It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - If You Smell What The Rock Is Cooking

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Glad to know I'm not the only one with a strong memory on this one..

I don't remember him saying anything other than "Can you smell what the Rock is cooking?!"

There's a poster here that said the Rock has said "Can you smell" - but I couldn't find the Rock saying it, you'd think if be able to find that - the poster says he's waisted too much time already - so I'm assuming he isn't going to show us.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This is a weird one! I would swear that he said can you smell. Funny. I don't know if it's mandela effect or what psychological process is in effect that makes us all think that.

This made me go look at the lyrics for the Wycleff Jean song..but the rock says something else on that one. "And you're bout to smell what the Rock is cookin"

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

edit on 30-4-2018 by BLACKOWT because: hit button too many times

link   

edit on 30-4-2018 by BLACKOWT because: hit button too many times

link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

You saved me from typing....well from typing more..Thank you lol

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Again, you misremembered what you heard. It happens. There is no parallel timeline. Move along, nothing to see here.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

The end of the world.

Behold the power of words. And... tremble before it.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I always thought it was "Do you smell". But I rarely watch WWE and I wouldn't bet any money on this memory.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

"Can you smell what the Rock is cookin?!"

"Who is Andre the Giant?" - Turd Ferguson

edit on 1-5-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I consider myself an avid wrestling fan (WWE, ECW, etc.) in my younger years, and remember it as “can”. Must be that earlyy Alzheimer’s setting in, as I am not a proponent of the ME.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
This isn't the mandala effect,much like the last thread OP posted.

He has said it a few ways.
He has said IF you....
He has said CAN you...
He has said DO you.....smell what the rock is cooking.

I'd go do the looking but I have better things to do than spend time on this theory.
I am disappointed I wasted this much time already.

Come on??

nope sorry you should have taken the time to research the claims before just off handedly rejecting them. Apparently it HAS always been IF and that boggles my mind. I've been an Avid WWE(and WWF before the change) and I remember The Rock and Stone Cold Rivalry. Stone Cold was my favorite character and my best friends favorite was the rock. I remember the Rock Asking him if he could smell, hell I remember the rock asking many people:

"CAN YOU SMELLLLLLLLLL....... What the ROCK!..... Is COOKINGGGGG *EyeBrow Raise*"

Now apparently we are all wrong... This is actually mind boggling for me

ETA: Did some more research and I found this youtube Link:

Can you Smell what the Rock is Cooking?

It's CALLED Can you smell but he actually now says IF you smell. He says it towards the end of the video... Such a weird find. I still say we could all be wrong... but there's something going on here, even if it's mass delusion. The question then is of course, what's causing this mass Delusion

edit on 5/1/2018 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

He has said it a few ways. He has said IF you.... He has said CAN you... He has said DO you.....smell what the rock is cooking.

Has someone reported him to the FBI?

How can a celebrity do this?

Don't they know that saying such things will cause conspiracy theorists to believe they came from another reality?

What is the world coming to

Think of the children people

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Sorry no, refer to my above post. The OP is saying that he has ONLY ever said "IF" and if you research the claims it turns out to be true. I read the op and like you two said to myself "this is silly, I remember him saying "can you smell" but after doing even a little research you will find that he NEVER said Can you smell. The Op is stating(and correctly so) that the Rock has ALWAYS said IF you smell and never said can you smell.

Again just research the claims yourself, it has boggled my mind, and it will obviously boggle both of yours since you are both so sure(as I was) that he has in fact said "Can you smell"

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I don't remember him saying anything other than "Can you smell what the Rock is cooking?!"

what you are suggesting makes one think you are implying you have heard every word Dwayne the Rock Johnson has ever spoken.

Is this the case to make the statement you have quoted above?

There's a poster here that said the Rock has said "Can you smell" - but I couldn't find the Rock saying it, you'd think if be able to find that - the poster says he's waisted too much time already - so I'm assuming he isn't going to show us.

