It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From someone who thinks the Mandela Effect is thee biggest crock, for the first time i am at a loss

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
His name is Bluto.

As has been pointed out, in the original comic strip his name was "Brutus." It was changed to "Bluto" for the Max Fleischer cartoons.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

I remember the Bluto character and the Brutus character (same guy) but never Bruno. The "never Bruno" was the point of my post.

I am assuming you are not referring to me as a millennial. While I am not old enough to have watched the originals, I am nowhere near a millennial. Also, I am not one to just "google" information and take what I read as concrete proof (though I believe the source you quoted). FWIW, I think the whole Mandela Effect is a bunch of shyt. People are loathe to think they could possibly remember something wrong. There MUST be something much more sinister going on, it couldn't possibly be that they just have bad memories.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It was originally Bluto, Then changed to Brutus, and then back to Bluto. But it was never Bruno.

The reason for the change from Brutus to Bluto was for intellectual property purposes, but it seems it never needed to be changed.

The original Popeye comic strip was owned by King Features syndicate. Max Fleischer studios began making animated versions of the strip for King Features, and included the character of Bluto. Fleischer studio sold the film/cartoon rights to Associated Artists, but King Features (the originator of the strip who still owned the print comic rights) later wanted to relaunch animated cartoons based on the comic strip.

The creator of a character matters, and King Features created Popeye, Olive, and the others, so they could legally still use Popeye, Olive, etc in their new cartoons, but supposedly, King's legal department was operating under the incorrect information that Fleischer studios -- not King Features -- had created the character of Bluto, and when Fleischer sold their cartoon rights, they also sold the rights to Bluto (again, the false assumption was that Fleischer created Bluto).

So King's new cartoon would introduce a new character named Brutus, thinking they weren't allowed to call him Bluto. However, the y were wrong. They actually held to creator rights to Bluto as well.

www.straightdope.com...

So confusion between Bluto and Brutus is understndable. However, tremembering it as "Bruno" is a false memory.

edit on 3/5/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This is totally unrelated to this Bluto topic. But as far as the ME, I’m at last a believer. Look in my previous replies in ME threads. Never have I previously been an proponent. Now I am. I’m at work right now, so I’ll provide more detail later. But in a nutshell, it all comes down to CERN.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Kit-Kat here too.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

"Names ending in Stain are weird, names ending in stein are common.

That's the cliffnotes version."
There was another ME thread about "cliffnotes" now being called "Cliff's notes" and, apparently was always Cliff's notes, not "cliff notes". Maybe you misremembered?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Did you make that thread? If so, will you link it - I'm curious what you found on cern.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: whitewave

"Names ending in Stain are weird, names ending in stein are common.

That's the cliffnotes version."
There was another ME thread about "cliffnotes" now being called "Cliff's notes" and, apparently was always Cliff's notes, not "cliff notes". Maybe you misremembered?

Hahahahaha
Nice one!!!!!

I've never said that ME's don't work on me. If anything I am highly susceptible as most seem to work on me.

I agree 100% that I misremembered, the more interesting question that people seem to overlook is WHY did I misremember.

My explanation would be that if I remembered Cliff's Notes I would need to conceptualise some dude called Cliff.
Once again I remembered what was easier to remember.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Faulty memory probably does explain some of the ME phenomena but I don't think it explains all of it.
If an alternate timeline or another dimension were involved (not saying they are...just throwing out what's been suggested) then would there BE any physical evidence to point to for proof? You can't prove a negative, ie: "I didn't misremember" and if no physical proof exists due to alternate timeline/different dimension then your memories would be all you'd have to go on. If only a handful of people remember an event differently than the majority then the naysayers would be validated in their dismissal of the phenomena but when masses of people all remember exactly the same changes from current reality then I'd say their experience deserves a more open-minded approach.

Conspiracy theory started out as just a few "nutters" spouting "nonsense" but enough open-minded people were willing to investigate the so-called outrageous claims that we know now many of the previous "theories of conspiracy" have been proven as conspiracy fact.

The UFO phenomena started out as just a few disturbed individuals embarrassing themselves with wild claims of flying saucers and little green men but, again, open-minded people investigated, pressing for answers until now official government sources are admitting there's something to the many claims of witnesses.

I have no idea what is the cause/source of the ME phenomena and some of the stuff IS on the absurd side, imho, but my experience with it has caused a crisis of faith that has shaken me to my core. As a minister and 45 year student of the Bible, I've noticed changes in scripture passages, missing passages and differences even in the introduction that I just can't explain. For me, "mis-remembering" beloved and well-known bible verses is the equivalent of misremembering my own name.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Has any of you researched bible changes. Those seem significant to me.
Lion and lamb is now wolf and lamb.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

Use ATS search function for discussions regarding Bible changes. You can also google Mandela Effect Bible change and get quite a list. Mostly, the naysayers claim it's due to different translations and, no doubt, some of it is. I have used and still possess the same bible I've had for 45 years so no new translations for me.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Sorry OP it has always been Bluto.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

The dude talking in this video needs to lay off the moonshine. It clearly says in the picture that it's for multiple cats. So the name Tidy CATS makes complete sense as it comes with a scoop for multiple cats.

Is there maybe a single scoop version for a single cat? I'm guessing so.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

Sorry OP it has always been Bluto.

And "Brutus", due to potential intellectual property rights issues between the different studios who made different versions of the cartoon, but never "Bruno".

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Always been Bluto!

never ever heard of Bruno !

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: whitewave

You are correct!
If there was a dimension shift or whatever you like there would absolutely be no physical evidence whatsoever.
The thing you overlook is the physical nature of our memories.

I don't dismiss it as faulty memory, as I've said far too often saying ME's are due to bad memory is like saying 3D movies work because of bad eyes.

ME's are about neurology.
Unfortunately text books are boring and conspiracies are fun.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
OP, if you go to you-tube, you can find many snippets from the original cartoon of Popeye and Bluto.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

"Physical nature of our memories"? I don't understand what you mean. Clarification please and thank you.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: whitewave
Just that memories are a physical thing.
Every single thought or lesson is linked to a physical process.

Every time you learn something, neural circuits are altered in your brain. These circuits are composed of a number of neurons (nerve cells) that communicate with one another through special junctions called synapses.

www.linkedin.com...

It's the reason the smell of lavender may remind you of your grandma.
Or the smell of grass reminds you of mowing.
Or various other examples of smell being linked to memory.

It's all due to the physical make up of your neural circuits which are reinforced over time.

If you agree that physical evidence would disprove the Mandela Effect then paradoxically my (or your) memory of reading Berenstein as a child is that physical evidence.

Of course this isn't proof that my memory is accurate, it could just be proof that the neural pathways for a name ending in "stein" has been strengthened far more than names ending in "stain" and in this case the stronger pathway wins out.

This could be why the Mandela Effect can generally be explained as remembering what is easier to remember.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Theres quite a few Mandela effects that I buy into,
I remember Shazam
The kit kat logo has changed
JFK didnt have those extra people in the car when he was shot and quite a few others

However Bluto has always been Bluto, even thinking he was called Bruno makes me question your sanity

What about "Shazam!"? It was real and it's online:

Billy Batson and his mentor:

Shazam Intro.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join