It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops who tazed innocent naked man 16 times in his own shower killing him will not be charged

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Ok so this video is highly disturbing, two Milwaukee police officers on a medical emergency call break down an innocent mans door and confront him naked in the shower.

They call him Brandon which is not his name and he does not respond immediately so they just start tazing him.

16 times while naked and wet they shocked him.

This guy was crying for Jesus while the cops keep tazing him, it amounts to torture IMO.

Why were these cops so effing scared of a naked unarmed man in the shower?

Guess what? they will not face charges..

Cops have a licence to kill and that has to change..

WARNING DISTURBING VIDEO

The Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office said it will not press charges against two police officers who used their stun guns as many as 18 times in the death of a naked man in the shower last May.

District Attorney John Chisholm made the announcement on Friday, saying there was “no basis to conclusively link” Adam Trammell’s death to “actions taken by police officers.”

The 22-year-old Trammell, of West Milwaukee, Wisconsin, died in police custody after authorities were called to report a “suspicious male” in an apartment complex at 5 a.m., according to Milwaukee ABC affiliate WISN-TV. The report by Chisholm notes the caller believed the man, later identified as Trammell, was having a “psychotic break.”

sandhillsexpress.com...

These cops should be charged with murder its just a slap in the face to citizens that they will not be. 16 times a naked, wet, crying, unarmed, INNOCENT man in his own shower.

All this is doing is telling us that the govt approves of cops killing citzens.

Its also telling us that its govt policy that cops kill citzens instead of arresting them because its quicker, easier and cheaper than arresting them and putting them on trial. Killing citzens is cost cutting.

When are you people going to rise up against the govt - peacefully?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
Only in America.

SMH.

The cops beating on that disabled guy in Victoria the other week was pretty bad, also here in Byron cops are in trouble for bashing a 15 year old. The way it's going we may yet catch up to em.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: Timely

Canada as well
A guy got tazed to death in the Vancouver airport a few years back.
Was that the one who was having a seizure behind the wheel and the cops thought he was mentally unstable/drunk and tazed him till his heart stopped?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

originally posted by: notsure1
Ok so this video is highly disturbing, two Milwaukee police officers on a medical emergency call break down an innocent mans door and confront him naked in the shower.

They call him Brandon which is not his name and he does not respond immediately so they just start tazing him.

16 times while naked and wet they shocked him.

This guy was crying for Jesus while the cops keep tazing him, it amounts to torture IMO.

Why were these cops so effing scared of a naked unarmed man in the shower?

Guess what? they will not face charges..

Cops have a licence to kill and that has to change..

WARNING DISTURBING VIDEO

The Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office said it will not press charges against two police officers who used their stun guns as many as 18 times in the death of a naked man in the shower last May.

District Attorney John Chisholm made the announcement on Friday, saying there was “no basis to conclusively link” Adam Trammell’s death to “actions taken by police officers.”

The 22-year-old Trammell, of West Milwaukee, Wisconsin, died in police custody after authorities were called to report a “suspicious male” in an apartment complex at 5 a.m., according to Milwaukee ABC affiliate WISN-TV. The report by Chisholm notes the caller believed the man, later identified as Trammell, was having a “psychotic break.”

sandhillsexpress.com...

These cops should be charged with murder its just a slap in the face to citizens that they will not be. 16 times a naked, wet, crying, unarmed, INNOCENT man in his own shower.

All this is doing is telling us that the govt approves of cops killing citzens.

Its also telling us that its govt policy that cops kill citzens instead of arresting them because its quicker, easier and cheaper than arresting them and putting them on trial. Killing citzens is cost cutting.

When are you people going to rise up against the govt - peacefully?

Rise up against the government Peacefully? Hahahahaha. Yeah that will do it. No one is willing to go to the ends of the earth for freedom anymore. Don't waste your time doing anything if you aren't willing to fight to the death to keep your freedom/rights
edit on 1-5-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The only good thing I can take from this is the absolute necessity of police body cams.
Willingly turning them off should be grounds for prosecution, not just job loss.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Cameras don't scare these guys, but there is one thing which puts the fear of God into them...their pensions!! It's the one thing they fear the most.

The very first guy who gets his pension suspended for unnecessary brutality like this will have the undivided attention of every single law enforcement officer in this nation!!! Hands down! They'll be absolutely BEGGING for cameras!

Now, I'm not suggesting taking any money they've contributed, they can have all that. However, what they lose is the investment value and the salary matching.

Want to stop unnecessary police brutality in it's tracks? That's how you do it. Period.

Only when law enforcement has a personal stake in their actions on the job, just like everyone else does, THEN and only then will they pay attention and understand America is serious about combating this all too frequent problem. And, as long as some of these guys know their departments and/or their city's will shield their liability and foist it off on the taxpayer the behavior will continue.
edit on 5/1/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

How is this anything but murder? The officers break into his home, with weapons drawn, give the man a couple of commands,(while addressing him by the wrong name) and then tase the guy as he is attempting to comply. He goes unconscious, and they are asking him if he is ok? At what point during tasing him 18 times, did they give him a chance to comply?

They are tasing him and giving orders at the same time. All while telling him to relax?

I think the police are trained to say things during these encounters that cover their asses on the video tape. Like “stop resisting” and “stop reaching for my gun”.

This was a welfare check? These officers were not acting like this was a welfare check. It looks more like a raid. But as long as they say the magic words, you must acquit.

What part of welfare check involves entering a home with weapons drawn?
edit on 1-5-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Ok, so where are the cop defenders in this?

What is there to defend?

a reply to: makemap

#5 Cops didn't learn any electrical safety, tasering a guy in water is 100% dangerous and will cause instant death.