The poster used logic and said that he has said 3 different ways that all make sense.

Yes its a waste of time because you have proven without a doubt that memory is very fallible and fluid, extremely in some cases.

Mandela effect believers have also shown how people really don't pay attention to what they doing or reading which really explains why they think up is down and vice versa.

Glad to know I'm not the only one with a strong memory on this one..

Your not.

I remember him saying the same.

explanation, he has said it that way and a few others and I remember him saying it the way you do.

or

you bringing it up the way you have influenced me to remember the way you say he said it when I might have actually heard him say any one of the other ways that would make perfect sense.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: Pearj

I remember him saying the same.

explanation, he has said it that way and a few others and I remember him saying it the way you do.

or

you bringing it up the way you have influenced me to remember the way you say he said it when I might have actually heard him say any one of the other ways that would make perfect sense.

Ok this is getting silly now... you are the THIRD poster to say something akin to "of course he said it that way and many other ways" And I AGREE with you but if you research it, the OP is correct and he has ONLY EVER said it "If you smell" If any of you can show me even one example of him saying "can you smell" I'll be a happy camper.

But it's getting silly that now THREE people are saying "of course he said Can you smell but we aren't going to research it or find an example of it in any way" you are all AGREEING with him, but saying he's wrong

I'm waiting for one example cause I read this and as an AVID WWE and WWF supporter back in my day I was like you, but unlike you I like to research and provide examples and when I went off into cyberspace to easily prove this to be wrong, I did the opposite. I'm still 70% sure he HAS at least a few times said "CAN you smell" but I still can not find a single example. I'd love for all of you who are so sure he has, to show us at least one example.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

I remember him saying "can you smell" but after doing even a little research you will find that he NEVER said Can you smell.

what research? articles making similar claims, official web sites making claims?

There is only one avenue of research to get an answer to this.

Its what I suggested the OP is implying by saying certain things, hearing everything the Rock has said when he was under contact with the WWE or F or which ever one it was.

Remembering him saying it or any other way must be from footage so gather all the footage from his wrestling days and start watching.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

And I AGREE with you but if you research it, the OP is correct and he has ONLY EVER said it "If you smell" If any of you can show me even one example of him saying "can you smell" I'll be a happy camper.

How many hours of footage have you gone through to say the OP is correct.

you are all AGREEING with him, but saying he's wrong

Didn't once say the OP was wrong just agreed with the other posters logic where the Rock would say it one way or another depending on when and where and what the context is, it very likely that he has said it many ways.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Again, you remember every one of your friends putting their situational spin on a phrase. Thats how these phrases are remembered, through their situational re-usage.

Just like anyone who ever said "Luuuuuke, I am your fatha! " into a fan or from behind a mask. Its not going for historic reenactment, its comedic versions you remember, because we wouldn't remember them for any other reason than our friends jumping off the bed and spouting them as they smash us with a pillow.
edit on 1-5-2018 by Prene because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Thanks for backing me up - I'm as boggled as you are.

There's several great responses here - even skeptical folks (amazing and UnBreakable)!

Maybe it's time the Naysayers entertain the notion that there's something to this - beyond "issues of memory". It needs all eyes on it, investigation from different perspectives..

Maybe we're the ones being screwed by some means, not related to 'timelines' and 'alternate realities'.. ..Whatever the cause, it's affecting a huge portion of the population and needs real attention.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I too 'remember' the phrase 'can you smell...' - whether or not I remember him saying it, or other people imitating him saying it, is another thing - it was a while ago. If it was something he was saying now, there'd be memes for it? Can anyone find any memes along the lines of 'can you smell what the rock is cooking?' ?
'If you smell... ' just doesn't make any sense either! why would he say that?
so one pay to go with this is to find YT video, and go back and watch everything he says, see if you can find him saying 'can you smell' or see if when he says 'if you smell' if it sounds like it's been changed? or something.

I'm with the OP on this one - I would say, if asked, that I remember him saying 'can you smell'.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join