It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal sighting 04/30/2018 05:15 est

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I will update as complete a description as I can after I download Stellarium. I am wanting to see if anyone can find flight paths, or other information that might indicate what I saw. Will be back with a description in as full detail as I can give.

Edit for description:

I live in the Southeast region of the United States, approximately 40 miles North East of Atlanta, Ga. I walked out to my back porch and noticed how bright the moon was. It was at or around 5:15 a.m. est. It may have been closer to 5:30 and this is the closest approximate time I can give. I gazed up to a trianglular formation of stars (why I downloaded stellarium) and the names of the stars are Antares, Dschubba and Acrab. There was another bright star, and I didn't even notice anything out of the ordinary until that star moved very quickly a very short distance (relatively speaking) then completely disappeared. It was not an airplane. I thought it was a star, and it was shining about as brightly as Jupiter is right now. It was not Jupiter. Jupiter appeared much closer to the moon yesterday than it is this morning.

The star I saw was located closer to Dschubba and beneath Jabbat Acrabi I and II. If I had to describe it's exact location I would have to say it was North East of Dschubba and within the triangulation of the stars. It was not Al Nyat - it was near Dschubba.

That is the best description I can give at the moment. I would appreciate any feedback and thanks in advance.

edit on 1-5-2018 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Could well have been an iridium flare off a satellite at that hour.
An Iridium flare is a specific type of satellite flare (also known as satellite glint) made when the antennas of an Iridium communication satellite reflect sunlight directly onto the surface of the Earth.
Or it could have been aliens.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Could well have been an iridium flare off a satellite at that hour.
An Iridium flare is a specific type of satellite flare (also known as satellite glint) made when the antennas of an Iridium communication satellite reflect sunlight directly onto the surface of the Earth.
Or it could have been aliens.

Is there a way to find out if a satellite was in that position at that time?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer
Is there a way to find out if a satellite was in that position at that time?
This site has a link to search Iridium flares:

www.heavens-above.com...

That can give the position of other satellites too, and I think there's a plug in to show satellites on Stellarium but you have to add it.

Here are a couple of Iridium flare videos to give you an idea of what they look like:

edit on 201851 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Any video? Picture? I mean what others said iridium flare makes sense, could have been the space station, satellite, or even space junk.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Sorry, no video. But, watching the ones posted in this thread it did look similar, except it remained stationary before moving and disappearing.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

The one I have seen didn't appear to move.
It looked like a star at first. Then it grew brighter than Venus.
I was wondering if it was a plane or helicopter.
Then I was like what the hell is that?
You catch them just before and just after sunrise and set.
If it hooks a maneuver, it would have to be something else.
Yes, I have seen luminous objects that could not be explained by this.
Satellites do not take sharp turns and dart away as far as I am aware.
Who knows?
Ball lightning?
Or maybe aliens.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

The one I have seen didn't appear to move.
It looked like a star at first. Then it grew brighter than Venus.
I was wondering if it was a plane or helicopter.
Then I was like what the hell is that?
You catch them just before and just after sunrise and set.
If it hooks a maneuver, it would have to be something else.
Yes, I have seen luminous objects that could not be explained by this.
Satellites do not take sharp turns and dart away as far as I am aware.
Who knows?
Ball lightning?
Or maybe aliens.

Thanks. It was before sunrise. I also saw a very faint shooting star almost immediately after - it was just barely visible.

Also, the object (very possible it was a flare as described) did not make any odd angle turns, it moved like it "leapt" to a different spot - it could have been one flare going out and another one illuminating close by almost at the same time.
edit on 2-5-2018 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2018 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join