It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The OIG Just Released a Very Interesting Report About a ‘Since Retired’ FBI Agent

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This could be referring to Andrew McCabe.

He leaked to the NYT, and we know that
he was texting with Lisa Page.

It could also be Peter Strzok, for
the same reasons.

But witness tampering, that is downright serious.
I'll be interested to learn why he was not prosecuted!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
a reply to: Grambler

I know, but it's a special agent. It's not some high up that people are hoping for.

Here's an application for a special agent, it's basically an entry level position.

Become a Special Agent

And from reading the report that says inappropriate conduct with a witness - to me that sounds like one of the 10s of thousands of special agents Anthony Weiner-ed himself to a witness, does it not?

well it does say that the agent appears to have intended to try to influence a witnesses testimony.

That is very bad and corrupt

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Just guessing I would say Josh Campbell. He's likely less insulated than the higher ups and seemed close enough to know the interworkings.

Re: Josh Campbell:

An open letter to the FBI agent who resigned because of Trump

thehill.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

As I recall, McCabe did not retire. Nor did Strzok, who is/was not a Special Agent.

edit on 4/30/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It says misuse of electronic equipment? Along with a litany of other charges.

It says this at the bottom the document you linked and the other separately, make me think it's unrelated, I could be wrong.

The OIG has completed its investigation and provided its report to the FBI.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

I posted a different investigation.
Because it's sort of funny (misuse of the back seat?), and to point out that speculating about the Special Agent in the case presented by the OP is pointless.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

As I recall, McCabe did not retire. Nor did Strzok, who is/was not a Special Agent.

Oh, right. Andy was fired.

Strzok was a special agent, but I dont think he is anymore.

According to reports he was reassigned to the HR division....

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
What about James Gagliano?
Now works for CNN.

Retiring from the FBI in 2015 Jimmy’s experience leading investigators in assignments across the globe led to his transition from practitioner to academic. He serves as speaker in academic and motivational settings and he teaches undergraduate classes in Homeland Security, Criminal Justice, Military History, and Leadership at St. John’s University in Jamaica, Queens.

He also serves as a full-time Law Enforcement Analyst for CNN and is a frequent contributor to Newsmax and CNN Opinion online. Jimmy has provided leadership instruction to a wide variety of audiences from various corporations and organizations, both U.S. and international.

www.thayerleaderdevelopment.com...
edit on 30-4-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

My bad I thought you were suggesting that they were most likely one in the same as in there isn't a separate person being charged with these infractions. I agree it can be nothing but speculative without them providing a name and may be related to a case this isn't even on our radar.
edit on 4/30/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/30/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Strzok was a special agent

I don't think so.

During the 1990s Strzok served an officer the U.S. Army before joining the FBI as an intelligence researcher.

By 2015 he was a senior analyst with experience supervising investigations that had involved Russian and Chinese espionage. Strzo was enlisted that year to oversee the investigation code-named “Midyear” which was investigating Clinton’s private server.
www.newsweek.com...

But he's not retired, is he?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

"Special Agent" is a job title.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I would say FBI Agent W. Joseph Astarita -- who fired the shots at LaVoy Finicum at the deadman's roadblock and then lied about it to investigators -- but I can't see anywhere that he's retired/resigned. He has been charged though, and as I understand it an IG was appointed to investigate after complaints were made to Andrew McCabe.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Says nothing about his title.

Also, we know from his texts he did arrange a meeting
with the judge Rudolph Contreras.

saraacarter.com...

Not hard to believe he would go even further and
contact witnesses.

We don't know if he is still working, he could have retired.
edit on 30-4-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

The description sounds more like analyst than Special Agent.

When did he retire?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Astarita was charged as he would not have been reported as having plead not guilty.

This particular agent was not charged as per the OIG report. And this is after witness tampering of multiple witnesses, on top of the other violations listed.

I think it is possible that whomever is referenced by the report is still involved in some sort of ongoing legal process and that is why their name is not included in the report.

Of course, this is just a summary, the full investigatory file would be available to the persons with the relevant clearance and that probably has the identity disclosed.
edit on 30-4-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Here is more about Strzok.

www.businessinsider.com...

That is when he was demoted. I don't know that he is retired, but he could be.

Aside from that, this could be one of several other agents who
left the FBI during the last year under the HRC fallout.

Or it could be related to Finicum.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Would the SA be Comey's professor friend who passed on the leak ?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
What "year" did these IG investigations start ?

😎

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
To clear up a few things:

An SA, or Special Agent, is similar to a patrol officer in your local PD. While it is “entry level” in that it’s the first position an agent holds out of the academy, not all SAs are rookies or even new. Much like its entirely possible to spend an entire career in patrol, it’s entirely possible to spend an entire career as an SA.

Inspectors are senior agents who’s primary responsibility is to inspect field offices. From investigations to training to evidence handling to administration, Inspectors cover it all. They typically work out of FBIHQ, and can be called in (or sent) to help with high profile or complex cases. Inspectors are typically SSAs rather than SAs.

Analysts in the FBI are not agents of any type. They are unsworn support personnel, and would never be addressed as or referred to as SA. Mueller was not an SA, he was a DoJ lawyer. McCabe was an SA. Strzok was an SA, but is a section chief now.

Finally, there are not “tens of thousands of Special Agents.” The entire agency is about 35,000 people. That’s agents, management, secretaries, analysts, all of it.

Hopefully the above info helps clarify things a bit and narrow down the search for...whatever.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Or none of the above.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join