It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have I been cursed?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Yikes, what a slew of misfortune you've had! Let's turn this around. Make a list. Like a "To-Do List" except list what you want to take place. Law of Attraction... think it, write it, dwell on it. Believe it into being. Say good-bye to bad luck by writing "Bad Luck" on a piece of paper and then destroying it.

Report back on how your life becomes a windfall of good luck!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Christian advice?
Sucks to be you

Lose the anger, it will eat your heart out.
Give your missus a big hug and kiss and tell her you love her and forgive her
Work together, sort out a plan to fix your finances
Better to let it go than add a divorce to the list of woe

Sounds like you are doing to much on your own and holding to much resentment and you can't deal with that on your own
Go talk to your friends, let them know, share your burden with real people
Get some friends

But what would I really know, just some advice on the net, take it or leave it

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Sounds like bad financial decision,lack of maintenance? The sick part maybe diet. But cursed nah we live in the science age now. The archaic age is long gone.

Good luck thou, it can only get better now.. in the hopes you hit rock bottom someone needs to put their foot down.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
You sound like a country/western song. Put your words to music and send it to all those producers in Nashville. You might make some money off it. Give Willie a try. Be sure to copyright it.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Ha Ha I went through exactly the same thing many years ago, and you know what, I identified the problem or I thought I had which was the same thing, it turned out that one of the worst things you can do is have an ornamental Elephant which will bring terrible luck if its not facing the door, this was after researching things like bad Feng Shu etc. ,and I just came across it. Like some one said " If you have an Ornamental Elephant make sure it faces a door" I had bought one as souvenir on a trip to Bombay . I built a fire and tossed it on and that was the end of the bad luck. The run of bad luck included rolling a car getting electrocuted, along with many more to numerous to mention. So if you have got an ornamental Elephant either get rid of it of make sure its facing a door.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
So like the topic asks ... Am I some how cursed?

Or is it that I had a few bad breaks recently and it just amplifies the normal every day crap that happens and you forget about easily?

imho, just out of my own experience with extreme misfortune and loss - I believe things happen for a reason, sometimes we don't know why till months, and possibly even years later! And whenever we go through SO MUCH...little things seem HUGE - things we never even would have noticed before. Therein lies what I think the issue could possibly be...maybe we go through things to learn lessons that we otherwise would have never learned. why the lessons??...not sure yet. Possibly to get stronger in character (?), or maybe even to show us what is truly important in life (?) that we might have never acknowledged. Didn't mean to get so deep, but believe me when I tell you - I understand your question/thoughts about curses for sure!!! been there, done that, still there! Actually...I'm waiting on my t-shirt in the mail that says: "I SURVIVED THE MOST RICKETY RIDE IN THE PARK"
edit on 30-4-2018 by TruthJava because: typo

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Don't be silly, your dog suffered not you. Your wife made a bad decision, but I am sure not with the intention to harm you.
Our machines have a built in obsolescence it's bound to break so you keep buying.

Others have it way worse. If you were cursed you'd get hit in the face everytime you leave the house, bridges would crack if you drive across, or you'd get robbed whenever you got more than five bucks with you.
Means you would notice because you'd never get a foot on the floor without breaking it.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

but now I'm starting to wonder what I did wrong... who did I piss off?

You may have desired these exact events to occur because it is a signal to your spirit to say 'good riddance' to this world.

Everything will be dying of cancer soon when 5G goes world-wide. So there is not much point in working to make money when cancer is going to wipe out all non-TransHumanists (cyborgs).

Take these events as a hint from God or your Higher Self that already knows your life path that you signed up for before you were born.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Actually, that sort of thing is more common than you realize: everything is fine (or normal,) then something bad happens, leading to more bad things, and even more bad things. I lived a life that went this way and I after a while I started calling it The Curse. However, as I said, it's not uncommon. I've known different people who seemed to have 'cursed' lives, one whole family that seemed cursed (many illnesses and they all died young for different reasons,) and people whose normal lives became 'cursed' for a time.

