It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Intelligence Is Cracking Open the Vatican's Secret Archives

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Probably all been digitized by now and stuck on the Popes thumb drive truth be told.

However this kind of information will never be made available to our masses because it would inevitably show the Holy Roman Church Of Saint Peter to be what it really is, that being a dog and pony show for the masses based on a book written by Man with all his fear and fallibility at play.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
Like, oh, say the church's rich history of child sexual abuse.

I doubt it, unless it was in a judicial process there is no reason to record imoral actions.

Or their robbery of people for their property, or the details of the Inquisition, or....

Details of the Inquisition are on the archives of the respective sections, I have seen Inquisition documents from the Lisbon Inquisition, that was also responsible for Brazil. Those documents are on Portuguese National Archive and were scanned some years ago.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I wish I could have gained access to the VSA, I just could not qualify.
But I have schlepped around the Vatican quite a bit, the foods good 4 days a week and the beer is always cold. I didn't care for the fish, and on Friday everything tastes like fish.

Are the requirements written down, or are they arbitrarily administered by the Vatican management?

I spent some time at the Vatican with my wife years ago. It is a remarkable place, to say the least. Where did you eat when you were there?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join