It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Uber drivers accused of Sexual assualt or abuse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Uber drivers accused of sexual assualt

Looking at this story makes me reevaluate men kind of, maybe. I know as a guy that some of use are like animals and what not. But is it the fact that maybe Uber is not doing a stringent enough of a background check on these drivers? Or another thought I had is it the fact these drivers our picking him up women, that might be dressed up really nice after coming from a bar and are passing out in the car or not having control of all of their faculties, that a switch flips on in a guy that says " this is so easy and she is looking so good know one is around to stop me." Could it be that? or like a co worker was telling me after I got her opinion that Uber drivers are creepers.

Also I know this is not ALL Uber drivers and in the story I believe CNN only looked at 103 Uber Drivers. I know a hundred does not represent the legions and legions of Uber drivers out there. it is interesting that Uber's message is to provide " a safe ride home"

Anyway what do you think are all guys just creepers or did just some bad apples filter through and get to be drivers for Uber?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Your priest might get someone in your family too.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This was also a thing in Australia, without exception The drivers responsible were Indian, Arab or African and in every case alcohol was a factor.
Ill bet you guys have a similar situation with a few Mexicans thrown in.

Id suggest intoxicated women dont get lifts from men whose cultures dont respect women or drunks

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

According to the article only one out of the 103 was proven to be a rapist. The other 102 are only accused.

Plus you have to wonder how many of those accusations came from uber competitors.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Are we blaming women? I mean I get self responsibility and I would hope women are alert when they get into a car with a stranger. But I don't think women are to blame?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I witnessed first hand what a disgruntled Uber driver is capable of.
There was day that I had to go and interview a individual around 9 A.M.
While I was in my car waiting to go inside a Uber driver pulled up and grabbed some dude from his backseat and threw him on the ground.Now I understand that the dude was drunk AF and was probably being a dick but he had no idea where he was at.
I got him a few bags and sat him down and tried with no success to find out where he intended to go. The dude is lucky that I know most of the police on duty at that time. I called a police buddy to come and assist and asked that he not get a public intox. After freaking an hour long ordeal we figured out that he was a truck driver stopping off and decided to go to a bar. They got him to his truck finally. The whole thing was actually really funny. Watching this burley 40 something year old crying in public is something I will never forget.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Definitely wasn’t blaming the women, anyone should be able to use a public service without fear of assault.

I’m blaming people from backward cultures who don’t respect women and assume that a drunk woman is a slut who is asking for it

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
Uber drivers accused of sexual assualt

Looking at this story makes me reevaluate men
Reevaluate what you are saying. It's not men that is the problem. It's the vetting process. Human kind has gone years with actual cab drivers. Why the problem now?

This just a cheap shot at men here.
edit on 30-4-2018 by Disenchanted1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

What a story.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Disenchanted1

I am not taking a cheap shot.. I am just seeing that the some of the things women tell me about men that they see are somewhat true.

And I am a man.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
its part of the ubers benefits package drivers get to molest and rob passengers .
perfect job for criminals between prison sentences .

prime example of why companies need strict regulating .

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

yea stricter checks that works flawlessly when most who are cought are first time offenders ... not to mention immagrants whos home dosent find it to be a crime

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Definitely wasn’t blaming the women, anyone should be able to use a public service without fear of assault.

I’m blaming people from backward cultures who don’t respect women and assume that a drunk woman is a slut who is asking for it

hate to blow your mind but it's not just guys from cultures besides yours. it's white men too.

it's men.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

""Manhater"" sounds too familiar.

🔑

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

hate to blow your mind but it's not just guys from cultures besides yours. it's white men too.

it's men.

You got stats to back that up or you just going with what’s pc and pushed/hidden by the media?
The amount of “guys not from my culture” represented in sexual assault cases is waaaaaay out of proportion to their percentage of the population.
Find me some actual hard data and not just leftist propaganda that supports your point and we can talk further

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

are you taking the position that white men don't rape because they have such respect, or just that brown men rape more?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Is that the counter to everythng now? that it is "just leftist propaganda" Its funnt because I bet the left is saying the same thing. " That's just conservative right wing propaganda" stop me if you have heard that one before.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Not brown men, men from backwards cultures.
There are many “brown” men who grew up with respect for women but coming from a culture that sees them as 2nd class citizens at best those guys are a bit different.

But let’s not let feelings or prejudices get in the way here, so me some stats that say “brown” men as u call them are not overly represented in sexual assault cases

edit on 30/4/2018 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

Is that the counter to everythng now? that it is "just leftist propaganda" Its funnt because I bet the left is saying the same thing. " That's just conservative right wing propaganda" stop me if you have heard that one before.
Yeah but the difference is leftists rely on feelings and righty’s generally use facts.

Just show me data that says sexual assault statistics are relative to population proportions and I’ll admit I was wrong and a bigot

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Ever see the hiring protocol for UBER?,it requires you drive a newer car in good shape,as far as the driver,he need not fit this criteria,more emphasis on the vehicle not on the drivers personal background

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join