It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops who tazed innocent naked man 16 times in his own shower killing him will not be charged

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

You are lucky you did not succumb to a fit and get shot !!

Much more specialized training. Also a higher intelligence score to qualify for joining any law enforcement agency.

The shift aint getting better as the years roll by ...

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
a reply to: notsure1>>> You cretins on the left demanding a police state and a disarming of the population and an all powerful government.... well, this is what you'd get. And they'll go harder on YOU because you'll be the easiest targets and won't have the will to resist.

Look man dont call me a damm liberal.. Due a little research on posters before you use that highly derogatory term ..

Cretin...

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

NVM
edit on 2-5-2018 by vonclod because: waste of time

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prene
Listen you Americans let it happen. You joked about tazers then people started getting shot, now you just brush it all off, like it's not your fault, like the new standard was forced on you by God himself.

You aren't allowed to complain. You had the time already. OBVIOUSLY they wanted this to happen. A whip, bolo, net, a FREAKING FLY STRIP could replace the tazer in most situations and they know this. They aren't stupid. They started TAZERING AND SHOOTING CITIZENS and you were too busy complaining about Twitter and BLM. You dont get to complain, America. So SHUT IT. You accepted it so freaking accept it you bitches!

Just what was it that we accepted? I'm missing your point. I don't think American citizens dictated police actions, nor did we approve courts using "felt threaten" as a get out of jail free card for cops.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm usually not an advocate of capital punishment, but I would make an exception for this cop. Cops are out of hand in the U.S. with all people....an unarmed 77-year-old white man was recently shot by cops trying to remove him from his house because he said he was going to get a gun. All lives used to matter. These days the media make it all about race----cops shooting/tazing/killing unarmed people is a human issue, not a race issue.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
My husband pointed this out to me very quickly after I got out of that jail cell. Interestingly, it has been over 6 months since that arrest and I have not heard a peep from the court, the prosecutor or those cops.....and I am VERY lucky I was not shot.....those deputies were carrying weapons you would expect to see in a war zone!!!!!
a reply to: Timely

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

District Attorney John Chisholm made the announcement on Friday, saying there was “no basis to conclusively link” Adam Trammell’s death to “actions taken by police officers.”

I say they have an obligation to prove there was nothing to conclusively link the taser attack to the death. That can easily be done by taking each cop, throw them naked under running water and hit them no less than 18 times with a taser.

After that, every single cop on the force should have to go through a simulation to ensure they know what the effect of their actions are. At least two hits with a taser while wet.

edit on 5-2-2018 by LogicalGraphitti because: format

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

District Attorney John Chisholm made the announcement on Friday, saying there was “no basis to conclusively link” Adam Trammell’s death to “actions taken by police officers.”

I say they have an obligation to prove there was nothing to conclusively link the taser attack to the death. That can easily be done by taking each cop, throw them naked under running water and hit them no less than 18 times with a taser.

After that, every single cop on the force should have to go through a simulation to ensure they know what the effect of their actions are. At least two hits with a taser while wet.

Too lenient. In the past they have fired tear gas at a man and then tasered him:
www.thesun.co.uk...

Or when he was carrying gasoline:
www.nydailynews.com...
kfor.com...

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

No basis to prove they were responsible? Did the chief not pass basic science class. Either the water caused a change in amperage or. The amount of times they shocked him put him in a fatal heart rhythm. I saw a guy zap another dude while that dude was being held by a third the third guy had to be taken to hospital because the current going through the guy he was restraint messed him up.

Water and natural perspiration would lower the resistance of the skin and allow more current to go into his body. Just like with an electric chair and saline sponge electrodes.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Death by Tazer is MURDER....lol...not bad luck....only bad luck for the monster jacking electricity through another human being until they are dead ....we call it murder in the real world.....no thin blue line supporters here pal.

Tazing a person won't kill them, unless you hit them near the chest. Do it once, do it 10 times. It doesn't matter. It is extremely rare for the weapon to be discovered to have directly caused a death, even when over used.

In most cases, any death that happens is usually do to the person falling down, not due to the electric shock killing them. Or in some cases if a person has a health condition or drug use is involved.

