It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The OIG Just Released a Very Interesting Report About a ‘Since Retired’ FBI Agent

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Finally, there are not “tens of thousands of Special Agents.” The entire agency is about 35,000 people. That’s agents, management, secretaries, analysts, all of it.
I think you misunderstood what was said.

According to the FBI website, they currently employ 13,500 special agents, which means there are tens of thousands of retired ones.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Would the SA be Comey's professor friend who passed on the leak ?

I believe the Prof's title was 'Special Employee'.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Seems I did. Oops

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: burntheships

Or none of the above.

Maybe, but it was an FBI Special Agent.

Who just happened to be contacting witnesses
in attempt to influence testimony.

Hmmm......

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Look at the Gold Club trial. The fbi agent banged a stripper while he used her as an informant. Then attacked the defense attorney.

Allegedly used illegal tactics agaimst outlaw motorcycle clubs.

Then secured a conviction against a cop for lying about his purple heart after he lost his award document. It was on his DD214. Every copy everywhere. Authenticated.
So the agent liased with local news agencies to poison the jury pool.
Then testified in the state's grand jury instead of the actual detectives charging the state's case.
After all of this
No federal charges were ever filed, and no evidence contradicting the dd214, a legal document authenticated by the typist that signed it and a retired fbi document expert was ever produced.

At least one of the detectives had already been investigated for banging a criminal informant and punished for it.

So...there's that...

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: butcherguy

Considering all of the things the Special Agent is found to have done, he or she would have had to have something substantial to offer in return for not being prosecuted.

You mean like all the great prosecutions that resulted from the immunities handed out in the Clinton email investigation?? You mean like that??

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That's a pretty good way to explain it.

Each agency is different.

In my agency, the SA title indicates someone who has graduated the 1811 job code course at FLETC and then the agency's Criminal Investigator course. The standards of which exceed that of 1801 ("Officer" title).

Duty slots within the chain of command can be held by people who still retain their title and job code. For example, an 1811 can be known as the Director of a program or facility. On most correspondence, the person will be addressed as Director XYZ, however their job title and series is still SA/1811.

I have seen 1811s rescind their SA status in order to take a more prestigious job role as an 1801. I don't know what that process is called, but it's fairly common in the border protection-related agencies. Let's say a field agent (SA) in a huge office who is sick of doing mundane tasks gets the chance to lateral or promote to another office where he or she will be in a supervisory role, but the slot they are going into is for an 1801.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Thanks to esteemed ATS member IAMTAT, we now know who this agent more than likely is:

One of them, James A. Baker, was one of Mr. Comey’s closest confidants. He served as the F.B.I.’s top lawyer until December when he was reassigned as the new director, Christopher A. Wray, began installing his own advisers. Mr. Baker had been investigated by the Justice Department on suspicion of sharing classified information with reporters. He has not been charged.

ETA:

Looks like Mr. Baker has a nice cushy position waiting for him:

The decisions by Mr. Baker and Ms. Page to leave the bureau were unrelated. Mr. Baker said in a telephone interview that he would be joining the Brookings Institution to write for Lawfare, its blog focused on national security law.

edit on 4-5-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

It would appear that Comey's ex-confidant, Mr. Baker, has been cooperating.
No charges.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think not.
If Baker has just resigned today, how does that jibe with the OIG report being dated April 30 and saying " who has since retired?"

edit on 5/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Just being reported today, is it impossible that the news is late to the party?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Just being reported today, is it impossible that the news is late to the party?

Two top F.B.I. aides who worked alongside the former director James B. Comey as he navigated one of the most politically tumultuous periods in the bureau’s history resigned on Friday.
www.nytimes.com...

That would be today.
edit on 5/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Resigned today as "reported".

He actually quit last month.

MSM

😎✅

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm sure you have a source for that claim.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This leads me to believe that had the story in the OP been about someone like Mueller, McCabe, comey, etc., it would have said Senior FBI official.

One would think that Former Director Comey would know how to properly address McCabe:

Special Agent Andrew McCabe stood tall over the last 8 months, when small people were trying to tear down an institution we all depend on. He served with distinction for two decades. I wish Andy well. I also wish continued strength for the rest of the FBI. America needs you.
— James Comey (@Comey) January 30, 2018
emphasis mine

Popcorn: Andrew McCabe vs. James Comey

Maybe Comey misremembered?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join