It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops who tazed innocent naked man 16 times in his own shower killing him will not be charged

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

We all know what's going to happen...the brass will turn the other cheek, the officers involved will get a temporary suspension, end of story.

This is the time for all the good cops to stand up-their colleagues are abusing their power and the good cops are being attacked because they are afraid of the prior actions they have seen. I've met good cops, and i've met the effing a holes ( one threatened to jump me if I didn't leave town, even though I was just walking home from the grocery store) And I believe in the one strike policy should be enforced. You screw up, you lose your job-people have lost their jobs for far lesser mistakes, let alone killing a person,if I tazered a man to death I would be praying I didn't drop the soap for the rest of my natural life.

We need the good cops to speak up.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Great detective work! The poor guy! They killed him for NO reason.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The cop probably didn't know the tazer was firing that many separate shots. Tazers don't make a "bang" sound, or anything like that.

if you pull the trigger 16 times in ten seconds, it will fire 16 times. But visually it looks the same and sounds the same as if it had fired only once.

But also if the target doesn't respond right away, it's hard to tell whether it's because they're resisting the effect, or whether it's because the tazer didn't fire.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The cop probably didn't know the tazer was firing that many separate shots. Tazers don't make a "bang" sound, or anything like that.

if you pull the trigger 16 times in ten seconds, it will fire 16 times. But visually it looks the same and sounds the same as if it had fired only once.

But also if the target doesn't respond right away, it's hard to tell whether it's because they're resisting the effect, or whether it's because the tazer didn't fire.

Oh please what utter rubbish, the cops don't know they are firing their weapons now, give it up already, also your comments about the public not wanting to pay for better police training is also rubbish, the public have no say as to where government tax funds are distributed and if they did I'm betting the general populace would be happy to have more funds going to improve police training. Although there is an argument to be made that throwing money at the problem will probably not improve the training, much like the issue with public schools.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Really?????

Seriously????

If ANY law enforcement officer doesn't "know" how many doses of lethal force they are administering...then they should NOT be law enforcement officers anymore...particularly when we're talking about a one sided exchange! After all, it's not like the victim was shooting back!

Clearly, you need to reevaluate your statements! Seriously.

ETA...if it was a gunfight, that would be different, but...it WASN'T!!

edit on 5/3/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Good for them
The whole system stinks..from the top down it seems..it fails the public at times, as well as well meaning recruits/officers.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Your feel good thread is stupid. You know why? Because all the bullcrap, nonsensical, disagreement in th cops actions.

People will still defend cops.

People will claim it’s the actions of a few bad cops.

Yet it continues.

People will praise cops and first responders.

A purpetuating cycle.

I admire the first emergency room who acts in the same response time as the cops who initially responded to a patient, that gives the same response in the Er.

edit on 5/4/2018 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Really?????

Seriously????

If ANY law enforcement officer doesn't "know" how many doses of lethal force they are administering...then they should NOT be law enforcement officers anymore...particularly when we're talking about a one sided exchange! After all, it's not like the victim was shooting back!

Clearly, you need to reevaluate your statements! Seriously.

ETA...if it was a gunfight, that would be different, but...it WASN'T!!

It's actually the truth. Police training is totally non-uniform throughout this country. Some places have a "police academy" which lasts a few weeks. Some places simply give a new person a badge and gun, assign them to work alongside an experience officer for a few weeks with little or no training at all.

If a rookie shows they don't have the reasoning skills to handle themselves, or loses their $hit when they're under pressure (perhaps by mashing the tazer's trigger 16 times because they don't realize each pull will fire a separate taze) , they wash out (and whoever they hurt or killed in the process of washing out ...... I guess just sues?) A lot both the training, and the selection of good recruits, is happening in the field. Exactly where it shouldn't.

Increasing the punishment won't help if people aren't getting the proper training. Infinity punishment will do absolute zero to help guide a person who doesn't know how to avoid the punishment in the first place.

We just need to increase the professionalism and education requirements. When a job requires an actual degree, years of investment in training, people are real careful. Also, dumb people usually wash out in training instead of washing out in the field.

If something bugs you, you should do what it takes to fix it. Not just get a name and put someone in the electric chair, or in prison, so you can pretend you've changed something.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join