It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money IS Actually The ROOT of All Evil

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

there's always God and the absence of fear

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I think one thing that people never put into the equation, is that having too much money is actually really bad for you... in a lot of ways its worse than being poor, because it destroys your SOUL...

"It's easier for a camel to walk through the eye of a needle..."

That scripture holds true.

I look back on my life, and how I've grown, lessons I learned. I think back to times I was embarrassingly arrogant, the times I failed to humble myself, the times I failed to be patient, and the times I failed to be as generous or kind as I could have been, and should have been...

If I picture myself as a person with wealth and privilege, I don't really see myself learning to be humble and patient. I see myself doing, not all bad things, and in fact some very good things, things that could positively effected the lives of others in a way I could never do now, but the motivations for those actions would not be the same as the pitiful amount of good I have been able to do in my current life. It would be just for show. Basically I would be helping others out of greed, because I would want more adoration and accolades and glorification. Usually when a wealthy person does a good deed, there is some big ceremony, and a speech or two, all to make sure Everyone knows how great and wonderful the donor is.

I would be concerned, very concerned about the well being of my soul. I'm not even talking about some future heaven or hell, I mean how my spiritual development effects my life and my happiness here and now. But the afterlife could be a concern as well. I don't know what happens when your body is no longer capable of supporting life.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Spiritual growth can never lead to bad things my friend

Thank you for your reply

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

"Root" of all evil? I'd have to disagree.

Evil with a cause doesn't sound that evil to me.

I'd think that an absolute evil wouldn't have a reason or a cause for it's insane behaviour.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperspacial

what it means is that the all evil somehow is connected with money

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

What I meant is I don't believe in evil if it has a cause. Evil in my opinion would be evil without reason.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I think evil wants domination.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Maybe so, but imo people who want to dominate are usually spiritually unaware, or just insecure within themselves which leads to a desire to "puff" themselves up so to speak. Seems like innocence in a way... no one is given a "how-to-book" to life. Wanting to dominate is in no way kind or positive in any way but I wouldn't label it evil.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The root to all evil is the human mind and human action. It is not religion, It is not Money these are all Tools from Our evil mind.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Interesting, I hope someone will wake me up.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

My Bf thinks Men are the root to all evil, let me contemplate on it for a while.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

What if we're already awake and just don't realize it?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Probably already mentioned, but the quote is that it is the LOVE of money that is the root of all evil. Not money itself. Money can be exchanged for goods and services.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

then, at least, we would be awake

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join