The one exception is chest shots. They've been shown to cause cardiac arrest, because it freezes your muscles in the area and your heart is a muscle.

www.washingtonpost.com...

But if they didn't shoot him in the chest, there is no way they could have known they were going to kill him. Subduing him by hand to hand combat would be MUCH MUCH MUCH more likely to result in death than tazing him.

Yes there is somethng perfectly safe...it is called non-violence and it is where your aerse does the job it is being paid to do ....in short dont be a Cop if you cannot end interactions peacefully using physical force....thats right no shrimps no women who cannot handle it and no excuses for people who cannot cut the mustard....we have enabled MURDER BY COP so little snowflakes can join the force and not be hed back by their size.....when I was a Kid in my Country one of the main Poice forces had height and size restrictions for this very reason then bleeding heart lawyers REPRESENTING SMALL SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS stepped in and used machined panned tactical legeslations to JACK UP THE LETHALITY OF EVERY SINGLE POLICE/CIVILIAN ENCOUNTER ACROSS THE BOARD IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY....many many deaths have occurred since then....dont worry we have groups in multiple Countries cumulatively working on straightening out the historical facts of this con-job dynamic resulting in thr manipulation of People and of Legeslations.....stay tuned.

If cops like you want existed, they would not be brave. They would have to be all stupid.

We're looking at a 30 year career here, right? So you get a pension after you survive how many days?

If you took a 1% chance to die every day for 200 days, there is only a 13.7% chance you make it to the last day alive. If you did it 200 days a year for 30 years, the odds are worse than the chance you buy two powerball lottery tickets in a row, and win both jackpots.

So only very stupid people would choose the career path if 1% chance of dying every day were the expectation.

If you want smart people to take the job, you'll need to give them a fairly high probability of long term survival. But ..... if you prefer stupid people to do it, then I guess you're right: they should just stand there and wait to get shot by everyone they meet.

Hey smarty pants.......how about this pal.....we pay them normal wages.....we give them better psycological testing so ones like you dont make it into the programs....no privilages......no protection from itigation...if you screw up as a surgeon and kill someone you go to jail...if you screw up as a Cop you go to jail and yes because murder is in a lot of cases what these rouge off-the-charts Cops commit execution in some cases would fit the jurisdiction.

Do that and your patrol cars will sit empty.

And maybe that's what you want? No cops at all. Then they can't screw up.

But I brought up the police license thing because I see a lot of parallels between how people react to this stuff and how they react to it when mistakes happen in the medical profession.

People want only God to hold a human life in his hands. But God doesn't seem to be willing to do the job.

Maybe it doesn't pay enough?

edit on 2-5-2018 by bloodymarvelous because: mistake number

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

1% chance of dying?..what are you referring to?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I might have missed it. What did the guy do again?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

What happened to human emotion it seems entirely absent in these cops and that scares the hell out of me. Was there any way you could of lived for just a few more hours with these same cops breaking down your door? Well you would have to unload an AR at the door and just buy enough time to either kill yourself or go out guns blazing. This situation had no other ending then the tenant dieing.

edit on 2-5-2018 by CrazyK22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
He could just submit to the arrest.

If you flip out and get all panicked and angry when the police show up, they're probably going to taze you (because that is the least risky of all possible ways to subdue you.)

This is, of course, a natural response. Having the police bust down your bathroom door can certainly be upsetting.

However, from the officers' perspective, flipping out and getting angry is often a precursor to drawing and shooting a weapon and a criminal may be keeping one in a cupboard or something in his bathroom, because criminals keep guns in weird places.

Basically, any time the police come in your home, they cannot rest assured that you are unarmed merely because there is no gun on your person. It could be taped under the couch, behind a toilet, under an upside down bowl on your kitchen table.

Why? Because real criminals actually do that. They need to be ready to protect themselves from other criminals, and hiding a weapon on site saves them the trouble of having to wear their gun all day long when they are at home.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001
Anyone care to explain how a completely naked man is ever a danger to someone, especially a well trained and physically fit police officer?

As I was mentioning : hiding guns in one's house is a common tactic among criminals. It could be taped behind the toilet, or on a high shelf, ... etc...

Putting a hidden gun within easy reach somewhere in their house is a way for a criminal to remain armed at all times (usually out of a desire to protect themselves from other criminals.)

