It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing definitions of middle class

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Well that is what the Colleges keep spewing. Pay 60k for this # degree and a 100k job is just waiting

What they say doesn't make it true, but with enough education you'll get there. It just takes more than a 4 year degree, as a 4 year degree on it's own isn't worth much.

originally posted by: Nyiah
Yes, it absolutely IS relative. Doing well in life is indeed all relative, not strictly objective.

So if everyone around you is poor, but you're slightly less poor you consider it the mark of doing well? That's a good way to be lured into complacency and accept outright bad proposals so long as it hurts you less than it hurts someone else.

You, on the other hand, seem to think that personal views do not apply. They definitely do, and you're deluding yourself to think otherwise. Everyone has their own personal standard for doing well to categorize themselves with.

That's because personal views do not apply, the happiness of the individual is irrelevant to the well being of the group. The only thing that matters is optimizing the whole.

A lot of people disagree with me on this, a lot of people are wrong. The best way to have a comfortable civilization is to remove personal happiness from the equation.

Aaz, I get the distinct feeling you think you have something to prove to the world and nobody cares. I can't feel sorry for that kind of mindset, it's your own self-made & self-sustaining pit of oblivion to dwell in.

I have nothing to prove, only expectations to meet.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join