It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From someone who thinks the Mandela Effect is thee biggest crock, for the first time i am at a loss

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro
a reply to: violet

Same here. "Mirror mirror on the wall, whos the fairest one of all" but that was years ago. Seems arbitrary to me.

Violet was talking about the books not the movie.
the books do say mirror mirror...

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs
I’ll go back and read your post properly. Sorry. I read it too quickly.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
'Hard' Mandela

It's just how reality works. Feedback loops with observers , self correcting. In the past People were unaware of it.
Terrence Mckenna talked about it way before mandela became a thing.

Mandela is actually a good thing because it shows one that decisions can have influence on the external environment that is meaningful for the observer. (Here we have Carl Gustav Jung in a way)

Basically Mandela gives a hint that reality is much more closer connected to the observer and not fixed , there are many futures and many pasts. Depending on the observer.

'Soft' Mandela

Some organizations use memes to steer society into certain directions. As much as I think 'Hard' mandela is real. 'Soft' mandela is created by people that want to manipulate social behaviour on the internet. Just to show their capabilities of Psy-Op manipulations. Creating groups that easily can be controlled. I assume that mandela (and flatearth) is just an example to show what they can do with mind manipulation at mass scale. I can just guess but eventually the goal is it to create a custom made society that can be controlled by the push of a button.

Observer Feed backloops

Tidy catZ meets Schoedingers cat isn't that mandela too. In my universe she is always alive. Outcome will always be a happy little Kitten and never a dead one. What I'm saying here is that time is connected to consciousness. And at a deeper level it influences the state of the entire 'reality'.

In fact this feedback loop is getting stronger as time seems to pass more faster.
As time is defined in a way that is just a shift in focus (attention point consciousness) by the observer in the multiverse.

If enough observers want a desired outcome Reality changes , as simple as that. Reality is organic and ever changing.

Schoedingers Cat ate a kit-kat and she did live happy ever after didn't she ?

edit on 512018 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

edit on 512018 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Just because a bunch of people don't remember something correctly and someone fudges it in popular culture so more people learn it. as something different doesn't mean it's a slip in time space

Like when you bring up "Luke, I am your father" ... Saying it as many times in popular culture like that doesn't "come out right"... Because. You'd have to say it as answering "no...I am your father"... It just "morphs" like a game of "telephone"

I think it's pretty weak minded to not put that into perspective

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I was going to bed then came in for a quick peek. So much for quick.

I re- read your post re the movie. . Sorry about that.

I’m often arguing with others how I recall things so clearly. I’m like you were there, how can you not remember this??

Then there’s this thing were I run into someone that claims they’ve seen me many times before and even came to my house and describe my house to me, yet I have no clue who they even are! Do not recall them every coming to my house either. Maybe I’m losing my marbles.

A lot of mysteries in our world.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

I had stopped thinking about this, but now ATS tricked me and I'll be up all night lol.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

been awhile French fries.. That was you wasn't it?

Didn't we both come to the conclusion to stay away from this topic for our own sakes, to avoid the psyop?

trixie trixie

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I was once addicted to Eggo Banana Nut Waffles. So good, tasted like banana nut muffins. Went to buy them one day and couldn’t find them. I asked a stock boy in the store if they had them. His reply was “ never heard of them, we don’t carry them”.i said well I’ve been buying them here. He said they don’t exist! He insisted I had bought them someplace else as he had worked there for years. I never shopped anyplace else.

Same with yellow petunias. They don’t exist either I was told by a flower exoert, but I had them. I just googled and found some, maybe they’ve invented them now and I really did have some before the so called flower expert insisted I imagined it.

I must have lived in a world where I ate banana waffles them went out to water my yellow flowers.

edit on 1-5-2018 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I recall Brutus as well.

Particularly as Popeye had that funny way of talking, and called him..."BrutusK"

as example..."Ah BrutusK, yaz gotz me now.... gey gey gey gey!!, Just lets me have me Spinach will yaz"

Da tadadah da ta dahhhh.

Note..."gey gey gey" being Popeye's Laugh.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Indeed very trixie trixie
... but I couldn't help it to give this post my 2cents. Just a Human wondering about the universe trying to make all sense of it.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I am huge fan of the old Fleischer 'Popeye' cartoons.
It was "Bluto," Then it changed to "Brutus."
Here's a copy and paste from Wiki.