I have an answer to this in a book by Colin Wilson called "Super Consciousness." Wilson explains that we can generate certain outcomes for ourselves, in the way that prayers can work. Since then, this whole Law of Attraction thing sprang up, but Wilson's take on how we affect reality is a bit more sophisticated. I believe there is some truth to this ability (how much, I'm undecided.) But the point that really clicked for me was when he explained how all things are connected, as with synchronicity. Often bad things do happen together, as good things happen together. There are links between circumstances, of course unseen/unrealized by us. Nothing is 'coincidental,' but manifested as part of a universal labyrinth. Call it by God's design or through a process which may one day have its own branch of science dedicated to the study of it, but in this theory, all things connect universally: your breakfast, your health, the well-being of those around you, what is being done and said right now. All of it. Ever have deja vu? In that moment, not only does everything feel familiar, but everything feels perfectly in place, as if it was all somehow 'meant to be.' There are no small or unimportant details in that moment: all of it belongs together, no matter how random it seems.

I hope I am not confusing you. Basically, according to Wilson's theory, things basically do 'go that way.' Negative tends to attract negative, and vice-versa. Things can really snowball against you and quickly. If you are religious, I'd advise prayer. Or meditation. But honestly, it comes down to simple things like watching your health, dressing comfortably, looking after your loved ones, etc. Try to focus on better outcomes and do what practical things you can to make your life more comfortable and stable. I know it can seem silly, like trying to stay calm and optimistic while your house is burning down or a tornado is ripping through your yard, but that's what it may take. Resistance over time, standing opposed to the turbulent snowballing, wins this energetic conflict.

That's the best as I can articulate this for now. I hope it makes sense for you. For the record, I don't believe in the Law of Attraction, as such. Being positive can have no affect on negative outcomes, and vice versa. However, I have experienced the magic of prayer/meditation, so there really is truth to it.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDatHey bud,I totally understand how things can go from bad to worse,in the last 5 years I`ve lost my grandma and my best dog in a month,bought a tractor and equipment and next week my truck lost the transmission and engine-new truck big debt,health insurance went from 40 to 200 $ overnight,and overtime got cut.Then I got down in the back and have to have epidural injections every few monthsBut I`m alive,got a roof over my head, food to eat and best of all lots of great memories,good and bad times come and go.It`s just life,don`t let the bad get you down.I`ll send a prayer your way and hope you start having a run of good luck,maybe you can win the lottery,eh?

edit on 1-5-2018 by ridgerunner because: addition

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

as a witch myself, i learned that the only way a curse can affect you, is if you believe it will. and all "magick" comes with a price. what you cast will always come back to the caster threefold. so on the bright side, if someone cursed you, they will suffer even worse themselves

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Few players can remember their big scores at the table, but most players, with unbelievable accuracy, remember their bad beats... - Doyle Brunson

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

No. You just loose focus after your dog get sick. You should take a vacation. Relax yourself. Then try not to cause more careless mistakes. Work out your problem one by one. Once you settle a problem, things should be OK by itself, as long as you remain focus.

How's your dog?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Christian advice?
Sucks to be you

Lose the anger, it will eat your heart out.
Give your missus a big hug and kiss and tell her you love her and forgive her
Work together, sort out a plan to fix your finances
Better to let it go than add a divorce to the list of woe

Sounds like you are doing to much on your own and holding to much resentment and you can't deal with that on your own
Go talk to your friends, let them know, share your burden with real people
Get some friends

But what would I really know, just some advice on the net, take it or leave it

Thanks for the advice; makes perfect sense. Harder to accomplish though. I will try it out and see if the curse is lifted.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
You sound like a country/western song. Put your words to music and send it to all those producers in Nashville. You might make some money off it. Give Willie a try. Be sure to copyright it.

Its funny I actually wrote a verses of the song already.... it sucks ... the curse sticks again!

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Ha Ha I went through exactly the same thing many years ago, and you know what, I identified the problem or I thought I had which was the same thing, it turned out that one of the worst things you can do is have an ornamental Elephant which will bring terrible luck if its not facing the door, this was after researching things like bad Feng Shu etc. ,and I just came across it. Like some one said " If you have an Ornamental Elephant make sure it faces a door" I had bought one as souvenir on a trip to Bombay . I built a fire and tossed it on and that was the end of the bad luck. The run of bad luck included rolling a car getting electrocuted, along with many more to numerous to mention. So if you have got an ornamental Elephant either get rid of it of make sure its facing a door.

There is an Ornamental Elephant and it is certainly not facing the door... into the firepit it will go this week end.

