It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From someone who thinks the Mandela Effect is thee biggest crock, for the first time i am at a loss

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I see what you're saying now and no doubt you're correct in your assessment of neural circuitry. That still doesn't explain why my kitchen cabinet is a good 8" smaller than it used to be. I'm very OCD and everything in my house has a place. I never rearrange; if I put something somewhere, I've given it consideration and chosen the best spot for it. I have 3 different types of bowls and a 4th "serving" size bowl. All fit precisely in a hanging cabinet. One day as I was putting up the dishes, the serving bowl no longer fit. It wasn't just a little crowded; the cabinet no longer fit it at all.
Most of the M.E.'s are only mildly troubling to me as they don't really affect my life at all one way or the other. Frankly, I don't care if a movies' title is "Interview with A Vampire" or "Interview with THE Vampire", however, when my kitchen is out of order I definitely take notice.
Admittedly, shrinking cabinets are a trivial complaint that also don't disrupt my life to an extreme degree nor are they proof of anything but it's just so darn peculiar. I have no explanation for it.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Two guys: Bluto & Brutus. Their last name was Berenstain

>Runs down street laughing

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: whitewave
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I see what you're saying now and no doubt you're correct in your assessment of neural circuitry. That still doesn't explain why my kitchen cabinet is a good 8" smaller than it used to be.

Firstly there should be plenty of doubt, I'm an idiot grasping at straws like everyone else.
Secondly, you're correct. It doesn't explain why your cabinet changed...

It could help to explain why you think it changed however.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

His name is Bluto.

I thought it was always Bluto.

Bruno is that guy that wears one piece banana hammocks.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I do remember bluto.

However for me the head fxck on Mandela effect is the Jaws and Daisy characters in Bond...Daisy HAD BRACES! The scene doesn't even make sense without them. Before that I could sit on the fence and say things could just be my faulty memory but this one is real for me and not heard anyone strongly disagree yet.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink
However for me the head fxck on Mandela effect is the Jaws and Daisy characters in Bond...Daisy HAD BRACES! The scene doesn't even make sense without them.

Yes it does!
Jaws is some mean mofo who has only known fear from others, this girl shows that she doesn't fear him with a simple smile.
I thought that was supposed to be the point.
The braces thing would actually detract from this moment as it would change the sentiment from "you are not a monster" into "we are both monsters".

We seem to simplify it and rather than look at the complexity of the relationship our minds take a shortcut.
Like with all Mandela Effects we remember what is easier to remember.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Thats what I remember

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
His name was Brutus... but it does seem like their was a similar name one in earlier cartoons be for the character evolved.
I tried to stop reading, but it was too late... did you say Bruno?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Brutus, it was changed to Brutus later on.
I do remember that.

never Bruno though

Oh, thank goodness... I just had a moment where I thought I was crazy. My wife said Bruno

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Bizarre that for every shift, there are various 'fractal' explanations - instead of one - that people who say it was 'always' like it now is, present.

For example, Berenstein. Within hours of posting a blog about it changing to Berenstain, the purported Mike himself showed up and explained thats how it 'always' was spelled since his ancestor came through Ellis Island.

Or this one, Brutus changing to Bluto. There's die-hard Popeye fans professing that Bluto and Brutus are twin brothers. Yet at the same time, theres many publications that explain why Bluto was changed to Brutus or vice versa. Obviously if he had a twin already named Brutus, they would not have changed his name to his brothers, or switched them, to generate further confusion. Still yet:

edit on 9-7-2019 by letni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

No joke..... reading your question, the first name that came into my mind was BRUNO!!!

although i must add, i knew it was probably wrong but thats what i was thinking.... furthermore, I really dont remember it being Bluto.. maybe i just have a $hit memory!

I dunno bro, this whole mandela effect thing is gnarly!

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: letni

The answer is he has both names. And it has nothing to do with the Mandela effect, but everything to do with coptyrights and intellectual property law.

To be more exact, there are two similar characters -- one named Brutus and one named Bluto. Which character/name appears in the cartoon depends on which production company made the particular cartoon (there were two companies who made Popeye Cartoons) and at what era the particular cartoon was made.

Here are the details. I explained this before in a post on this thread a year ago, but here it is again:

It was originally Bluto, Then changed to Brutus, and then back to Bluto.

The reason for the change from Brutus to Bluto was for copyright purposes, but it seems it never needed to be changed (the lawyers made a mistake).

The original Popeye comic strip was owned by King Features syndicate. Max Fleischer studios began making animated versions of the strip for King Features, and included the character of Bluto. Fleischer studio sold the film/cartoon rights to Associated Artists, but King Features (the originator of the strip who still owned the print comic rights) later wanted to relaunch animated cartoons based on the comic strip.

The creator of a character matters when it comes to copyright/intellectual property law. King Features created Popeye, Olive, and the others, so they could legally still use Popeye, Olive, etc in their new cartoons. However, King's legal department was operating under the incorrect information that Fleischer studios -- not King Features -- had created the character of Bluto, and when Fleischer sold their cartoon rights, they also sold the rights to Bluto (again, the false assumption was that Fleischer created Bluto).

So King's new cartoon would introduce a new character named Brutus (a character that was extremely similar to Bluto), thinking they weren't allowed to call him Bluto, or else they'd be violating copyright laws. However, they were wrong. They actually held to creator rights to Bluto as well, but just didn't realize it.

After King Features learned they were allowed to use the name Bluto, they did. So the name was first Bluto, then Brutus, then Bluto again.

www.straightdope.com...

So confusion between Bluto and Brutus is understandable. It was officially both names.

edit on 7/9/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I remember telling my wife a year or 2 ago that Rip Torn had passed after seeing it all over online. I remember it distinctly.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Great...54 pages of..."No, it was Bluto / Brutus. Never heard of Bruno."

I still just wanna' know what happened to "Depends" because I just KNOW I saw 'em as "Depends" and not "Depend"! But that's old Mandela news now. No need to respond. **sticking fingers in ears** It was always Depends and ain't nothin' gonna' change my mind...ever! Not even a herd of Nelson's.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
I remember telling my wife a year or 2 ago that Rip Torn had passed after seeing it all over online. I remember it distinctly.

It's possible that Garry Shandling's death in 2016 (Rip Torn starred alongside Garry Shandling in "Larry Sanders") is creating a mash-up in your brain, and your brain is creating a false memory that it was Torn who died back then.

Human brains want to create patterns and link information. It does this to the extent that sometimes it creates false memories while doing this information linking and pattern making.

For example, maybe you heard and read the news of Garry Shandling's death, then sometime in the 3 years that have ensued since, you had an occasion to think about Rip Torn. Upon that occasion as you started thinking about Torn, your brain took the old memory of Shandling's death and linked it to Rip Torn. Suddenly, your brain creates a false memory that Rip Torn died 2 or 3 years ago.

edit on 7/10/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
In the cartoons he’s been known as Bruno, bluto, and Brutus. I’ve seen all three

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join