After the theatrical Popeye cartoon series ceased production in 1957, Bluto's name was changed to Brutus because it was incorrectly believed that Paramount Pictures, distributors of the Fleischer Studios (later Famous Studios) cartoons, owned the rights to the name "Bluto". King Features actually owned the name, as Bluto had been originally created for the comic strip. Due to a lack of thorough research, they failed to realize this and reinvented him as Brutus to avoid supposed copyright problems.[3] "Brutus" (often pronounced "Brutusk" by Popeye) appears in the 1960–1962 Popeye the Sailor television cartoons, with his physical appearance changed, making him morbidly obese rather than muscular. He normally sported a blue shirt and brown pants, and didn't appear to wear any socks. The character reverted to Bluto for Hanna-Barbera's The All-New Popeye Hour, the 1980 live-action Popeye movie, as well as the 1987 Popeye and Son series also by Hanna-Barbera. The character was also named Bluto in the 2004 movie Popeye's Voyage: The Quest for Pappy. Brutus later appeared in the Popeye arcade game released by Nintendo.[citation needed]

Prior to the name change to Brutus, the bearded strongman was called or referred to as "The Big Guy That Hates Popeye", "A Big Brute", "Mean Man", and The Sea Hag's "Sonny Boy". The name "Brutus" was first used on Popeye-related products in 1960 and in print by 1962. In the comic book series, the name "Brutus" debuted in Popeye #64 (1962) but "Sonny Boy" again was used in issue 66 (1962). For issue 67 (1963) the name "Brutus" stuck with the character. September 30, 1962 appears to be the first Sunday page using the name "Brutus". In the daily strip Olive Oyl first called The Sea Hag's son "Brutus" on January 29, 1963. Once Brutus became a regular in the comic strip he was no longer related to the Sea Hag.[4] During the run of Charlton Comics' Popeye series, Brutus again became the son of the Sea Hag.[citation needed] For two cartoons in 1963 he was called "Pleeto".

It is generally accepted that Bluto and Brutus are one and the same. However, a 1988 Popeye comic book, published by Ocean Comics, presented the two characters as twin brothers.[5] In 1991 Bobby London, who wrote and drew the Popeye daily strip for six years, created the "Return of Bluto" story where the 1932 version of Bluto returns and discovers a number of fat, bearded bullies have taken his place, calling themselves "Brutus" (each one being a different version of Popeye's rival). On December 28, 2008 and April 5, 2009, the Popeye comic strip added Bluto in the capacity of twin brother of Brutus.[6][7]

In all Spanish-speaking countries, in Brazil and in the Philippines, the character is mostly known as "Brutus". His name, in Italian, has been translated as "Bruto" or, occasionally, as "Timoteo" (Timothy). In French, it has also been translated alternatively as "Brutus" or "Timothée".[citation needed]
Bluto the Bandit. $5000 reward. Right there in black and white.
edit on 1-5-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Tuco The Rat

That's right Blondie.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I am a Mandela Effect believer (they got me with Berenstain and it’s only gotten creepier from there) but it’s always been Bluto for me.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Brutus, it was changed to Brutus later on.
I do remember that.

never Bruno though

Brutus is what i remember.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It was Bluto and Brutus for me and just remember we have our All Seeing Popeye on you.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Bluto , as I firmly recall because it always struck me as an odd name.

Can't wait for the next misremembered nonsense Mandela Effect post. Almost as bad as FE posts, but not quite.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I remember Bluto as well. The Popeye movie with Robin Williams was one of my favorite when I was a child.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

If it helps, I've always known him as Bluto.

Yep, I’m 58, watched the catoons in the 60’s, always Bluto.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
As a child, I remember him as Bluto...I used to wonder if he indeed had a blue toe

I hope this sort of "wakes ppl up" about this mandela nonsense. Our mind is lazy and when we have odd names from long ago (especially as kids) we tend to just push it into some more common reference. Bruno is a common enough name, Bluto is a one off name. The mind finds it easier to remember the common name unless you already associated it with something (such as in my instance me wanting to see the jackasses feet to see this blue toe). All the Mandela effect stuff is simply the effects of a lazy mind simply associating things with a common reference and with the internet now a thing, seeing we were wrong. Pride of course would rather say we aren't wrong, the world is wrong...after all, our memory is a infallible steel trap.

edit on 1-5-2018 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

If it helps, I've always known him as Bluto.

Yeah, I remember him as Bluto as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join