It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money IS Actually The ROOT of All Evil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I've been corrected on this idea many times....

No... its the Love of money

Yet IF you think about it, every problem in this world isn't about the Love of Money

Its Currency... its money

Poverty... greed... homelessness...

every single problem comes down to money; be it too much, or lack of it.

Hell... I remember a time that i payed 35 cents for a liter of gas...

In 2008ish gas prices were the same as they are now... at over $100 a barrel

Now its 65ish a barrel... lol

The reality is money IS actually the ROOT of evil... it is where every evil in humanity begins... progresses, and ultimately ends in destruction

Its said that 1% has more of it then the rest of the 99%

why do we even question it?

but what can we do?

Nothing...

edit on 1-5-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Sad thing is your right Akragon. Without it, life doesn't seem to matter or is a constant struggle.
With it you are envied and targeted as well as tempted by the worst temptation.

So, many are stuck in a paradox of do they do whatever it takes to get it (even if that involves tarnishing or somewhat selling the soul to advance).
Or just except poverish conditions trying to keep the souls pure and free from the ignorance related to money, why the material world passed them by...

I often wonder why was the said to be son of GOD, LORD JESUS CHRIST born under such poverish conditions, if thy FATHER owns star systems?

I still don't understand that.

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Is it just the love of money or is it selfishness, ego
I wouldn't argue but to me the love of money is a symptom, it goes deeper

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Don't get it twisted.

Get rid of all the money and you will still have evil.

Money is a product, a tool used to separate resource, but not the root.

The root of evil is the lack of love.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I often wonder why was the said to be son of GOD, LORD JESUS CHRIST born under such poverish conditions, if thy FATHER owns star systems?

I still don't understand that.

Money was no concern to HIM or his Father

Kinda makes you wonder who their Father was...

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

Get rid of all the money and you will still have evil.

We call that anarchy... in a society ruled by currency

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I guess from a more GOD like perception it is a material of the matrix or simulation therefore nothing more but a test mechanism. Hence why those with most of it feel they are living in Heaven on EA*RTH why the poor are in hell...

If FATHER and the Lion of Judah are cats however it makes sense, nothing more then a human construct sort of like time.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Money.
Well, I need it to put food into the mouth of my children.
It, money, is about control, you may have it, you may control the children of you land.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I guess from a more GOD like perception it is a material of the matrix or simulation therefore nothing more but a test mechanism.

People starve to death in less fortunate countries every day....

while other places dwell in the lap of luxury compared

Yet we are all the same species... same people... and we're good with just letting it happen

because government...

that # has nothing to do with God... its us.. and where Our "money" goes...

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
Money was no concern to HIM or his Father

That's because it's the same thing as saying why the Easter Bunny isn't concerned with income tax, or why the Tooth Fairy isn't concerned with a mortgage.

edit on 1-5-2018 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Money is a tool for bartering. The root of all evil is selfishness.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Pretty sure the even the tooth fairy was lookin for cash...

i mean... a quarter for a tooth?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ventian

Money is a tool for bartering. The root of all evil is selfishness.

kinda like wanting?

Can't get anything in THIS world without $$$

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Rape, child molestation, and most forms of bigotry have nothing to do with money nor the desire for money. Oppression & killings of LGBT's have nothing to do with it, either. And neither do most forms of terrorism or violence in general.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Greed and a lack of compassion are the problem.
Money is just paper and coins.
It is a unit of trade.
I don't see trading a goat for a a six-pack and some smokes being very practical.
It would make for a better world if the hoarders of wealth could find something better to do with it.
Turn this planet into a party instead of a war-zone.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

I'd say the root of evil is more like "the desire to harm others". Selfishness can be one reason for this desire, but there are other reasons, as well.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

True... though we can't say what led to anything like said atrocities

Religious extremism... is a disease of the mind though IMHO

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Well now, this is a thorny one, isn't it?

Money is not the root of all evil. Greed centered around money, the love of it, the love of possessing it, the love of the power that wealth of large measure can purchase, is the root of a great deal of evil, but there are MANY things about evil which have NOTHING to do with money.

It is not money, or a lack of it, which causes all serial murder, or child molestation, or animal mutilation, or criminal violence. It is not money, or a lack thereof, which causes psychopathy, which is a state of mental construction which is common amongst some of the most evil people on the face of Earth.

Money greases the wheels of an awful lot of evil things, but its application to problems can provide clean, safe drinking water to those who would never have had any without its judicious application. A wad of money can be the difference between a person starving to death, or being fed. Money can keep people alive, who would otherwise die, put shelter over the heads of those who would otherwise be exposed to the elements, protect those who would otherwise be without defence.

Money itself is like a gun, like a knife, like a hammer, like a vehicle. You can use these things and many more for evil, but those things in and of themselves are NOT evil things. They have no animus, they have no agency in how they are used, or even whether they are used. The acts carried out by their use, are dictated in terms of their moral and ethical acceptability, by the mind and body which directs their work. Money used to buy healthcare for someone who cannot afford it, is not evil money. Money used to buy off politicians so that healthcare remains a private concern, requiring insurance and a whole host of other, pointless tosh, is not evil money. The USES of those wads of money, who uses them, why, with what intention, these things are what give meaning to the act of spending it.

If you make money by hard work, with honesty as your main driver, then you can be sure that you earned every cent you ever picked up by doing so. If you never trod on anyones toes, never stole credit for someone elses work, never screwed a customer and always put the work and its quality ahead of what you expected to gain from it, then you KNOW the money in your bank account, your pocket, itself, is not evil. But if you deliberately aimed yourself toward the kind of work which is anything but honest, work which involves being OK with shady morality and ethics, with a selfish focus, gaining as much money per hour as possible, for the least amount of actual work done, taking credit for the work of others, stripping assets out of crucial elements of a business, to make the bottom line look pretty, while endangering the longevity of the ability of the company to actually continue to work, to employ people... That is evil.

The way a person USES money can be evil or not too. Lets say you have two millionaires. One of them spends his or her disposable income on setting up charities which house the working poor and charge them much smaller fractions of the going rate for housing of that standard, allowing that family to get on its feet and build a more stable short term future for itself. That individual also spends their disposable income on investing in technologies which are designed as replacements for current, outdated, unhelpful technologies, like alternatives to fossil burning engines and power plants of every size and application, for example. They do not live excessive personal lives, do not irresponsibly use the resources they have, and make every effort to remain connected to the physical world, and the streets from which they came.

The other millionaire, EXCLUSIVELY spends money on things which will make him more money, and only makes charitable donations to avoid taxation. The individual only has interests relating to what he can gain from everything he does. He is thinking short term, selfishly, not about the future of the species, just the future of his bank balance. He is irresponsible with his use of the resources he has purchased for himself, and he is the only person who benefits from his existence, or indeed his wealth. He ensures that every time he spends money, he gains more by it than those to whom he paid it. He avoids and evades every cent of tax that he can. He refuses to acknowledge where he came from.

The first example involved, is not an example of evil. The second example IS evil, pure and simple.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

It is a unit of trade.

Greed = need for possession?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   
If we were able to move away from the act of exchange to the act of sharing, I think we could free ourselves of so much rubbish. I don't know what it'd look like though, the way cities are these days are out of hand. But if we were to split into units of 100 ish people and could share resources, we'd be good. Like not everyone needs a Lamborghini, we just want them, so like why not just have some people who enjoy car building, make some, and then have them at Lamborghini depots that we can hire them for for x amount of time and then get on with what we enjoy doing e.g. woodwork or painting or cooking etc

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join