Thanks for the advice.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

Actually, that sort of thing is more common than you realize: everything is fine (or normal,) then something bad happens, leading to more bad things, and even more bad things. I lived a life that went this way and I after a while I started calling it The Curse. However, as I said, it's not uncommon. I've known different people who seemed to have 'cursed' lives, one whole family that seemed cursed (many illnesses and they all died young for different reasons,) and people whose normal lives became 'cursed' for a time.

I have an answer to this in a book by Colin Wilson called "Super Consciousness." Wilson explains that we can generate certain outcomes for ourselves, in the way that prayers can work. Since then, this whole Law of Attraction thing sprang up, but Wilson's take on how we affect reality is a bit more sophisticated. I believe there is some truth to this ability (how much, I'm undecided.) But the point that really clicked for me was when he explained how all things are connected, as with synchronicity. Often bad things do happen together, as good things happen together. There are links between circumstances, of course unseen/unrealized by us. Nothing is 'coincidental,' but manifested as part of a universal labyrinth. Call it by God's design or through a process which may one day have its own branch of science dedicated to the study of it, but in this theory, all things connect universally: your breakfast, your health, the well-being of those around you, what is being done and said right now. All of it. Ever have deja vu? In that moment, not only does everything feel familiar, but everything feels perfectly in place, as if it was all somehow 'meant to be.' There are no small or unimportant details in that moment: all of it belongs together, no matter how random it seems.

I hope I am not confusing you. Basically, according to Wilson's theory, things basically do 'go that way.' Negative tends to attract negative, and vice-versa. Things can really snowball against you and quickly. If you are religious, I'd advise prayer. Or meditation. But honestly, it comes down to simple things like watching your health, dressing comfortably, looking after your loved ones, etc. Try to focus on better outcomes and do what practical things you can to make your life more comfortable and stable. I know it can seem silly, like trying to stay calm and optimistic while your house is burning down or a tornado is ripping through your yard, but that's what it may take. Resistance over time, standing opposed to the turbulent snowballing, wins this energetic conflict.

That's the best as I can articulate this for now. I hope it makes sense for you. For the record, I don't believe in the Law of Attraction, as such. Being positive can have no affect on negative outcomes, and vice versa. However, I have experienced the magic of prayer/meditation, so there really is truth to it.

That does sound like it makes sencs. I've been thinking along those lines myself.

Its like when you make your self smile or laugh and just through the action you feel happy ... like muscle memory on the metaphysical level.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow

No. You just loose focus after your dog get sick. You should take a vacation. Relax yourself. Then try not to cause more careless mistakes. Work out your problem one by one. Once you settle a problem, things should be OK by itself, as long as you remain focus.

How's your dog?

Shes good now. Turned out to be an autoimmune disorder.

She was fine one day and the next her red blood cell count dropped to 10%. She's a white haired american pointer with a brown mask. The day she got sick she turned goats white over night. Vet didnt know what was wrong except for the drooping cell count.

After a day we had to bring her to a hospital to get a blood transfusion. She stayed over night after the transfusion and by the next day her red blood cell count was still very low. We took her home cause the hospital couldn't tell us any more than the vet. Just ruled a few things out, for example that it was not cancer.

That first day back home was bad; still white as a goast laying on crib mattress I put down for her. She just laid on her side panting. Only drank what I spooned in her mouth and only eat the little peanut butter I forced down her thought with the pills the hospital gave us. By that night we made the decision that if she didnt pass on her own over night we would take her to be put down the next morning. Worked up the speech I'd give my young kids before they went to school. Make them say good bye, but not really explain how definit the situation was. Would deal with that when they got home from school, but at least they got to say good bye.

Then I while I was feeding my other dog dinner the pointer gets up and wants her dinner. She want from dieing to "Food?" In a matter of minutes. It was a few weeks of recovery after that. Now shes off the meds and seems fine. Still don't know what caused it.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You know all those statistics about people getting hit by lightning or getting in car crashes or traffic jams or getting cancer or some other disease?

Well... sometimes you're the statistic.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Somebody has to be "it."

Though, it does still seem to come in waves.. Coupled with increased awareness, it can lead to some pretty dark roads.

No "metaphysics" needed, of course. We can choose the habit of our outlook. Though, like anything similar, breaking the old habit can be tricky.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join