It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we do this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
ATS rules state I'm not allowed to recruit people for a cause or get them to sign up for anything. So let me ask you this: Do you guys have any ideas as to how one could sort out the problems we face today with a focus on splitting into small communities of 100. I.e. if we were to split into 100 acre blocks...how would we sustain it internally without becoming Jonestown slash how could we have connectivity between 'superblocks' of 10000 people. What would be required? Doctors, Engineers, Vets, Farmers...I guess I'm asking how would you operate a 100 person, self sustaining town / a 1000 person super block.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ragsntatters

Depends on the country...

Can't own land in most

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Check out The Venus Project.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I would say you probably can't do this right now. There's nothing to really bring people together for a sustained period of time. You would need a huge catalyst to take advantage of.
"Activism" is almost dead and mindless opinion has taken over.
You might have success recruiting fringe members of society; but managing a large group of random people that isn't being paid to be somewhere is a huge undertaking.

Like every attempt to build an alternate community, weird things will go down, the group will splinter, and things will likely spiral out of control.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ragsntatters
ATS rules state I'm not allowed to recruit people for a cause or get them to sign up for anything. So let me ask you this: Do you guys have any ideas as to how one could sort out the problems we face today with a focus on splitting into small communities of 100. I.e. if we were to split into 100 acre blocks...how would we sustain it internally without becoming Jonestown slash how could we have connectivity between 'superblocks' of 10000 people. What would be required? Doctors, Engineers, Vets, Farmers...I guess I'm asking how would you operate a 100 person, self sustaining town / a 1000 person super block.

Just keep thread going here. To start.. Land belongs to someone or some group, and that group controls the land... at least by yearly taxes.

You'd always answer to someone or some gov., group etc... It's hard to start a commune for example 100 miles up a mountain... Because someone owns the mountain, area, land etc.

Total independence, self government, on land free and clear of some kind of gov.
ownership, control, miltary-gov. policing 100% is a fallacy in reality

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

It is not possible under the current conditions however... If you agree to make me dictator I have a secret plan that could accomplish this in a short amount of time.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

This might be of interest to you.

There are some very rich people trying to work this out already.
www.thevenusproject.com...

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Look at your average family that know each other, love and care for each other. How often does things go smoothly in the home? How often does everyone want the same things at the same time? How often does everyone agree to go along with what the majority decides?

Now take groups of 100 strangers, regardless to what you think they bring to the community, and ask yourself how this could work unless there was so awfully potent glue holding the group together.

I just watched season one of "The "3%". It gives you a short glimpse of human nature in the face of survival. There are quite a few other movies that also does a good job at showing humanity's short coming when survival is the ultimate goal.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
If you are looking to do this for yourself and 99 other people then I actually think you could find enough like minded individuals to along with our idea. I remember the movie ‘The Village’ which is sort of what you are looking to do, however, if you were attempting to make your idea mainstream it won’t happen.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Lol! But he wouldn't be able to use terrifying monster costumes and abuse to keep everyone in line....or would he??

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It gives you a short glimpse of human nature in the face of survival. There are quite a few other movies that also does a good job at showing humanity's short coming when survival is the ultimate goal.

I think those of us here would have to admit we have met the challenge of the ultimate goal of survival.

new topics

top topics

join