Being naked won't stop you from being able to use it.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I see, he was a criminal now..guilty before charges or conviction..the douches were there for a welfare check, not a criminal complaint.
Please don't become a cop, if you are already..consider quiting please.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

originally posted by: jacobe001
Anyone care to explain how a completely naked man is ever a danger to someone, especially a well trained and physically fit police officer?

As I was mentioning : hiding guns in one's house is a common tactic among criminals. It could be taped behind the toilet, or on a high shelf, ... etc...

Putting a hidden gun within easy reach somewhere in their house is a way for a criminal to remain armed at all times (usually out of a desire to protect themselves from other criminals.)

Being naked won't stop you from being able to use it.

Tell me are you responsible for the piss poor training cops get, are you the guy that drills them how every person they encounter may be a criminal and may have hidden weapons so should therefore be treated as violent criminals, because by your defense of these horrendous actions it sure seems like you are that guy.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I see, he was a criminal now..guilty before charges or conviction..the douches were there for a welfare check, not a criminal complaint.

How is this:

But according to a group of 10 former Austin Police Department recruits who wanted to become peace officers, just like the military, the Austin PD is training “warriors” instead of “guardians.”

The former recruits are now blowing the whistle and claiming that the type of mentality they encountered is not what they signed up for and is not representative of the greater Austin community. KVUE writes:

Summer Spisak, a 38-year-old former tech employee who participated in nine weeks of the eight-month academy last year, said instructors told her and other cadets they would “punch them in the face” if they said they wanted to be police officers to help people.

Spisak and others are now sounding the alarm for the public, saying police are being trained to view community members as the enemy and not as their fellow citizens. “It’s so different from what is portrayed…It’s so different from my expectation of the Austin Police Department,” Spisak concluded.

www.activistpost.com...

Viewing sex workers as insects and the homeless as potential targets for prosecution differs vastly from the generalized public perception of officers as those who are sworn to “protect and serve” members of the community. According to the former recruits, officers of the peace should have a “guardian” mentality as opposed to the “warrior” mindset the recruits and graduates are being taught to possess.

Both Spisak and Murray joined eight others who voiced their concerns in a letter to two different news agencies. Their objections were met, predictably, with denial by Austin’s Chief of Police, Brian Manley, who claims his cadets are trained to be both guardians and warriors.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Tell me are you responsible for the piss poor training cops get, are you the guy that drills them how every person they encounter may be a criminal and may have hidden weapons so should therefore be treated as violent criminals, because by your defense of these horrendous actions it sure seems like you are that guy.

They get piss poor training because the public isn't willing to pay for good training.

Seriously, police work should require a college degree in that specialization, just like Electrical Engineering or medicine does. But it's not a job that is in seriously high demand. People aren't lining up and putting in 10,000 applications every time a new police officer job opens up.

The dream of well trained police doesn't happen because it is an economic fantasy (and nobody is willing to discuss making it a reality).

I'm all for making it a reality. Just like how in the 1800's, being a doctor didn't pay much, but now it's one of the highest paid professions there is. I would not mind seeing police work go that same route.

Life and death situations are best handled by true professionals. People who have made it the goal of their entire life's work to know everything possible before they attempt to go into action. That would be great.

The price may well be worth it, no matter how expensive it is. But don't be a child and expect it to be cheap.

originally posted by: vonclod

Yes, they should. If someone has called 911, then odds are whoever you're coming to talk to is a dangerous criminal, or violent. That is overwhelmingly more likely than the alternative.

In this specific case, the police accidentally entered the wrong room and got the wrong guy. That kind of mistake even happens in hospitals (I recently read about a guy in Atlanta who was slated to get his right arm amputated, but a mistake was made in the chart and they cut off the left arm instead.)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
You know, it's not the 1st taser shot which is so upsetting, or even the 2nd, and possibly not even the 3rd...

The part which is so criminal and infuriating is the 4th taser shot, and the 5th...

and the 6th...

and the 7th...

and the 8th...

and the 9th...

and the 10th...

and the 11th...

and the 12th...

and the 13th...

and the 14th...

and the 15th..

AND THE 16TH!!!

That's the part that makes me REALLY angry!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join