothes with both hands, depends on what I am ironing.

I was born a left handed person. I can only write left-handed. I reach left-handed.

Certain tasks were learned right handed.....I use scissors right handed only. I learned to knit right-handed.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
Not sure if I'm considered ambidextrous or not, but I eat and write left handed, and everything else I do right handed. My left arm is my stronger one though.

Same here except I also shoot pool left handed and I'm stronger with my right arm.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Ummm...know what you mean man...I was ambidextrous when I was a young'un...I would draw and write with both hands at the same time...

All until my teachers in their infinite wisdom forced me to use only my right hand...however later in life when I dislocated my right shoulder and elbow...I had to write with my left hand and it was no big deal...

I'm still primarily a...rightie...but do use my left fairly equally when it comes to tools and such...
Unfortunately...I throw like a girl...with my left arm...

I just tried writing with my left hand and I must say...it was very legible...and in cursive no less...

Yay for me...

YouSir

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

I consider myself ambidextrous, although I can write with my left hand and sign my name, it all comes out mirrored.

I used to love playing Badminton, and didn't have a weak side as I'd mainly swap the racket from hand to hand if I needed to. Same with snooker, used to really annoy people that I could just swap hands.

For years I just considered it normal that if doing some task my arm got tired I'd swap to the other. I don't believe I ever taught myself to use both, it just happened.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Ambidextral refers to those who can use both hands as well as a right-hander’s right hand (so, really well), and ambisinistral can be used to describe people who use both hands as well as a right-hander’s left hand (that is, somewhat clumsily)

mentalfloss.com - 11 Facts About the Ambidextrous.

I'll be d@mned! I learned something today!

The term ambisinistral is used for people that do things like switch to south paw or shoot free throws with either hand. It can be a learned thing. I think I remember being slapped for writing with my left hand back in school (they could do that back then! Now, I would have a fleet of lawyers and #website up in 30 minutes!!), and it looks like it! My handwriting is awful! Funny, I snowboard "goofy foot" (right-foot forward), which actually works out on the chair lift! All pals that I snowboard with are goofy foot (feets?) as well! I broke my right thumb in a drunken accident and it didn't slow me down a bit. Even signed my bar tab with my left! It also comes in handy when playing a left-handed guitar! I can play campfire chords while most lefties can't even strum!

Put me in the "ambisinistral" camp!
edit on 1-5-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: fix my goofy foot foot

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tortuga

Do remember time ago when reading about DaVinci's writing I tried it with my RH, nope but when using my LH worked like a charm.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm what I believe they call cross-dominant.
I write lefty, but look like goof if I try to throw a ball lefty.
I have a good switch-stance boxing.
I paint with both hands simultaneously.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
It's not something I think about often, just the way things are to me. Pretty sure I was born left handed but I was taught to be right handed. If startled my stance automatically goes southpaw. So instinct has me a leftie I believe. Dad was left handed. IDK if being "handed" is a genetic predisposition or not but there might be something to it.

It's great. If there's a task in front of me I can accomplish it quicker than if I just used one hand. Secondly there's an access aspect to it. Ever work on your car and have to twist yourself into knots to reach that bolt? Pull that right hand back and easily get at it with the left. I love that.

I can't do everything with my left. Like writing. Then again my right couldn't either until it was trained to. That's pretty much it though. It's a beauty not having a "dumb hand".

That's about it. Slow morning I guess.

Darts baby...being 2-handed is sweet when you like to play DARTS....freaks your competition out when you are good at it and lots of players force themselves to learn both hands....casting your fishing line on a crowded beach...lol....you are never stuck...playing billiards because you are NEVER HOOKED....lol.....falling down because you don't reach out with a dominant hand and bust yourself to pieces...you reach out with both....there is more but that's enough.....lol.

Canuck huh...lol....well welcome to the world of reality....now you can see that a left-handed person invented the writing style we all seem to use....lol...lol...only left-handed people write in a forward motion which is the natural motion...ALL RIGHTIES are writing backwards....it is what it is....lol.
edit on 2-5-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I got paddled by the principle on the first day of kindergarten.
The teacher asks "Is anyone here left handed?"
I do write lefty, but I use scissors righty.
I was given left hand blunts.
Lefty scissors don't work with the right hand.
The chick next to me told me I was stupid because I couldn't cut paper properly.
The teacher got all bitch on me because I couldn't perform my paper cutting assignment.
I threw the lefty scissors at her in a fit of frustrated rage.
Hit her in the face.
My aim woos good.
So...yeah...I got my ass paddled on my first day of school.
Hate authority to this day.
edit on 3-5-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Had a professor in college who used to write out differential equations on the board with both hands. Two different equations. He'd fill two entire boards with equations, solving each of them simultaneously and then erase them.

Sure was 'fun' tryin' to take notes with that dude!

Bastage!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join