That's not how Tasers work, which is pretty obvious since this guy didn't instantly die. If both probes are in contact with the person then it's like any other Taser deployment. If what you said were true, Tasers would be absolutely useless in anything other than completely dry conditions.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Just brutal. Can pigs act anymore ridiculous and are they actually trying to emulate the police from idiocrocy?

If this is how American police are trained to help people I am very glad I don't live there!

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Cameras don't scare these guys, but there is one thing which puts the fear of God into them...their pensions!! It's the one thing they fear the most.

The very first guy who gets his pension suspended for unnecessary brutality like this will have the undivided attention of every single law enforcement officer in this nation!!! Hands down! They'll be absolutely BEGGING for cameras!

Now, I'm not suggesting taking any money they've contributed, they can have all that. However, what they lose is the investment value and the salary matching.

Want to stop unnecessary police brutality in it's tracks? That's how you do it. Period.

Only when law enforcement has a personal stake in their actions on the job, just like everyone else does, THEN and only then will they pay attention and understand America is serious about combating this all too frequent problem. And, as long as some of these guys know their departments and/or their city's will shield their liability and foist it off on the taxpayer the behavior will continue.
You have absolutely hit the nail right on the head: until these cops have to actually PAY for their behavior THEMSELVES with their OWN money and not TAXPAYER'S money....The beatings and murders and the exonerations will continue....when these sadists have to feel the pain in their own pocketbooks; then they will get their sadistic ears perked up and they might stop playing Rambo on the people who actually pay their salary. They forget that they are PUBLIC SERVANTS......
I had an aunt call for a well being check and though the were the very same deputies that would only a week later arrest me violently, confusing a seizure for something else, they did NOT rough me up during the well being check and they were very polite and left within 20 minutes of discussion.
Milwaukee is a very racially charged city, (my husband grew up there and we just left Chicago after 17 years of living there), and I am SURE this fact has a lot to do with how this very disturbing and sad incident played out.
I also spent 10 years in Utah....and watched very closely the trial of that Mesa cop who basically blew away an innocent man begging for his life. Since MY arrest, I have been following the news and ya'll would be SHOCKED to read how many violent jag off cops there are out there who like to rough people up...black, white, brown, poor rich.....young, old...and GOD FORBID if you are mentally ill or intoxicated in ANY way.....
anyhow....a tender subject for obvious reasons.......and incidentally...because I squeaked pretty hard and got a good lawyer......I have yet to hear a peep from my arrest....and it has been a while.......
edit on 5/1/2018 by Cornczech because: meh

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I would like to know how the prosecutor can say (with a straight face) "there was “no basis to conclusively link” Adam Trammell’s death to “actions taken by police officers.”

How can he come to that conclusion?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Cause of death is listed as excited delirium, which can happen with schizophrenics. The Taser doesn't necessarily induce that condition, and I think that was likely enough wiggle room for the prosecutor to not proceed.

That being said, if this had happened where I'm at, these dickheads would've violated at least four different directives. I suspect the city will end up paying out.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

It seems the best job in America is working for the police. What other work can you get away with anything, even murder?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Wait...
Where is the public outrage over this incident?
Please don't tell me it's a skin color thing.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Ok, so where are the cop defenders in this?
Do you even BEGIN to understand why We Don't Trust You?

We tend to only defend cops when the victim is black.

And yes, I understand why you don't trust "us".

I call it "manufactured bias".

Blame the editors who choose which stories to run.

If you haven't noticed, they tend to favor cases where clearly innocent white people are assaulted by the police, and cases where black people clearly do something stupid before getting shot or assaulted.

The question is whether these stories are being pushed as part of some subliminal brainwashing division agenda or if they're just giving us what it is we want to see.

edit on 1-5-2018 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Fermy

I certainly hope so.

Man, that was tough to watch. The DA needs a brain transplant, how no charges were filed is nearly beyond comprehension.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Wow!

From the linked article in the OP.

West Milwaukee Police Chief Dennis Nasci told WISN-TV that the two officers involved were placed on administrative duty for two months before returning to active duty.

The Chief watched that and that's all that happened to them. Amazing.

I'm generally opposed to any kind of federal intervention because it always seems to be politically motivated, but in this case, maybe this town needs a look see. I see the Chief is appointed by a council and it's a small dept..

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Cops should have been at least fired. That was f$cked up..

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

It really shows how untouchable they are.. After seeing that they can still put these two guys back on the street to protect us..

They will probably kill someone else and be put back out again..

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Police recieved a call from his neighbor, saying she was worried he was going to hurt himself because he knocked on her door naked, talking about the devil in the hallway. So they show up on a welfare check and decide to break down his door instead of waiting for someone with a key to show up. Three officers showed up. One officer reached out for him while he was naked in his shower drinking a jug of water, and when he shoved the officer away the taser came out.

At one point, the officer dropped his taser and a third officer handed hers to him. The officers then called West Allis police for help.

The medical examiner listed the cause of Trammell’s death as excited delirium, a controversial condition often cited when police use force...

... Although pathologists cite the syndrome as a cause of death and emergency room doctors have procedures to treat it, excited delirium is not recognized by the American Medical Association or the American Psychological Association.

If you research excited delirium, even its wiki page is filled with information leading one to believe it is a dubious condition the police use to get away from criminal charges. It has a section regardering police taser misuse killing people. You won’t find that on any other condition the police deal with when making house calls.

& For those who may not know, a welfare check is simply the police coming to see if you are okay. For example, I called one on my uncle, an elderly man, and they just knocked on the door and left when they heard him respond.

If I’m supposed to say the emphasis was mine, it was.
edit on 5/1/2018 by spite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join