It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is John McCain still a voting member of the Senate?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Stage 4 Cancer. He cannot attend meetings. He barely makes votes and when he has they have simply been vindictive. When does health come into play on what decisions someone is making especially if they have 'brain cancer' which I would think could easily be affecting his thought process. They MUST be on the floor for a vote.

Link

“If I hadn’t admitted that to myself before this summer, a stage 4 cancer diagnosis acts as ungentle persuasion,” McCain continues. “I’m freer than colleagues who will face the voters again. I can speak my mind without fearing the consequences much. And I can vote my conscience without worry. I don’t think I’m free to disregard my constituents’ wishes, far from it. I don’t feel excused from keeping pledges I made. Nor do I wish to harm my party’s prospects. But I do feel a pressing responsibility to give Americans my best judgment.”

As a true politician also he still panders to those who think they had a part in any decision he made meaning his constituents. Guy has time to write a 'ghost book' but picks and chooses for what and when he will vote when it fits his agenda.

This guy is the swamp and it is sad, to be honest, it takes 'death' to remove people like this who are a cancer in itself to politics today. He as well as Thad Cochran were close to screwing the tax vote remember. McCain did screw us with a no to repeal OCare and it had no impact except to screw the US people.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Congressional term limits.

Any ideas on how we can get trump to talk about this?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
His statement sounds quite lucid to me. Your insipid statements regarding his character reflect more on yourself than him.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

McCain did screw us with a no to repeal OCare and it had no impact except to screw the US people.

It didn't screw this hard working tax paying american.

In fact the aca saved me from colon cancer.

But I still want term limits on congress members.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

He won't be doing this much longer..

McCain tells son-in-law take care of his daughter

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I don't want to hear about his war stories. My father fought in Vietnam and saw things and did things he never talked about. He was in pre Thet.

McCain sucks. I am talking about his voting record and his life as a politician. He is the ultimate example of a bought and paid for vote.

My point and question was...should someone with Stage 4 brain cancer still hold office?
edit on Aprpm30pmf0000002018-04-30T16:34:05-05:000405 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I remember Ted Kennedy had brain cancer. Did he step down?

I agree there should be some way to remove a senator too ill to function. They can remove a president. I am also in favor of some kind of term limit. Also for supreme court judges (and even other judges.) Even if they are in office for 20 years, no one should be appointed for life. Sadly, I don't think there is any way to get the senate to vote to limit their own power.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

How did the ACA save you from colon cancer. Just curious? Congrats on still being here...

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

He should have stepped down. Just like McCain should. Term limits are something that should be corrected also but only if the right people are there to make the change.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I couldn't afford health insurance because I work part time so I can be at home to take care of my sick mother.

But the aca changed that and I had a colonoscopy done because of pain I have had in my side for years.

I had precancerous growths in my colon that I had to get removed. I am having the last of them removed on the 12th of may.

The gastrologist told me that i was lucky I had it done when I did. Because it was for sure going to be colon cancer at some point soon.

Never would have had this done without the aca.

After the last of it is removed I plan on making a thread about it. Just to show people that the aca has done some good and it's not just for the unemployed.
edit on 30-4-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I will celebrate when the 'Maverick' is no longer involved in politics. I will not celebrate his illness or his death, but at the same time, it is well beyond time for the man to leave DC. You're 100% correct in saying he's the prototype for everything wrong with the Swamp. For a man who has frequently presented his head to accept the patriot crown, he's certainly failed to demonstrate why he deserves it.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I couldn't afford health insurance because I work part time so I can be at home to take care of my sick mother.

But the aca changed that and I had a colonoscopy done because of pain I have had in my side for years.

I had precancerous growths in my colon that I had to get removed. I am having the last of them removed on the 12th of may.

The gastrologist told me that i was lucky I had it done when I did. Because it was for sure going to be colon cancer at some point soon.

Never would have had this done without the aca.

After the last of it is removed I plan on making a thread about it. Just to show people that the aca has done some good and it's not just for the unemployed.

Believe me, the rest of us paid for you to have that and in many cases, we paid for it by not being able to afford to actually use the insurance we were mandated to purchase. McCain needs to represent everyone in his district, and I believe lawmakers MUST figure out ways to represent everyone that don't rely on taking money and resources from half to dole out to the other half in the name of pandering for votes. As it stands now, that's a huge conflict of interest. Everyone has the same opportunity to better their positions to be able to afford coverage... the problems begin when we start considering some to be too fragile or weak to provide for themselves, so we identify those strong enough to pick up the tab for total strangers. McCain is all about that crap and always has been. The man is the definition of a RINO and it has only been his little foray into hero-worship brought about by his stint as a POW that has sheltered him from the criticism and backlash over his wishy-washy luke warm "leadership" that he sorely has deserved.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Actually I think it is fair to say whatever he says now is the truth ...atleast as he sees it. He has nothing to lose. No more elections to win or lobbiests to pander to...

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Because the subsidies have give millions of people insurance. Our medical system is screwed..

We let parasites(heath insurance companies) run our medical industry...

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
His statement sounds quite lucid to me. Your insipid statements regarding his character reflect more on yourself than him.

McCain is walking garbage and represents all that is wrong with American Govt. Your defense of his character reflects more on you than Matafuchs.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
We let parasites(heath insurance companies) run our medical industry...

Then we doubled down and let parasites (politicians) decide who could sit on their asses while others covered their expenses themselves...

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Believe me, the rest of us paid for you to have that

I understand that. And I am grateful. Thank you.

McCain needs to represent everyone in his district

Agreed. He should have voted the way his constituents wanted him to. Our congressman work for us though that's something they have forgotten. Term limits say every 2-3 years with the option to run again each time would bring more honesty into congress. I would hope anyway.

My opinion is that we should get insurance companies out of health care and have universal health care for all payed for by our taxes.

I pay taxes and I would much rather that money go to health then to go to tanks and planes and military bs we don't need.
And no it's not just military that overspends our tax money. All of the government over spending needs to be addressed.

Imagine how great this country would be if we spent that money on health , education , and infrastructure.

Because a country can not be great if it's bridges and streets are falling apart and its citizens are dumb and sick, can it?
edit on 30-4-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Kinda dumb question...I can't stand ole Songbird McCain...but he was elected by the people of his state. Can't just fire him because he has Cancer...

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

even if you did that it wouldn't fix anything, the problem is our tax system, regulations and wasteful spending, not wasteful as in too much but spending in the wrong places and the wrong way.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

He won't be doing this much longer..

McCain tells son-in-law take care of his daughter

But McCain's still healthy enough to send secret messages to his "friends" in the Mideast. Wants to get WWIII started, if it's the last thing he does.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join